New South Wales BwB

Paxter

I think T said bowling at 4:30 pm, but we'll probably be out drinking at James Squire from just after midday.

@ithanos + Winged Shadow + any others who want to see our Kiwi mate: any ideas on where to head for drinks on Friday night? I'm thinking maybe dinner as well (beer + curry = win).

Eh, I don't know any good curry place at the city. But then again, I am pretty critical of curries. For pubs, if we head to the Rocks, there is the Orient Hotel or Lowenbrau. A bit to the south we have Scruffy Muprhy or the Three Wise Monkeys. As long as the place has booze, I am happy, so I never really paid attention to anything else.

We can always start early and go around checking out the pubs ;)

I'm working friday night 6-10, but I'd strenuously recommend drinking in Newtown over the CBD any day of the week. Better atmosphere, cheaper beer, more stuff to do and better stuff to eat. Depending on what you guys want in your pub experience I can make suggestions.

Eh, I don't know any good curry place at the city. But then again, I am pretty critical of curries. For pubs, if we head to the Rocks, there is the Orient Hotel or Lowenbrau. A bit to the south we have Scruffy Muprhy or the Three Wise Monkeys. As long as the place has booze, I am happy, so I never really paid attention to anything else.

We can always start early and go around checking out the pubs ;)

Obviously you don't eat with Asians. :P

Chat Thai (Thai) and Mamak (Malaysian) are both raved about.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can make it that day now.

Forget all that other crap we are talking about in here. Let us focus on the important stuff.

For the BwB Sydney meet, who do we think is going to:

1. Go home/back to their room first?

2. Be the drunkest person of the evening?

3. Throw up first?

4. Throw up the most?

5. Be lying in the gutter crying for their mother?

Forget all that other crap we are talking about in here. Let us focus on the important stuff.

For the BwB Sydney meet, who do we think is going to:

1. Go home/back to their room first?

2. Be the drunkest person of the evening?

3. Throw up first?

4. Throw up the most?

5. Be lying in the gutter crying for their mother?

Ski?

I can quite easily see myself as number 2 though.

I think most people see you as number 2's Ski :rofl:

But seriously, that does sound like a gauntlet being thrown down!

Who is taking up the challenge??

some final deets:

for those coming bowling:

- lanes have been booked for 430pm at Strike Bowling King Street Wharf (see here for a map)

- we need to arrive circa 20 minutes early to get shoes, balls, teams etc sorted

- if you feel up to it, come earlier for pre-bowling drinks at The James Squire, which is right next door...no concrete time for that yet, but i'd say some of us will be there at least an hour before :thumbsup:

for those joining us for dinner and beyond

- we have a 7pm reserveation at The Australian Heritage Hotel at the Rocks - click here for map

i made the reservation under BwB - so if you rock up earlier, thats the table we're at. they do gluten free pizza and have vegetarian and vegan options and i confirmed that they are happy to change stuff if anyone has any extra dietry requirements.

- from there...well who knows where we will end up :devil:

look forward till seeing ya'll there!

Thank you very much for organizing this Storm! Look forward to being there! :cheers: :love:

ahhh well i have paxy to thank because he copped all my "what should we doooooo" messages :laugh: - itll be great seeing you again TWS! hopefully you guys will still be good after friday night :P

Hopefully it will be a rather enjoyable time...and a lot of stories to be told.

Who's bringing a camera to document all of Ski's screwups?

i will take my camera...but im not sure my memory card will be big enough :rolleyes:

Archived