On the R+L=J theory, I am starting to believe it more and more, but I still see one catch to all of that.....Jon would still be a bastard, and have no real place...since R and L were not married.  Now it does set him up to be a consort for Dany, in the tradition of the Targs, but I also question Jon's appearance, since the Targ blood is very strong....giving the silver hair and amethyst eyes, which Jon does not have.

To be a Targ is not a rule the silver hair and amethyst eyes, Prince Baelor, known as Baelor Breakspear , the eldest son of King Daeron II Targaryen,Egg's uncle, had the dark hair of his mother, the princess Dornish. Targ's blood is strong but not stronger.

Bros....I like your thoughts on Victarion...I also agree with him being one of the heads of the dragon.

On the R+L=J theory, I am starting to believe it more and more, but I still see one catch to all of that.....Jon would still be a bastard, and have no real place...since R and L were not married. Now it does set him up to be a consort for Dany, in the tradition of the Targs, but I also question Jon's appearance, since the Targ blood is very strong....giving the silver hair and amethyst eyes, which Jon does not have.

There is a strong theory that they may have in fact gotten married because the Kingsguard were at the tower when they acknowledged that the boy who should have been their king was elsewhere. The theory is that they knew Jon was legit and since Jon was Rhaegar's son, he came before Viserys in the line of succession since his older brother was already "dead" in KL. Though I agree that the bastard angle lets him be a Targ, marry Dany and still have Dany as queen (assuming for a moment that Aegon isn't actually the real Aegon - cause that is a whole different issue to Dany's claim).

As to the features, I don't think it that big a deal. The Targ genes were strong yes, but they were strong in part because they kept marrying each other. Typically the features described as Targaryen are ressessive but if you inbreed a line it will highlight the resessive traits. Rhaegar's daughter however took after her Dornish mother and a couple of the Targs during the Dance of Dragons also had some un-Targ features. So given that the Stark features are dark hair and grey eyes it wouldn't be surprising that they might win out against blonde hair and purple/blue eyes.

Whatever happens, I hope we are finished with Meereen!

I think Jon will die (for a few minutes); just long enough to free him from the NW and their tiresome vows. A few people will take him away- possibly toward Winterfell, or further south.

The NW will be overrun by wildlings and nearly wiped out entirely- except for a few survivors, who will regroup around Jon and the rest of the wildlings.

The Others will break through, and wreak havoc throughout the land.

Everyone important will (finally!) arrive in Westeros.

At least three major characters will die.

Theon will be lord/king of the Iron Island, due to the story we learned of in Asha's first chapter(of the lord who could undo the election at the Kingsmoot because he wasn't present).

Jon will leave the Night's Watch, but won't be lord of Winterfell, Bran will(I hope). Stannis will take the Black, after Mel has figured out that Jon is AA, not Stannis.

Dany and the khalasaar rides east to find lightbringer and Quathe. Tyrion, Barristan and Victarion take controll of the situation in Meereen and start preperations for the voyage west.

Jaime and Brienne takes controll of the BwB and with the help of Jaime's army take down the Twins.

Petyr and Sansa finally make their move and starts north, ultemately teaming up with Mandelys and Rickon/Bran/Jon and Stannis.

The Golden company and the Martells claims the Iron Throne after a bloody battle with the Tyrells.

Hmm.. this would be too good to be true and not the bittersweet ending we all anticipate and hope for

That would be fucking pointless . Why get rid of him when you need him better alive than dead . Plus I think you are just a hater .

haha,not a hater. Just saying most of the people in Stannis Camp hate Theon for what he did at Winterfell. The entire "Sacrifice" chapter in ADWD people were talking about Asha being burnt, it wouldn't surprise me if Stannis killed Theon, especially since he has King Blood in him.

Euron will somehow use krakens to utterly destroy Volantese fleet and shows that no one is going to be able to cross the sea without his leave. Dany will be forced to marry him.

Arya will steal a dragon as a quickest way to go home once she hears someone from her pack needs her help.

Jon survives due some spell including king's blood that was shed.

Bowen March's life is going to be short and unpleasant.

Sansa will die pushing herself and unGregor through the Moon door.

Sandor and Jaime will met.

LF is going to learn, that whatever you do, you don't tell Sansa about it.

Aegon will reach KL.

All surviving Stark children (well, maybe not Bran) and Ned's bones will meet at Winterfell at some point.

- Mace Tyrell will march against the Golden Company in full Tyrell host force and end up soundly defeated; Cersei will use the opportunity to rig the Margeary's trial and have her head chopped off.

- Baby Agon will the enter the King's Landing but his army will bring plague into the city and his reign will be cut short. Enter Deanaerys.

- Sansa will betray Littlefinger. We will fell angry but also somehow proud about that.

Dany and Victarian join up to overthrow the iron throne and Euron since they both need help.

Theon Dies to redeem himself to the north, possibly killing Ramsey Bolton.

