What Movie Did You Watch Recently?

SillentRegrets

Just re-watched 'Batman Begins'. Truly excellent film. Viewing Gotham through Nolan's lens makes me ponder how it should be done, in perspective of the comics, and taking into consideration how it has been done before (by Burton), I think Christopher got it about as right as possible. Top director.

"You Kill Me", a rather minor, but hilarious in the darkest possible way, comedy-crime film from a couple years back starring Ben Kingsley as an alcoholic Polish hitman from Buffalo (hooray, college-town shoutout!) who winds in San Francisco due to events that occur in the first few minutes. Its sort of like a much darker version of "Get Shorty", the difference being that the main character has absolutely no interest in giving up his former ways, and neither do the new people he meets. I'm honestly a little surprised that I missed this the first time out since it is good and has a supporting cast I quite like (Tea Leoni, Bill Pulman, Luke Wilson, Dennis Farina, Philip Baker Hall)

I watched a Polish film Listy do M. (

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1927077/

) last week. It is warm, funny, but also sad on occasions. A perfect Christmas movie. I recommend. Although I am not sure I should be recommending such a film here ... :leaving:

Edit: I am useless at posting links.

Just saw another recent movie that I'm sure how I missed the first time around, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. It's a horror-comedy (mostly comedy) film starring Alan Tudyk and the guy who played Sock in the show Reaper as two hillbillies in West Virginia whose trip to their vacation home is terrorized by a group of college kids out camping in the woods. It's kind of a one joke premise but its short enough to not outstay its welcome and it is funny; though a little gross in parts.

Watched loads of movies over xmas. Got a new HD tv and Sky HD, blown away with the picture quality, I am usual pretty cycnical about those sort of things, but there is a huge difference.

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. One of my all time favourite films, still awesome 25 years after I first watched it.

The Decsent. I thought it was great, loved the way it built up tension, then went berserk for the last 30 mins or so.

The Long riders. Again a film I saw years ago, about the Jesse James gang. Was interesting because they used real brothers, to potray all the brothers in the gang. Great final gun fight, up there with the opening gunfight in the Wild Bunch imho.

Conan the barbarian. First 20 mins were okay. The rest I found very poor, just felt unconvinced with the sword fights, the love interest and the set pieces. Say what you like about the orginal, but for all its faults it did have some epic moments.

Paul. I enjoyed it, more than I expected to. Though I do have a huge tolerance to Anal probe jokes

My father should win some kind of award for having the most objectively horrible taste in movies ever. This is a man who used to go to the video store, spend 40 minutes reading VHS boxes, and then come home with The Best Chest in the West.

This Christmas I gifted him with a subscription to Netflix streaming. Here's the logic: he enjoyed the movie 2012, he begins browsing movies alphabetically, he queues up everything with the number '2012' in the title.

This resulted in 2012 Ice Age. Basically, it involved people running for their lives from a glacier traveling 200mph. You have to take it seriously. Snorts, eyerolls and the shaking shoulders of suppressed laughter will be noticed and commented on.

The same logic brings us Twister Alley.

Sometimes you just have to wonder about genetics.

Last night got wasted and me and my friends watched Ip Man, it was a kick ass martial arts movie based on the life of Yip Man. Yip Man is the man who taught Bruce Lee, so definitely worth a watch if you love some good martial art fighting in your movies.

Just saw another recent movie that I'm sure how I missed the first time around, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. It's a horror-comedy (mostly comedy) film starring Alan Tudyk and the guy who played Sock in the show Reaper as two hillbillies in West Virginia whose trip to their vacation home is terrorized by a group of college kids out camping in the woods. It's kind of a one joke premise but its short enough to not outstay its welcome and it is funny; though a little gross in parts.

That movie was such a pleasant surprise. Adorable.

I saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo earlier this week. Excellent film, though certain parts were a bit disturbing. Quite a few people walked out of the theater actually. It made me want to either get the books or the original films to find out what happens next. So I'll probably look into that fairly soon.

I also saw Mission Impossible 4 a couple of nights before that. It wasn't terrible, Simon Pegg is pretty funny in it (He's funny in anything though). Glad I didn't pay to get in though :P

I saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo earlier this week. Excellent film, though certain parts were a bit disturbing. Quite a few people walked out of the theater actually. It made me want to either get the books or the original films to find out what happens next. So I'll probably look into that fairly soon.

:P

the other 2 swedish movies where made for tv and are very bad... if u wana no what happens Legit, you will have to read it...

i saw hugo and it was really good. long but visually stunning. oscar nod there.

Was watching Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring the other day with my friends. We decided to play a drinking game when anyone said ring. I gave up during Bilbo's party. The say ring a hell of a lot, my friend got through 6 pints, he he.

And it just reminded me how much I love the film

Just watched The Faculty which was an enjoyable Breakfast Club meets Alien Invasion! mashup from the late 90's. Enjoyably good, but not great.

Wow, I used to love that movie when I was a kid and completely forgot about it until now. Might have to rent it now :P

the other 2 swedish movies where made for tv and are very bad... if u wana no what happens Legit, you will have to read it...

i saw hugo and it was really good. long but visually stunning. oscar nod there.

I see...I didn't know the sequels were TV movies. Books it is then :P

Archived