What Movie Did You Watch Recently?

SillentRegrets

Bad Boy Bubby. I have 15 minutes left or so, but I've never struggled to sit through one so much. Watching it on Netflix, so I end up pausing every 10 minutes or so, and turning to something else for a bit. It's a really strange one.

Weird Science is my latest watch...In terms of latest movies released,i think...X-men first class i guess? haven't really watched many movies in theater with friends last year,cause i just joined college in 2011 and don't really know anyone,also after transformers 3,smurfs and other shit being released in India,ull understand my hesitation .But im definetly gonna watch Hobbit and batman in the theater!!!

P.S. anyone wanting to know about weird science...not one of hughes better works :(

YES for Memories of Murder!

Recently watched : El secreto des sus ojos (/The secret in their eyes), which won the best foreign language oscar 2 years ago.

Well, that's a good one. Romantic and chilling, brilliantly acted and I've been coming back to thinking about it a lot since I saw it 4 days ago.

Also watched most of "The Outlaw Josey Whales" while laying around on the couch the other day. Can't believe I never watched all of this. Seems to have aged very well and I enjoyed it a lot. It still had some ridiculous gunfight scenes but I thought the themes were well done and Clint kicks ass.

I think alot of the Clint Eastwood westerns have aged pretty well (probably not 2 mules for sister Sarah). I watched High plains Drifter a few weeks ago and it was still pretty good.

When compared to some of John Waynes westerns, the Clint ones real stood the test of time imho. His Dirty Harry films not so much

Just watched A single man by Tom Ford, with Colin Firth. Excellent film, just very atmospheric and tragic. Great soundtrack as well. Between this and The King's Speech, 2010 was a banner year for Firth.

And watched Drive two weeks ago, I posted in the appropriate thread. Nothing but praise for that one as well.

Just watched the Korean movie Mother. Really enjoyed it, though not as much as Memories of Murder, which had the same director. Very darkly comical with some really suspenseful moments sprinkled in. Also has a strong ending, and it's very good as a murder mystery.

Watched the French film Tell No One. Meh, I wasn't too impressed, and am surprised at all the rave reviews it got. The whole plot felt really convoluted, and the twists and reveals at the end had no impact on me at all.

Finally, I watched the 2001 film Bully with Brad Renfro. I actually liked this one a lot, though at times I felt the director was being too voyeuristic with some of the shots. It's based on a true story and the movie felt very realistic in capturing the aimlessness of these teenagers.

Apollo 18. Not what I was expecting, I expected a full budget film (only $5million spent) not a film shot like "Cloverfield" for example. Entertaining all the same though. I would say, give it a go.

Easy A. Absolutely fantastic. Emma Stone is a gem and her quirky family interactions reminded of Juno. Just great dialogue, and I especially appreciated the John Hughes references/shout out. He and his movies were the soundtrack for my youth.

Just watched Kill List a low budget British movie with a drawn out beginning and a very mysterious ending that I have no desire to figure out. Horror/Drama/Violence, this movie had it all, it was simply missing a cohesive plot that made any sense. Favorite scene? A guy gets interrogated with a hammer and keeps saying "thank you" over and over again with each hit. Pleasant. :dunno:

Watched 'The Grey' last night with a friend. Excellent film, I want to buy the Cinematographer a drink, some of those shots were beautifully done.

Sexy-voice Neeson was exceptional, as always, the writing was solid the acting was above average, and the director got the pace of the film right.

So, good film, I recommend it with the highest praise.

Watched 'The Grey' last night with a friend. Excellent film, I want to buy the Cinematographer a drink, some of those shots were beautifully done.

Sexy-voice Neeson was exceptional, as always, the writing was solid the acting was above average, and the director got the pace of the film right.

So, good film, I recommend it with the highest praise.

Good to know. I was going to go see it anyway. Neeson is always good.

I just saw Real Steel, it wasn't awful but it wasn't what i thought it would be. I was looking forward to it after seeing the trailer and feel it didn't deliver, though i don't hate it i can't see me ever watching it again.

Archived