Season 2 Casting News Soon

Westeros

Henry Ian Cusick: DESMOND from LOST

Maybeeeeeeee. I never thought of Desmond Hume for this role yet. I would say he might be too young but if anything they like casting actors much older so maybe this would balance it out?

I have now become stuck with Christina Hendricks as the Red Woman. She seems more and more perfect for the part to me.

NO! I want Lucy Lawless as Melisandre soooooo bad...

sad about Camelot.. but I saw it coming..

Lucy never really fit my vision of Mel, but I have no doubts about her acting skills so she would do the role justice.

I just re-read the chapter where Meera and Jojen are introduced. God I hope they keep them in the show. I know that there have been casting calls for characters like Brienne but has anyone seen any casting calls for the Reeds?

I hope we get both Reeds, but I could see them being combined into one character. Either give Meera the green dreams or age up Jojen. I hope Osha doesn't end up taking up that role (especially since they have information learned from their father to give to Bran) but I'm confident that if the writers do scrap the characters, they'll make it work.

I hope we get some casting word on them soon. :) I'm surprised we haven't gotten more casting information actually. Aren't they due to start filming this month?

Yeah they are supposed to be filming in like three weeks, right? I'm going nuts waiting for casting info - I'm waaaay more anxious about this than ADWD, probably because five years has numbed the excitement a bit. I mean, can't we get a little nugget of ANYONE? I thought once we heard about Natalie Dormer that there'd be a flood of folks. Sigh. Cmon HBO, you're killin me here.

I hope we get both Reeds, but I could see them being combined into one character. Either give Meera the green dreams or age up Jojen. I hope Osha doesn't end up taking up that role (especially since they have information learned from their father to give to Bran) but I'm confident that if the writers do scrap the characters, they'll make it work.

I hope we get some casting word on them soon. :) I'm surprised we haven't gotten more casting information actually. Aren't they due to start filming this month?

Osha + aged up Jojen go with Bran. Someone else takes Rickon the opposite direction, could even be Maester Luwin takes Rickon.

I am guessing they are saving the casting news for Comic-Con in San Diego. The press will be gathered there in numbers. It is a great venue for announcements of this sort. Maybe a name or two the week before. I have little doubt they are hoarding the announcements right now. Many roles have been cast of which we are unaware.

Comic-Con runs from July 21-24th.

Osha + aged up Jojen go with Bran. Someone else takes Rickon the opposite direction, could even be Maester Luwin takes Rickon.

Oh I like this idea a lot! I was so sad when Maester Luwin died. It was a very touching scene in the book though, so for dramatic reasons I kind of hate to lose it, but so much other bad stuff happens, I really wouldn't mind Luwin getting to live. It'd be pleasant surprise.

Oh I like this idea a lot! I was so sad when Maester Luwin died. It was a very touching scene in the book though, so for dramatic reasons I kind of hate to lose it, but so much other bad stuff happens, I really wouldn't mind Luwin getting to live. It'd be pleasant surprise.

Dang it, I liked Meera but this does seem like the more likely option. They got Tonks to be Osha so they obviously wanna use her more.

I also kind of thought that Bran had a crush on Meera too, either that or she was just really good at balancing Jojen's old-man, downer schtick.

Osha + aged up Jojen go with Bran.

That would seem very possible except for the Luwin part. I imagine he is a dead man. Hard to see how he could survive and this series will not want to stop killing characters, now that they have started. The TV series may be happy with giving the Osha actress a good 2 season run. GRRM has talked about Osha a bit and he hasn't given away anything about a change.

Waiting till Comicon is very plausible too. But i'd imagine we are going to hear a few decisions before hand. Hard to keep everything under wraps given how big GoT has become. And filming starts at the same time also.

I don't think it's convincing, when anyone but Hodor carries Bran around. I don't see Osha or an aged up Jojen or Meera carrying a teenage boy (Bran in the series is what, 12,13?) for miles and miles every day. But if Osha goes with Rickon, then it would mean, no Osha/Natalia Teena for several Seasons and she is one of the "bigger stars" in the Series. For me it's hard to believe that they gave her the role just for a few scenes in series 1+2.. Maybe Osha gets a bigger role or a more important task in the series than in the book...?

