Survivor: South Pacific

pat5150

I'm hoping the Upolu's alliance will splinter sooner than later. Otherwise, it will only be a question of whether or not Ozzy can repeat the Cook Islands and win enough immunity challenges in a row to get to the final 3. . .

Patrick

I started watching All-Stars...

Good god, I hadn't realized how much the game has been toned down. They're in some brutal challenges, and I haven't seen any this challenging in years.

I'd forgotten how great Hatch was. The guy bit a damn shark!

Oz handled the whole Coch-block pretty well, all said. He's definitely embraced his inner zen. Jim, OTOH, looks like he wants to strangle Cochran and mutilate the body. I don't like him. :angry:

Wow - Sophie turned into Monkey Girl! Too bad she got sick on the coconut water.

Jim is a pissy-pants, isn't he? The guy seems to have anger management issues.

ETA: This episode is like Love Connection. First Coach gets to have a girl sandwich, now Cochran and Brandon are doing some man-snuggling.

:love: is in teh air.

Brandon seems to feel an affinity for another short guy. He must have been picked on as a youngster, methinks. It's amusing to consider what Cochran must be thinking while being cozy-ed up to.

"You DISGUST ME!" :lol: She does know she's on Survivor, right? What's disgusting is that she suddenly realized her team was going to be decimated.

Also, looks like Albert's about to make his move. This is where it gets interesting - where the team boundary lines start to break down.

Yeah, but Albert just might be too late. He needed Sophie's support, as well as that of the rest of the Savaii tribe's. With Ozzy and Jim gone, both Albert and Sophie might find themselves going to RI sooner than they believed...

Patrick

I started watching All-Stars...

Good god, I hadn't realized how much the game has been toned down. They're in some brutal challenges, and I haven't seen any this challenging in years.

I'd forgotten how great Hatch was. The guy bit a damn shark!

Hah! I just started rewatching it, as well. The challenges are pretty brutal, that's for sure. Especially at the beginning when no one had any water except for Rudy.

The funniest line so far is when Sue justifies drinking the water straight from the well, by saying that she lived in Canada for six years. Uh, what?

To those people who were drawn to Survivor late, you have no idea how the game has been toned down. Australia and Africa were brutal in terms of conditions and challenges. Of course, now that they recruit out-of-work models and actors, things need to be a bit easier. Fucking pussy non-physical and puzzle challenges. . .

Meanwhile, I've fallen in love with the French adaptation of Survivor, called Koh-Lanta, where everything is based on performance and merit. It's like watching a totally different show. And they don't get pampered there, let me tell you! One tribe just broke the record by going 11 days without fire and rice. They had to rely on coconuts and raw crabs. :ack: As a result, the latest castaway to get voted out on Day 24 (of 40) had lost 40 pounds!

But yeah, All-Stars was the shit. I have the DVD boxset and I should rewatch it. . . :)

Patrick

Yeah, comparing what they used to do to for the challenges and what they did tonight really highlighted it. I like a variety actually, to highlight the strengths of different people, otherwise it just becomes a no-brainer of keep the muscle (young athletic men). But yeah, I like to see a good challenge that just wipes people out and you get to see who is really giving it their all and who doesn't have the heart. I just re-watched Palau (Tom Westman, winner) and god damn there were some worthless people on the Ulong tribe. They theoretically had the strength, but they just didn't have the will, save Bobby John and Steph.

Hah! I just started rewatching it, as well. The challenges are pretty brutal, that's for sure. Especially at the beginning when no one had any water except for Rudy.

The funniest line so far is when Sue justifies drinking the water straight from the well, by saying that she lived in Canada for six years. Uh, what?

Well, it IS full of whisky, citrus, and violence, right?

Yeah, the namby-pamby challenges have gotta go.

Whose jacket was Cochrane wearing last night? It was like he was in high school and was dating a varsity football player, so had to sport the jacket to show everyone where his heart belonged.

And (I think it was) Jim had it right: Cochrane is playing the most brilliant 3rd place game of all time.

Whose jacket was Cochrane wearing last night? It was like he was in high school and was dating a varsity football player, so had to sport the jacket to show everyone where his heart belonged.

And (I think it was) Jim had it right: Cochrane is playing the most brilliant 3rd place game of all time.

Cochran was wearing Coach's dragon slayer jacket.

Pretty predictable episode. I thought Ozzy actually had some class with his dealings with Cochran and accepting his fate but then apparently he wrote something on the voting card that got blurcled out (my guess is Cocksucker). Jim is just a hypocritical tool. I enjoyed his point about Cochran being the only one to flip on an alliance in the game when in fact, Jim actually flipped a few weeks earlier to get out Elyse. But bitter douchebags will be bitter douchebags.

Cochran was wearing Coach's dragon slayer jacket.

Pretty predictable episode. I thought Ozzy actually had some class with his dealings with Cochran and accepting his fate but then apparently he wrote something on the voting card that got blurcled out (my guess is Cocksucker). Jim is just a hypocritical tool. I enjoyed his point about Cochran being the only one to flip on an alliance in the game when in fact, Jim actually flipped a few weeks earlier to get out Elyse. But bitter douchebags will be bitter douchebags.

I loved his little speech, but it was pretty clearly manipulative. "We played like Warriors (looks to Coach) and with Honor (looks to Coach) and we slayed dragons (looks to Coach)" It's pretty clear that Coach isn't as easy to manipulate as they thought going into this thing.

Coach has his eyes on the million, which is basically his to lose. No way he's going to step off the path that makes him a Survivor winner.

Soooo glad they started doing these double-elimination episodes.

If I were Albert, I'd get Sophie on board, then Dawn and Whitney. I'd then go dig up the immunity idol - I think Albert, Brandon and Coach know where it's hidden. I'd take it to Cochran and say, "vote for Coach/Edna/Rick/Brandon tonight or it will be you going to Redemption to spend the night with (whoever wins the duel or all three guys you backstabbed - if the duel doesn't happen)."

It has to be obvious that Coach has three goats sitting next to him, four if you count Rick - who has maybe spoken two sentences all season. Coach is playing to win, not to take the three most deserving to the end. That means honor be damned if you want a chance at sitting in the final tribal. You might not win, but the way things are going, you're all but guaranteed to be the first out when all the Savaii are gone.

Archived