[TWoW Spoilers] Arianne I

KSC

Anyone else think Arianne will look at "Aegon," realize he has no Dornish blood, but decide to back him anyway?

Pretty much but for totally physical reasons, and the fact that Arianne is a power-hungry little hussy....Please tell me that ANYONE else can see how painfully wrong this whole introduction could go for the Connington/Aegon war effort?

I have no love for Arianne, but I don't need to be psychic to predict what will happen when one attractive 16 yr old with royal blood and an impulsive streak gets together with another 16yr old who sees that attractiveness and is determined to get her "seduce" on.

Ugh. She's nothing but a distraction, and one that could prove fatal. Does this battle really need a cheerleader in the form of Arianne? If she ends up costing them the battle, my hate for her will be firmly cemented LOL Plus I totally want to see some Tyrells take a dirt nap. Bunch of trumped up up-starts.

The only reason i can see Mace not joining Aegon if Aegon gets the Martell support which we all assume he will is because many of his lords will be demoted and so he will lose power in the long run.I could see Mace going over to Aegon easily.Unless hes a complete fool and doesnt listen to his mummy :D

Kevan Lannister says their army is "fast melting away" in the riverlands; I put that down to desertion rather than deaths in combat. The siege of Raventree Hall was left to Jonos Bracken, so what has the Lannister host had to do since the fall of Riverrun?

IIRC the text said that part of the Lannister army was disbanded so the mustered men could return to their fields and crops (way too late probably anyway). So, no desertions, the Lannisters seem to be "winding down" a bit prematurely.

They also did suffer heavy losses in the battle of the camps, when the siege of Riverrun was broken, and presumably at Oxcross as well (where the army was scattered). In addition, the more succesful main body was involved in many battles: the first battle against Roose Bolton, then the attempt to cross the fords (twarted by Edmure), then the Blackwater, and some of those were involved in the attack on Dragonstone as well.

The Lannisters can still mobilise a powerful army but they will need some time to do so, and regain organisation. Damion (castellan of Casterly Rock) and Daven (warden of the west) can probably do so if given some time, but if Aegon moves fast they could be too late to help the Tyrell forces.

Pretty much but for totally physical reasons, and the fact that Arianne is a power-hungry little hussy....Please tell me that ANYONE else can see how painfully wrong this whole introduction could go for the Connington/Aegon war effort?

I have no love for Arianne, but I don't need to be psychic to predict what will happen when one attractive 16 yr old with royal blood and an impulsive streak gets together with another 16yr old who sees that attractiveness and is determined to get her "seduce" on.

Ugh. She's nothing but a distraction, and one that could prove fatal. Does this battle really need a cheerleader in the form of Arianne? If she ends up costing them the battle, my hate for her will be firmly cemented LOL Plus I totally want to see some Tyrells take a dirt nap. Bunch of trumped up up-starts.

Arianne's 16? I always thought she was 2o-ish.

So am I the only one who thinks Aegon VI is way to obvious to by the mummer's dragon? It seems perfectly plausible that Varys was able to sneak him out of KL, what with his knowledge of the Red Keep and the fact that Elia was probably desperate to get at least one of her kids out of there since they were basically being held prisoner by the Mad King as insurance to keep Dorne in line (for all the good that did). Anyway, seems to me like Euron, or Victarion, or Stannis, or maybe even Jon could be all be a suprise mummer's dragon (and I apologize if that's been brought up, I skipped a few pages of this forum); or maybe I just really want Aegon VI to sweep in, kick ass, and hold off the Others in the South until Dany saunters her way back to Westeros. Plus "mummer" may not literally mean fake, just controlled by a mummer (Varys), and I know that's been tossed about several times.

I think there's going to be a very poignant revelation about Aegon. I think GRRM will be showing him as a succesful character, and a character many of us will like, someone who doesn't himself know that he isn't Rhaegar's son. At some point it will be revealed, even to him, that he is actually not Aegon. This is going to be powerful I expect.

Remember, GRRM says ADWD is a lot about identity, what makes people who they are, their blood, their memories, or their upbringing?

I think there's going to be a very poignant revelation about Aegon. I think GRRM will be showing him as a succesful character, and a character many of us will like, someone who doesn't himself know that he isn't Rhaegar's son. At some point it will be revealed, even to him, that he is actually not Aegon. This is going to be powerful I expect.

I've been thinking that, too, but on the other hand so far he's come across as more of a spoiled brat than anyone you'd want to cheer for.;)

...so it looks like GRRM read the same Arianne chapter at the Bubonicon, from what I've seen online?

Any new info on this chapter Alexia? Where did you find this online?

Trebla posted a couple of days ago in the BwB forum to say he was very busy, so he hasn't been able to post his notes yet.

Any new info on this chapter Alexia? Where did you find this online?

Trebla posted a couple of days ago in the BwB forum to say he was very busy, so he hasn't been able to post his notes yet.

I just saw a Twitter post at the Bubonicon by the artist who did the calendar saying that he was listening to GRRM read an Arianne chapter at the con... but I know GRRM wrote two Arianne chapters, so... ?

I hope we get a sample chapter (preferably not again the same Arianne chapter) in the paperback/pocked release.

It probably will be the Arianne chapter, or a Sansa chapter. I'm very interested to get my hands on this chapter, it sounds excellent. I sort of wish that GRRM had decided to keep it in 'Dance'.

Its strange though, after 'Dance', I feel that GRRM has limited the number of viewpoints that he can read chapters from in the run up to TWOW without giving too much away. I mean giving us a Brienne/Jaime, Jon/Melisandre, Anyone in Meereen, Theon/Asha, Cersei - would answer major questions for the next book.

That leaves: Bran, Sam, Arya, Sansa and Arianne as potential spoiler chapters.

I am still rooting for Sansa. Bran appeared in ADWD, and we saw Arianne through Hotah's eyes in ADWD and then her own in the spoiler reading. OTOH, we've had no news of Sansa, LF, and the Vale since AFFC.

Archived