New South Wales BwB

Paxter

hey guys

bowling will be at king street wharf so im assuming we wont be wanting to cart arse to surry hills or newtown or darlinghurst for grub...so does anyone know some decent places for grub in the inner city? because we are such a large group we should probably book somewhere....

i've had a bit of a poke around to see whats about locally and also offers something for our vege-boardering vegan guests. only really came up with few so far, havent been to most:

La Cita - a bit on the upper end o' the stick price wise, but a reasonably broad menu

James Squire Brewery - located right next to strike. have eaten here and food was ok. beer was better :P

australian heritage hotel - in the rocks so a bit of a walk but the price is lower and the pizzas are sposed to be good

blackbird cafe - mornindsword recommended this the last time we were looking into a bwb thingo

sumac - went here a few years ago and it was ok. we did the banquest which was really generous and good value however they did tend to try to load you up on bread etc

pancakes on the rocks - pretty self explanatory, good pancakes, the rest is a bit ho hum. but theyre also at darlingharbour, so a short stroll away.

and if all else fails there is Grill'd - which is more of a takeout burger place but the burgers are very good and fresh and hearty, prolly enough seats for all. if the weathers nice we could sit by the water and munch, or we might be able to nab enough seats inside\\

suggestions? ideas?

the brewery/ pub thingo sounds promising

:agree:

Would be good to go somewhere quintessentially Aussie just to get it out of my system before three months of northern hemisphere travelling.

@Jebus: Damn.

Final attendance list is as follows:

The Winged Shadow

Pax

stormborne + GG + mate

Horza

Ski + mate

brook + OH (OH not for bowling)

JewBear (not for bowling though)

Dean

Neal

sh_wulff

Screaming Turkey + mate

fungi + garth

ThatGuy

Jeor

maybe the aus heritage hotel then? james squire just does their own beers, whereas the heritage has over 40 beers from microbreweries over aus...theres even one called mountain goat :rofl: i think we shall have to have that one after a certain goat :P

aaannnd you can even get emu, kanga and croc pizzas....but james squire is also cool...what do you guys reckon? i dont want ski giving me shit for the rest of my life if he doesnt like the food :uhoh:

Ok so looks like it will just be me for the bowling. Phil's best made has bought him tickets to the tennis so he's ditching me, he'll be meeting us afterwards for dinner and drinks though.

maybe the aus heritage hotel then? james squire just does their own beers, whereas the heritage has over 40 beers from microbreweries over aus...theres even one called mountain goat :rofl: i think we shall have to have that one after a certain goat :P

Who's that then? :dunce:

Actually somebody and I can't remember who sent me a PM telling me I should go try that beer but I never did. Hope you Aussies enjoy your meet up :grouphug:

Who's that then? :dunce:

Actually somebody and I can't remember who sent me a PM telling me I should go try that beer but I never did. Hope you Aussies enjoy your meet up :grouphug:

hmmm i wonder who it could be? you reckon if we crack open a bottle the goat himself might just appear? it would be good, and in usual aussie spirit we'll just have to have a go and see if it does operate some fantastical goat teletransporting mechanism

shame you cant be there :grouphug:

Archived