New South Wales BwB

Paxter

So how are the hangovers?

mine -not bad after a 7 am dip at the beach.

I somehow managed to avoid one, I'm not entirely sure how but given I got the 'come and get your kids, they have all been up for hours and they are driving us crazy' call at 1 minute past seven that is a very good thing.

How did the rest of the night go after I left?

i understand some people might still be asleep...or possibly still out drinking :cheers:

ill leave the report to those who stayed the full night...and i believe neal and pax have a few pictorial evidences of the night to boot :P

so cool to meet some for the first, and revisit other old friends too :blush:

if anyone is around in sydney i think about the 20th dec sir cam is up from melb for the weekend and is keen for dinner, so theres another meetup for then.

:crying: it would be sad if its the last time we saw each other before someone kindly volunteered for us to visit their place in Brisvegas for the GoT release ::prods neal:: (lots of time to start saving :D)

i understand some people might still be asleep...or possibly still out drinking :cheers:

ill leave the report to those who stayed the full night...and i believe neal and pax have a few pictorial evidences of the night to boot :P

so cool to meet some for the first, and revisit other old friends too :blush:

if anyone is around in sydney i think about the 20th dec sir cam is up from melb for the weekend and is keen for dinner, so theres another meetup for then.

:crying: it would be sad if its the last time we saw each other before someone kindly volunteered for us to visit their place in Brisvegas for the GoT release ::prods neal:: (lots of time to start saving :D)

I left about 2345h

everyone was well behaved up till then.

[sound of crickets]

Where's the pics n00bs?

Your west coast wanker friend got all the pics. And the way he was sipping on his sambuca near the end, he probably caught the worst of the hangovers and will take a while to upload all the pics/vids. Considering he is from the west coast, he probably wouldn't know how to work the camera until tomorrow :P

People slowly trickled out soon after Brook ditched! :thumbsdown: At the end it was me, Pax and Screaming Turkey (the next youtube star :lol: ). We were at the pub till 4am, when the damn place closed. By then, we were angry cuz there was only three of us there...and that they stopped serving booze :tantrum:. So we made a video of how we hate all the people that left early :box: .

I wasn't there at the starting pub so I'll wait for Pax, he got all the photos too.

Just got home and I'm shattered. Had a brilliant time and was great seeing everyone (special thanks to Pax and Stormy for the organising)

I believe I volunteered ThatGuy's place :)

Next youtube star? Gods, was I singing? I vaguely remember the Pokemon theme song sometime during the night.

I was quite impressed with your pokemon rendition, belting it out at the top of your lungs.

Turkey you made my night. Your two random outbursts/attacks/rants against that girl who sat down with us were hilariously funny/awkward for me and dean. Lol and it all started with her asking "why aren't you talking? Can you talk." And you two just had at it from then on. I reckon If she had a moustache or some other manly feature you probably would have punched on.

ETA who won the quiz storm?

umm well its hard to say - but jeor and horza were pretty neck and neck

and screaming turkey was an absolute legend for remembering the last two lines of the Nights Watch pledge pretty much word for word...seriously impressed!

Turkey you made my night. Your two random outbursts/attacks/rants against that girl who sat down with us were hilariously funny/awkward for me and dean. Lol and it all started with her asking "why aren't you talking? Can you talk." And you two just had at it from then on. I reckon If she had a moustache or some other manly feature you probably would have punched on.

:stunned: :laugh: thats tooo funny!

umm well its hard to say - but jeor and horza were pretty neck and neck

and screaming turkey was an absolute legend for remembering the last two lines of the Nights Watch pledge pretty much word for word...seriously impressed!

I had trouble hearing the questions... but the Night's watch pledge.. count me :bowdown: by the geekery :D

Great stuff meeting all you guys!

On the quiz, I think if we tallied it up Horza probably had me beat by one or two points. I didn't get the Night's Watch vow (respect to Screaming Turkey!) or Karstark's second killing and I might have missed one other question somewhere. Thanks to Stormborne and Pax for organising the whole night though, I'll definitely have to swing by the next one (plus if it's in December, it'll be school holidays, so no reason to hold back for the working week to come ;)).

I think we're even Jeor - could only name Tion Frey and had no clue about the NW oath.

Accidently posted my thanks in Aussies but what the hey: great work stormbourne and roll on Dec 16(ish?)!

I was quite impressed with your pokemon rendition, belting it out at the top of your lungs.

:lol: I can't even remember why I was so aggressive towards her. I think she really hated me though, especially after the huge rant. I swear I'm usually a nice guy, just blame it on the alcohol ;)

Just got home and I'm shattered. Had a brilliant time and was great seeing everyone (special thanks to Pax and Stormy for the organising)

I believe I volunteered ThatGuy's place :)

hahaha i believe he volunteered your place :P ... but if you're both seriously, send us a date! thanks to you both for coming down!

I think we're even Jeor - could only name Tion Frey and had no clue about the NW oath.

Accidently posted my thanks in Aussies but what the hey: great work stormbourne and roll on Dec 16(ish?)!

Yeah hes down for Friday the 17th, should we start another thread? Morningsword will be back too. And whaddya reckon we go visit the place of good food (newtown) this time instead?

do you remember our walking convo re-the origin of the name Horza? can i steal the name of that series again from you?

Oh, and I didn't get the pledge completely right--I left out the "honour" part.

Ah well, close enough.

dude, it was seriously impressive. do you reckon you could quote the whole thing impromptu?

also im sorry karaoke didnt work out guys. in hindsight i should have booked that too but didnt really forsee a problem (strike was actually having technical diffs and the dodgy korean place was under reno's, the other was booked out)...im glad some people got seranaded though :P and you know what this means anyway, we'll just all have to meet up again and do it :grouphug:

Archived