Stannis Takes the black

Aegon defeats the Tyrells but possibly dies before Dany can arrive. :(

Cersei gets away with her misdeeds after Gregor smashes whoever is foolish enough to fight him in trial

Jamie joins with Brienne in finding Starks and grows apart from his whore sister.

There's no reason that R & L couldn't have been married, since Targs can take multiple wives. That would make Jon legitimate and would explain why the Kingsguard were defending him instead of going off to guard the king or something else vaguely job-related. Even if they weren't married, Robb's decree comes into effect because if the wording was along the lines of "Jon Snow is no longer a bastard" as opposed to "Jon Snow is the trueborn son of Eddard Stark", then Jon is suddenly second in line to the throne behind Aegon. There was some point to bothering to put that decree into the story, so we can expect it to come into play somehow.

How much authority does the decree of a dead king hold though? His law is only recognized by those loyal that were loyal to him. For example I don't think any of the Lords of the South or those sympathetic to the Lannister/Baratheon rule would recognize Jon's legitimacy. Not that many people would care of course, but it's just not a law that would've come to pass because it came from a (now dead) usurper.

1. Dany will get a lot of Dothraki to follow her, then she allies with Vic but when she meets Euron she falls for him (yes, cos he is her type), and that is the way she reaches Westeros, where everyone already loves Aegon. she decides to slay the lie that aegon is not real so she chases him away, but rather than accepting her, The people will hate her even more, and even more convinced that she is indeed like her father. She will have assassination attepts against her 24/hours a day, but just like before she will survive all off them, and she won't suffer any hurt at all. But that is when the last betrayal will come the one for love. Arya will assassinate her (because she wants to kill all of Robrt's bastards, or the Usurper's dog) and will take her place. Then she will march and win the fight against the Others and that is when Queen Dany will be finally accepted.

hohoho....

2.Tyrion will be Dany's first Hand, but he will be strangled with the Hand necklace by one of the whores he raped and made miserable before. That is karma.

3. Her second hand will be her husband Euron who will be killed by Dany(Arya).

4. There will be no more Hands, but instead a small council that will be contain a member from all the houses.

5. Dany(Arya) will let the Nort and the Vale and Riverrun become a different kingdom. She will excuse Aegon and give him the Iron Throne. Then she disappears. Arya Stark will return to the North and will be chosen as the Queen of the North. Her husband will be Gendry.

6. The royal for the Southern Kingdom will be Queen Sansa who married Aegon. He will return from exile (caused by Dany).

7. LF will disappear. And no one will know what exactly happened to him. Some sais that maybe their goodhearted innocent sweet Queen had something to do with it but those are obviously just mean rumors.

8. Jon willl be forever unhappy and angsty. He will have a short relationship with Val, but she will eventually leave him because he bores her to death. She will marry Edmure Tully (his first wife died in childbirth). Jon will sulk and brood to no end, but eventually he becomes a superhero saves the world and he will die.

9. Stannis will become the 1000th Lord Commander to the NW.

10. Arianne will marry Wylass Tyrell and the Martells and the Tyrell will finally become allies.

11. Doran Martell will do nothing like always. He will still remain the head of the house, but since he never does or decides to do anything it won't make a difference storywise.

12. Jaime will help the BwB free Riverrun, go against the Twins. Help Sansa to escape and get her annulment about her marriage with Tyrion has his role in killing UnGregor with the Hound. Then he will be killed by Uncat for what he did to Bran.

13. Brienne will marry Ser Hyle (or Hayle???) and they will adopt Pod.

14. Tyrion will be the one who will strangle Cersei (when he learns Jaime helped Sansa to get the annulment, sort of to pay him back)

15. Sam will never loose weight.

Suddenly I only could thought of that many speculations.

Dany will go east to go west and pass beneath the shadow to reach the light. In other words we had better reach Ashai before the end of this series or I am going to be so mad. I am so tired of hearing about this mysterious place in the east that no one has ever had a POV in. Also i kind of want Jon to stay dead, not because I don't like him he is one of my favorite characters. I am just tired of so many people being dead, and then oh whoops I am alive again. I am over the resurrection thing.

Here is my theory about the Others, and I am basically seeing what you think, and where my flaws may lie, feel free to break it down and prove me wrong, I will not take offence

Ok, so we all want to know why the Others are back, and what clues could lead to it right? Brandon the Builder built the wall to protect us from them, correct? He also built Winterfell, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Winterfell was strategically located where it was as a second form of defence/failsafe for the wall.

Now hear me out.....

We know that the Winterfell castle and water are unusually warm in the winter considering the harsh cold.

We know that GRRM made a point to let us know that Winterfell's castle and walls are now colder then they normally would be(I think I read this anyways, if not then my theory is waaaaaay off)

We speculate that a dragon(stone??) could possible be the reason for the unlikely warmth in Winterfell. If not a dragon, it still is something magical that's focus is heat which would lead me to speculate that it would be useful against the Others.

so the coincidence that I picked up was that the Winterfell doesn't have that warmth like it's used to in the harsh tempature, which happens to be at the exact same time the Others are threatening. Out of 8000 years of warmth and no threat from the Others, the coincedence is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too great to not at least put up as a possibility that maybe that dragon is gone now.