I am guessing they are saving the casting news for Comic-Con in San Diego. The press will be gathered there in numbers. It is a great venue for announcements of this sort. Maybe a name or two the week before. I have little doubt they are hoarding the announcements right now. Many roles have been cast of which we are unaware.

Comic-Con runs from July 21-24th.

HBO have said they're going to announce things as deals are made. Trying to keep things under wrap for weeks on end is too difficult. If they happen to close a deal say a couple of days before Comic-Con, then they may announce it there, but otherwise we'll hear about it sooner.

But if Osha goes with Rickon, then it would mean, no Osha/Natalia Teena for several Seasons and she is one of the "bigger stars" in the Series.

Is she though? One lesser role in HP doesn't make somebody that big a star. Not like they chased Tena for the role. She auditioned alongside everyone else (as far as I know) and she really impressed them, so they cast her.

They gave Mark Addy, Sean Bean, Jason Momoa all 1 season. I don't think they'd be that worried about giving Tena two. Maybe more, if things go really really well.

Is she though? One lesser role in HP doesn't make somebody that big a star. Not like they chased Tena for the role. She auditioned alongside everyone else (as far as I know) and she really impressed them, so they cast her.

They gave Mark Addy, Sean Bean, Jason Momoa all 1 season. I don't think they'd be that worried about giving Tena two. Maybe more, if things go really really well.

True, she is not a big star ;)

What I meant is, that they gave a lot of the roles to unknown actors. And Tena is , lets say, "well known". And the big stars of the series all got killed off already, but they hat major roles in the first series. Having Tena just for a few scenes in Season 1&2 seems a bit of a waste to me...

Somehow I expect, that something still has to come from Osha.

I don't know, that whole Osha-buisness seems weird to me :D

In the books, she is an old woman, in the series she is young. And I guess they made her young on purpose, I don't think Tena got the role "accidentaly", I mean they must have asked for younger actresses, or not? They give out short descriptions of the role to the agents, and why would Tena go to a casting for a role thats described as an old woman?

So why making Osha a young woman...? Maybe you're right and she has to take Bran to the Wall, a younger woman would be more convincing carrying him all that way. But then, why introduce Hodor at all...

Ah well, I could go on and on guessing ^^

I wish I could read the TV-Peoples minds :D SOOO many quenstions

In the books, she is an old woman, in the series she is young.

Sorry, she is not an old woman in the book. I don't think her age was given but I think its suggested she was more 30s than 20s. She was tall and lean. So while she was taking a chance by going in for the role, she wasn't totally off the wall. For TV, changes like these are normal enough. 2 seasons was a nice bit of work for an actress but she is also a musician, so she'll have plenty other things to do.

Osha will have a good few scenes in S2 either way but because of Rickon I don't think she'll be going with Bran north. I could be wrong of course.

Not enough of you are worrying about who is gonna play Davos Seaworth--the poor man's Ned Stark. Who would be the poor man's Sean Bean?

So true, couldn't agree more. Still wondering who's going to play the onion knight, he's one of my favourites. :)

Henry Ian Cusick: DESMOND from LOST

You wouldn't believe it, but I thought of him as well. I really like Henry Ian Cusick and it would be amazing to see him in the TV Series.

-------------------

I know that the casting is not up to me, but I hope it's okay to make a 'wishing list.'

Since we have our Margarey Tyrell, I would love to see Jean Marsh or Eileen Atkins as the 'Queen of Thorns'.

As for Asha, maybe Talulah Riley?

Stannis, it's not that easy to pick one, but Christopher Eccleston would be a good choice. What about Matthew Macfadyen?

Melisandre, I would pick Tabrett Bethell, she's got that villian vibe. B)

As for Brienne, I have no clue and I'm a bit anxious about it. Don't get me wrong, she's my favourite female character in the series, but to find an actress, who fits the role is going to be a challenge. I hope the producers pick someone, who do justice to the wonderfull Maid of Tarth. :)

Archived