Season 2 Promo

Westeros

Yeah they definitely won't be changing the name, and it'd be silly if they did since they won't be following the one book per season formant forever anyway. Name and brand recognition is very important for TV, and Game of Thrones is a very fitting and catchy name for the entire series.

I agree. I never understood why fans insisted on purity with this-- "A Song of Ice and Fire" is kind of clunky for a TV show, and it's not like, 5 seasons in, "Game of Thrones" will be any less appropriate than it was for season 1. :dunno:

ASOIAF as a title wouldn't have worked nearly as well for TV. The producers were taking a big risk in bringing a fantasy series to TV in the first place, and ASOIAF would've made it sound too fairy-tale-ish. Plus, it's a bit cryptic for a TV audience that might not be familiar with the backstory, whereas Game of Thrones cuts to the chase and pretty well sums up what the show is about. And if they changed the title each season, i.e. Season 1: Game of Thrones, Season 2: Clash of Kings, etc... it would probably confuse the casual viewer. I can just imagine how many times it would have to be explained to people that Clash of Kings is the same show as Game of Thrones.

Pretty cool.

I want the Rains of Castamere playing in the season 3 promo...

..or "The Bear and the Maiden Fair".

Nah, season 3 has to be 'A Lannister pays his debts.'

Presumably the rest of the world is more mature than me, so the Drowned God's mantra could be pretty effective for season 4, what with all the undead knocking around by then. ("What is dead does not die, but comes back harder and stronger.")

IMO I'd rather have had Mel's voice in this promo.

Stannis doesn't really believe in the whole R'hllorite theology, he just thinks it's a useful tool and he's willing to indulge his wife's cultish ways. If Stannis ever said those words in the books he didn't really say them with any real convistion or feeling.

Nah, season 3 has to be 'A Lannister pays his debts.'

Presumably the rest of the world is more mature than me, so the Drowned God's mantra could be pretty effective for season 4, what with all the undead knocking around by then. ("What is dead does not die, but comes back harder and stronger.")

We all know what season 5's mantra will be:

"Words are Wind."

• 4 weeks later...

HBO usually release a big trailer of all their forthcoming programmes for the coming year in either the last week of December or first week of January, so there'll probably be something more then. We may also see something when Boardwalk Empire Season 2 finishes in a few weeks.

Yes. Boardwalk Empire ends 11th Dec. Doubt we'll see any trailer/teaser before then.

I know HBO is airing a preview of "Luck" the new David Milch Dustin Hoffman show on December 11th after the finale of Boardwalk Empire. I wouldn't be surprised if before or after that preview they aired a new teaser for GoT season 2.

Aw man. These are all so far away. Didn't we have a ton of stills, teasers, and behind the scenes stuff by this time last year? Was that just for the debute season? If feel kind of bad for the folks at winter-is-coming, they have to be running low on things to talk about over there.

Archived