Goodkind L (That's 50)

Myshkin

You seem to be under the impression that all we have been doing for the last five years has been making fun of Goodkind. Believe me I have been doing much more with my time. I, for one, have been drinking lots of booze and hating many other people.

So, do we have any idea what Terry's grand theme for this story is? What sort of objectivist parable he's working at here?

Personally, I think that the Omen Machine and people's fear of prophecy might be some kind of metaphor for what he sees as the fear mongering over climate change or some bullcrap like that. Maybe PROPHECY represents his hatred of chicken soup, I dunno, I was bored at work.

I haven't read the book (don't have the spare capital to purchase it...feeding and clothing the kids comes first), but I would suppose it has to do with any prophecy of doom, but it religious in nature or quasi-religious (e.g., CAGW, "The One", etc.)

Oh, and in case you all are interested, I can give you my opinions about Goodkind's books. Well, whether or not you're interested, I'm gonna share. Sue me.

I enjoyed the first one very much. The second was good. I didn't enjoy 3-4 as much, with quite a bit that I could have done without. 5 was better. 6 was a good screed on personal responsibility, but not good as a fantasy novel. 7-on were simply ok (at best).

Most of the endings felt rushed. Long scholarly speeches aren't going to convince the "peasants" to overturn their entire way of life. There are various plot holes, plot devices, knowledge miraculously gained or guessed at with 100% accuracy, and other things that annoy me. Kind of the way I got annoyed at Dan Brown's characters in The DaVinci Code, the way they found a clue, leaped at the surface interpretation as the meaning, found a deeper meaning, then a deeper meaning, which finally led them to the next clue, where they leaped at the surface interpretation as the meaning...

I by no means consider Goodkind the ultimate author.

You seem to be under the impression that all we have been doing for the last five years has been making fun of Goodkind. Believe me I have been doing much more with my time. I, for one, have been drinking lots of booze and hating many other people.

It goes in spurts, based when new material comes out for you to deride. I understand that, I just don't understand the desire to read an author one doesn't like...even to mock him.

Have fun killing brain cells (s'okay, stem cells actually do replace them anyhow). I tend to drink in moderation, but I'm sure I've knocked off a bit of my own grey matter.

Good lord, are you still here? I know, why don't I start going into the basketball threads and saying things like "I just don't understand why you watch that pointless sport. Some of us have much better things to do with our time"? And then repeat it over and over for several hours, pretending that I'm trying to have a serious conversation rather than just being deliberately obnoxious. What? It was just a question!

Don't your children need feeding or something?

Good lord, are you still here?

Clearly.

I know, why don't I start going into the basketball threads and saying things like "I just don't understand why you watch that pointless sport. Some of us have much better things to do with our time"? And then repeat it over and over for several hours, pretending that I'm trying to have a serious conversation rather than just being deliberately obnoxious.

If that's what you want to do to have fun, go for it. I occasionally like engaging with people who have a different opinion than I about a topic.

What? It was just a question!

So it was.

Don't your children need feeding or something?

My wife is handling that. Actually, they probably already ate and are at the beach. I have to create a PDF from these images and then shoot it out to a bunch of distributors. But Acrobat is being a pain, so while the repair script runs I have a few minutes to waste.

In the meantime, shall we discuss how I can only be a killjoy if you let me?

is there any good summary of goodkind's sword of truth series?any link?

i think i am missing lot of jabs and witty posts, i only read the first book and don't plan to read rest of them.

i tried to google it but no fruitful results.

i remember inchoatus did some nice reviews, shame that they are not active anymore.

I can't believe you'd come over here and troll us Khel. Not that I have anything against trolling, as you well know.

is there any good summary of goodkind's sword of truth series?any link?

i think i am missing lot of jabs and witty posts, i only read the first book and don't plan to read rest of them.

i tried to google it but no fruitful results.

i remember inchoatus did some nice reviews, shame that they are not active anymore.

Here you go.

I can't believe you'd come over here and troll us Khel.

I'm just hazzarding a guess here but It's probably more of a case of him having nowhere else to go now that goodomens has decided his recruit mission takes priority over fixing the tg fan forums.

Kheldar, still here? I feel bad, with us keeping you from doing all those important thing you might be doing with the time you're spending here, replying on every comment we make about you...think of all the 'better things' you can do with that time! Like helping your wife with the kids and spending time with them. :)

And sent me two signed copies of The Omen Machine. Even though I'm very mean to him (PS, if all you other authors on this board want to send me free books to be mean to, I'm totally cool with that.)

I must try this. If I start mocking Abercrombie now maybe I can work a signed copt of A Red Country.

Oh, and it is not the same people on the thread for five years, its the same people and some new ones.

Archived