Norway vs Sweden

Lyanna Stark

Funny you should mention him, since he was killed during a battle with Norwegians :P

Actually that might be a point in Norway's favour. :P

Talk about misallocation of funds! Down with the Svinesund trade! Boo!

But they have a sale on beef right now, 50%

Buy now while stocks last!!

I strongly object to attempts by our western little brothers to monopolize he fine trade of viking.

Strapping lads from all of the scandinavian world did take their boats an go viking, not just norwegians. And at least we ended p Creating something that lasted a while

I strongly suspect the Swedish intrusion eastwards only lasting effect was a deep thirst for spirits ending in the invention of Vodka.

Which is still +1 Sweden, mind you.

But we...um, no Icelanders in this thread? No? No? Great!

WE beat Columbus by hundreds of years and found America!

Pshhhtt...

I play my "Native American" card, which gives me +2 immunity to imperial narratives.

Aha, but we did not build an empire there, which gives us a +3 "Not fucking over Native Americans" bonus!

Aha, but we did not build an empire there, which gives us a +3 "Not fucking over Native Americans" bonus!

Regarding fucking over the natives and building empires, I think Sweden should get +2 because of Gustavus Adolphus, a German speaking king who went and kicked the Germans' butt on their own turf.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't count on the fog, but still.

Plus because of him, the Finns celebreate "Swedish day" and in Sweden we eat a lovely cake. How awesome is that? A dead dude who makes us eat cake every year.

OK so Gustav Adolf made the world safe for Protestantism single handedly (he needed the other one to control his horse) - but what have the Swedes done for us lately? Apart from IKEA. Nothing.

OK so Gustav Adolf made the world safe for Protestantism single handedly (he needed the other one to control his horse) - but what have the Swedes done for us lately? Apart from IKEA. Nothing.

Dag Hammarskjöld? He made Congo safe for... Oh, wait.

Our IKEA massively burned down this week. No one was hurt, so its rather funny.

Snorre. While an Icelander, all of the interesting kings he describes are Norwegians (also, they were good at zingers - see Olaf I's description of his opponents)

In addition:

- Norway hadn't had nobility for 600 years, but could still field guys with names like "Georg Valentin von Munthe af [of] Morgenstierne"

- first General-Secretary of the UN, Trygve Lie

- Ibsen was awesome

- so was Nordahl Grieg

All I got.

Our IKEA massively burned down this week. No one was hurt, so its rather funny.

Last time I went to IKEA a car caught on fire in the parking garage underneath the store and we had to evacuate the building. It sucked because my truck was in the same garage, along with my jacket, and I had to stand out in the cold until the fire dept. cleared the scene. I guess the car on fire destroyed a couple other cars near it, so I was not sure if my truck was destroyed or not until we were allowed back in (it was fine). The kicker is that I was completely done with my shopping and at the checkout. If I had been 5 minutes faster I would have been outta there! I'm afraid that I'm going to have to blame Sweden for this entire incident, so -1 Swedes.

When elephants fight, the grass gets trampled.

Of course here, we have mice squabbling and you won't even need to rake the dirt afterward.

Who else is now more convinced than ever by this thread that Norway and Sweden have no distinguishing chracteristics from each other? (and barely any from anywhere else...)

Who else is now more convinced than ever by this thread that Norway and Sweden have no distinguishing chracteristics from each other?

Can't we just bring them back together along with Denmark, Iceland, & Finland to make the Greater Nordic Empire?

Archived