What Movie Did You Watch Recently?

SillentRegrets

Mission Impossible, Ghost Protocol. Better than any other in the series, and had some truly funny moments. Good flick overall. Forgettable, but i enjoyed it while i was there.

I saw this last night in IMAX.

Yeah the story was just okay but the effects were awe-inspiring. Especially when you know that Cruise actually did those crazy ass stunts himself. My GOD those Burj Khalifa shots were incredible and horrifying!!! :stillsick: :eek:

Also enjoyed the characters a lot more in this one, easily the best of the series.

Definitely not forgettable IMO.

Ong Bak 2. Pretty confusing film story-wise, as it was told in fragments and jumped back and forth, between past and present, and some of the baddies looked the same. More than one occasion of, 'Isn't he dead?!' But that isn't why I picked it up. Visually, it's a marvellous film and Tony Jaa is on stellar action form, again. I am loking forward to viewing the sequel.

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil - I have been waiting to see this movie for a couple years now, ever since I saw a trailer for it. Finally watched it the other night with some friends. Hilarious movie. I went in with high expectations and it surpassed them, but then again, I love Alan Tudyk and this sort of movie (in the same vein as Shaun of the Dead).

Banraku - Kind of like a live action Afro Samurai, except all the black people are evil. Kind of like Lucky # Slevin, too. Perhaps Josh Hartnett and Ron Perlman are getting a bit typecast here? But, what the hell. I enjoyed both of those movies and I enjoyed Banraku, too.

Sherlock Holmes: Subtitle Instead of a Number Two - I really enjoyed the first movie, but it has been a while since I last saw it and am not sure where to place the second one. I liked the sequel well enough. Thought it was a pretty good flick, a lot of fun and plenty humorous, but for some reason I can't seem to think of it as being as good as the first. Perhaps because of the amount of explosions or the quick offing toward the beginning.

Also just saw Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows at the cinemas. I'm impressed, I like it quite a bit more than the first one, which wasn't bad, but that left me with much more ambiguous feelings. There are reasons for this that I think I can pinpoint. For one, there is no more romance between Sherlock and Irene Adler, this didn't work in the first one IMO. Second, Jared Harris made for a fantastic Moriarty. Stephen Fry as Mycroft was a small role, but more than the first film had, and none of the first film's missing characters were missed here. Finally, it's just a more engaging storyline all around. The final scene at Reichenbach Falls was worth it. I'm still bemused at the strange choice of Downey as Sherlock, even in a modern revamp sort of way, but outside of that, this was a well-made piece, with very little that I disliked.

8 out 10 stars.

I'm currently watching feardotcom

What a clusterfuck of suck

It's kinda like The Ring, but totally stupid. Yeah. Don't think about that too long. Also, don't watch this movie.

ETA: Cradle of Filth made a better version of this story. If you can believe that.

Fright Night, the remake. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I was going to. I had never seen Colin Farrell in anything, so I was able to be neutral about him. I liked Anton Yelchin, from what little I saw of him in the Star Trek remake. And since I cannot look at David Tennant without thinking of Doctor Who, his role was even funnier. His "assistant" was funny, in some cases, more so. A good Friday night no-brainer, in my opinion.

Fright Night, the remake. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I was going to. I had never seen Colin Farrell in anything, so I was able to be neutral about him. I liked Anton Yelchin, from what little I saw of him in the Star Trek remake. And since I cannot look at David Tennant without thinking of Doctor Who, his role was even funnier. His "assistant" was funny, in some cases, more so. A good Friday night no-brainer, in my opinion.

Alexander is colin farrel"s best. watch that

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Enjoyed it, but somehow I liked the first film more. Even though Moriarty was awesome and I also like Rapace (although her role was somewhat goofy). Maybe because the whole action-style re-imagination with homo-erotic understones was fresh?

I watched The Hangover: Part II the other day, and that movie was fucking terrible. I really enjoyed the first one, but this was just a carbon copy of it (pretty much the same, just much shittier quality). And the ladyboy scene... they could have made that funny, but it was just gross and wrong.

That means you've never seen In Bruges. :o

In Bruges is the shit! I love that movie. Ondine was a good movie too.

I saw Mission Impossible : Ghost Protocol earlier today. I thought it was an entertaining movie, although other than the Dubai action scenes I think it could end up being a bit forgettable. It had a fairly bland villian, I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman was better in MI3, and the supporting characters were also a bit weak (although Simon Pegg provided some decent comic relief) - it seemed to be a bit of a waste of Jeremy Renner.

On TV, I watched Defiance yesterday. It's got a great background story and I think it's good that the film has brought a bit attention to this bit of WW2 history. However, I think the film-making felt a bit perfunctory and didn't really do the story justice. The directing was fairly mediocre and although some of the characterisation was decent (I think it was good that it showed a lot of flaws of the Bielski brothers as well as their undeniable heroic actions) the supporting characters often felt a bit cliched and I thought the acting was a bit mediocre much of the time. Daniel Craig was a bit disappointing in the lead role.

Archived