Season 2 Casting News Soon

Westeros

If the Reeds are cut from the series it would say a lot about their future in the series, would it not? I would think that if David and Dan decide to cut the Reeds entirely from the show and use Osha as their replacement it would suggest to me that their storyline is rather insignificant and any information that Howland Reed may have fulfilled will not be pertinent to the overall story. Quite frankly I think that Meera and Jojen will be very significant to Bran's story in ways that Osha just could not be. We have already seen that they hold information about mysterious things that Osha just would not have the knowledge of. Honestly, I think it would be nearly impossible to cut the Reeds entirely, they could perhaps combine them into one character, but eliminating them entirely would change my understanding of Bran's upcoming storyline and the relevance of the information that Howland holds.

Also it would then be a much larger problem when it came time for Rickon and Bran to split.

If the Reeds are cut from the series it would say a lot about their future in the series, would it not? I would think that if David and Dan decide to cut the Reeds entirely from the show and use Osha as their replacement it would suggest to me that their storyline is rather insignificant and any information that Howland Reed may have fulfilled will not be pertinent to the overall story. Quite frankly I think that Meera and Jojen will be very significant to Bran's story in ways that Osha just could not be. We have already seen that they hold information about mysterious things that Osha just would not have the knowledge of. Honestly, I think it would be nearly impossible to cut the Reeds entirely, they could perhaps combine them into one character, but eliminating them entirely would change my understanding of Bran's upcoming storyline and the relevance of the information that Howland holds.

Also it would then be a much larger problem when it came time for Rickon and Bran to split.

Well, the split is not that hard. Rickon could go with some surviving member of winterfell household or even with Maester Luwin.

I hope they keep both characters. They are interesting and its just two characters.

Thanks to all for the thoughts. I see both as irreplaceable. Hard to see how Bran's story line could make any sense without Jojen's Greensight telling Bran to head north and look for bird with three eyes. Also, Meera is a cool character in general. Great roles for two hot new actor/esses.

Rob

Now that Natalie Dormer is spoken for, I'm very curious who they pick as Melissandre. Somehow I hope it will be an unknown who will surprise us all.

Would love Rufus Sewell to become part of the series, and I hope they get an old veteran to play Maester Cressen.

I think one of the main reasons for the lack of casting seculation is that they will likely be played by unknowns due to how young they are.

Fair point. Very difficult to see the story without at least 1 of the Reeds. As others have said, Osha doesn't seem to know enough to replace the Reeds.

Knowns or unknowns... Doesn't really matter. In Nina Gold I trust. HBO didn't fail us with the first season, I bet they won't disappoint us with the second.

That said, I guess there will be at least one big name for one of the major roles, but even if they go for other Emilia Clarkes (to name just one of the discoveries of Thrones) it'll be thrilling to see how they portray the characters we love/hate on screen.

While reading the books, I saw Cressen as like a Peter O'Toole. I also saw Peter O'Toole as Hoster Tully, though. Every old guy in the books was Peter O'Toole.

That would be lovely.

He played the pope in the Tudors as well to great acclaim.

How about Christopher Eccleston as Stannis? He played Doctor Who, Destro(!), but it's his role in Elizabeth that got me thinking of him, as he's almost bald in it. I could have sworn he was on The Tudors as well, but I must be conflating that and Elizabeth.

He's got the chops - doesn't look much like Mark Addy, though. But then, Cersei & Jaime don't exactly look like siblings.

How about Christopher Eccleston as Stannis? He played Doctor Who, Destro(!), but it's his role in Elizabeth that got me thinking of him, as he's almost bald in it. I could have sworn he was on The Tudors as well, but I must be conflating that and Elizabeth.

He's got the chops - doesn't look much like Mark Addy, though. But then, Cersei & Jaime don't exactly look like siblings.

Eccleston was my personal favorite for the role, and his name has been discussed at length. However, it looks like he will have a scheduling conflict per one of the Stannis threads.

We'll note that the rumor is entirely unsourced. One site says they heard the rumor, and then a bunch of other sites report there's this rumor all based on that one site.

We'll note that the rumor is entirely unsourced. One site says they heard the rumor, and then a bunch of other sites report there's this rumor all based on that one site.

Haven't you heard? That is how journalism works these days... :cool4:

Archived