Season 2 Casting News Soon

Westeros

So true, couldn't agree more. Still wondering who's going to play the onion knight, he's one of my favourites. :)

You wouldn't believe it, but I thought of him as well. I really like Henry Ian Cusick and it would be amazing to see him in the TV Series.

-------------------

I know that the casting is not up to me, but I hope it's okay to make a 'wishing list.'

Since we have our Margarey Tyrell, I would love to see Jean Marsh or Eileen Atkins as the 'Queen of Thorns'.

As for Asha, maybe Talulah Riley?

Stannis, it's not that easy to pick one, but Christopher Eccleston would be a good choice. What about Matthew Macfadyen?

Melisandre, I would pick Tabrett Bethell, she's got that villian vibe. B)

As for Brienne, I have no clue and I'm a bit anxious about it. Don't get me wrong, she's my favourite female character in the series, but to find an actress, who fits the role is going to be a challenge. I hope the producers pick someone, who do justice to the wonderfull Maid of Tarth. :)

I'd love to see Tabrett Bethell again!

However I picture Melisandre to have a bigger built like Bridget Regan. Hey why not Bridget Regan? :D Yes, she do has 'nice' face but her acting chop is good enough to play a villain.

Bridget Regan would be fine, she was the only thing that made me suffer through Legend of the seeker.

If they are aiming for an older Mel, my vote would be Sophie Marceau.

Juergen Prochnow Would make an awesome Randyll Tarly, Roose Bolton or maybe even a good Blackfish.

Clearly we need an Unpopular Casting Opinions thread, cos apparently I'm the only one who thinks Natalie Dormer is fuckin' weird looking. Every picture I see of her she's making the same strange quirk with her mouth. Does she have Bell's Palsy or something?

Clive Standon tweets:

and then

Hmmmmmmm.....

So either Fiennes as Stannis or Green as Mel, but not both?

So what's the Merlin BBC series? Who's good from that?

Eva Green is currently filming (another project), Joseph Fiennes is not.

Hmmmmmmm.....

So either Fiennes as Stannis or Green as Mel, but not both?

So what's the Merlin BBC series? Who's good from that?

Eva Green is currently filming (another project), Joseph Fiennes is not.

It's not as if those two are the only two actors in camelot^^

Could be James Purefoy or Jamie Campbell Bower or someone else..

From the BBC's Merlin the most notable actor is probably Anthony Stewart Head (aka 'Giles from Buffy') who would be suitable for a number of roles on GoT. However, he's also got a recurring role on a new US series, and already has a reduced role on Season 4 of Merlin.

Joseph Fiennes as Stannis? Could be good. But I thought Camelot was cancelled because both Fiennes and Green had films booked for the following year? That would presumably rule them out from GoT as well, unless as guest stars they could fit either of their schedules around other projects?

Clearly we need an Unpopular Casting Opinions thread, cos apparently I'm the only one who thinks Natalie Dormer is fuckin' weird looking. Every picture I see of her she's making the same strange quirk with her mouth. Does she have Bell's Palsy or something?

That's not very nice. But I don't know how it can matter even if true. Why can't Osha have a strange quirk? She is not supposed to be a challenger for Miss Westeros.

I'd be very surprised if Fiennes or Green ended up in GoT. But plenty other Camelot actors.

It's not as if those two are the only two actors in camelot^^

Could be James Purefoy or Jamie Campbell Bower or someone else..

Had she not already been played by another actress, I would have thought that Margaery could be played by Tamsin Egerton.

From the BBC's Merlin the most notable actor is probably Anthony Stewart Head (aka 'Giles from Buffy') who would be suitable for a number of roles on GoT. However, he's also got a recurring role on a new US series, and already has a reduced role on Season 4 of Merlin.

Let's not forget about the ever delectable Katie McGrath. :)

Just as long as it's not Eva Green. She simply cannot act, and GoT demands good actors. Actually, James Purefoy would easily be the most skilled actor from Camelot. He'd be my only choice from that show (as far as I recall...) I'd hate it if it were Fiennes as well, that guy has a habit of getting shows cancelled

Archived