Cricket XII

Daeric

This is all a bit predictable - India making no inroads with the ball and England looking utterly untroubled.

It's like they're playing on different pitches all the time. Whenever India batting it seems like a minefield, and whenever England bat it seems the pitch is dead and lifeless. One assumes it has to do with the quality of the bowling. Kumar bowled tidily without ever really causing too much trouble, but there's no one in that Indian bowling attack who seems to have the energy to fire up. They need someone who can bowl with some pace and summon an intense spell even if it's only for four or five overs, but it's all a bit lethargic at the moment.

England well on their way with only 67 more runs to get for parity. At this rate, the openers will wipe it off with no more wickets lost, and England will probably only have to bat once in this Test. The only thing that might introduce some unpredictability into this contest at the moment seems like rain.

Yeah, not great cricket from a neutral's perspective. Dravid and Kumar were superb in the first two tests but they can't be expected to carry India on their own. I'm hoping that the Australia v SL test series will deliver a good contest after the disappointment of India's tour, but the limited overs games played so far haven't exactly foreshadowed competitive cricket :ohwell:.

Strauss misses out on his century, but it doesn't seem like this is going to change much.

Bell in at No. 3 - with Trott out this is his chance to cement a higher spot in the order.

Strauss misses out on his century, but it doesn't seem like this is going to change much.

Bell in at No. 3 - with Trott out this is his chance to cement a higher spot in the order.

I doubt what ever his performance is he'll be able to get higher then 5, Trotts performed too consistently at 3 to be budged when he comes back and Pieterson has managed to lay claim to 4.

Poor old Strauss, bowled off a no ball the umpire didn't spot.

It was a poor shot either way though.

The number of no balls Mishra is bowling is a bit bizarre. I can't remember seeing a spinner have this much difficulty before.

At this rate England are gonna make a thousand runs. We need the UN to come in and stop this slaughter.

The commentators made a comparison between India's performance in the Test being more like what we would expect from Bangladesh, and I think at times today that comparison would have been a bit harsh on Bangladesh.

The commentators made a comparison between India's performance in the Test being more like what we would expect from Bangladesh, and I think at times today that comparison would have been a bit harsh on Bangladesh.

I think it was Vaughn yesterday on TMS (Or Boycott) that if this was Bangladesh playing like this we would we question if they are really fit to be a test nation.

You guys are underselling England a bit.

Even if the bowling is average, the batting team still has to do the job. This England lineup did the same thing to our attack down here over the summer so I think they deserve a fair slice of credit.

And yes I did actually say that.

You guys are underselling England a bit.

Even if the bowling is average, the batting team still has to do the job. This England lineup did the same thing to our attack down here over the summer so I think they deserve a fair slice of credit.

And yes I did actually say that.

*Resists temptation to say anything about the Aussie attack*

:wideeyed:

They're worse than Pakistan were too, and Pakistan were throwing the games!

Archived