Now, MAYBE, just maybe when Mance was in Winterfell, he learned this, and reported it to the Others, which gave them confidence to continue to keep on coming

Note that this last part is something i just thought of, and can see many holes as I'm typing it, but maybe it could spark some new thoughts in people anyways

let me know what you think

oh yeah, the reason Winterfell as a failsafe is that he built it around the dragon(or some other magic that gives off warmth which is the natural enemy of the Others)

Bran will warg thousands of wolves at once (perhaps the ones in Nymeria's pack) and use them in the final fight, then die.

I like this one - except instead of dying, he basically just kind of fades into the consciousness of the wolves.

Here's some madcap speculation from me:

Jon's story in Westeros is done, for now. Melisandre revives him and sees a vision in the flames of Dany and her dragons, the living embodiment of fire, the ultimate weapon against the Others. She maybe sees that Jon is somehow connected to Dany. She sends him on his merry little way to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea with some trusted companions who keep Jon's ressurection a secret.

The ominous Volantene fleet is rendered ineffectual due a slave revolt.

Victarion figures out how the dragon horn works and steals a dragon... then, when he finds out that Dany ain't in Meereen, he uses his new toy in an unsuspecting, unguarded Yunkai. This causes some of the Meereenese to withdraw from the siege, which in turn inspires confidence in Barristan & co to break the siege. On the flipside, Vic's dragon gets injured or over-exerted in the attack on Yunkai.

Dany and her khalasar turn up and finish the job Victarion started. However, she isn't too impressed by him stealing and damaging one of her dragons. She has him burnt by Drogon, but he survives thanks to Moqorro's dark magic and becomes even more badass and hilarious.

Tyrion reveals himself to Barristan and the old knight is all "Give me one good reason I shouldn't kill you where you stand, Lannister". Tyrion starts babbling on about dragonz. By the time Dany gets back, he has the other dragon all ready to roll as a proper attack unit. Also, he works out who the Harpy is.

The Master of Coin and his Mountain's Men guards go as envoy to the Iron Bank of Braavos, affording Arya an opportunity to shorten her prayer. She is sent as a spy back to King's Landing with a new face.

The wards in the Children's lair fail under a massive Other attack. Hodor, Bran, Meera and one of the Children are all that get out of there alive. With the help of Summer and Coldhands they are able to make it to Castle Black, and warn whoever is at the Wall of the massive impending attack of the Others. Bloodraven goes out in a blaze of glory.

The Wall turns into three warring factions - the wildlings, the NW, and the southrons. Mel takes charge of the whole situation. She burns Bowen Marsh and the other traitors. Many of the Night's Watch desert, most of who remain turn to the red god. Some wildlings do too, including the Magnar and his men. A subservient Lord Commander who acts basically as an extension of Mel's will. The Shadow Tower falls to the Weeper, and Eastwatch is surrounded by creepy monsters. Mel has no choice but to send men to both ends. Then at the end, the Others turn up at Castle Black hot on Bran's heels.

The War for the North turns into a clusterfuck. Everything breaks down, on both sides. The Greyjoys get away and head off to try and reclaim the Iron Islands with Damphair. Stannis survives and goes into hiding. The northern clans retreat with "Ned's girl", proclaiming her the heir to Winterfell. Everyone is all "Where's Stannis?" all the time. The southrons are mostly slaughtered. Frey and Bolton and Manderly turn on each other. Roose offers the Freys up to Manderly in exchange for an alliance when he sees all Manderly's motherfuckin' boats. Bolton kneels to the new Warden of the North.

Ramsay doesn't like any of this. He pisses someone off (maybe an Umber or a Karstark). Roose gives him up to them.

Davos finds Rickon but they end up Beyond the Wall. Oops! All kinds of fucked up shit be going on. They discover some big ass secret about the Others.

Brienne takes Jaime to the BwB. We find out that Lady Stoneheart is dead, and her gift has passed to Brienne. Brienne and Jaime have trial by combat. Brienne wants to lose but Jaime is so shit with his one hand and doesn't really want to kill her. They have a really lame duel and UnBrienne kills Jaime, but then passes her gift on to him. Blackfish turns up around the same time so BwB follow him now, he starts organising them more like a real army and they become legit.

Meanwhile, Brienne has passed her "Sansa Quest" on to Jaime, who is a better detective and finds her in the Vale. He kidnaps her and Sansa is all "are you taking me to the Queen?" and Jaime is all "No. I'm taking you home." Either that or he decides to take her and go to Daenerys.

Cersei and Margaery both win their trials. Cersei stays in King's Landing with Tommen but has no real power. She becomes more of a behind the scenes, shadow operator, thanks to her new henchman. She also pretends she is now super pious and gets quite a following among the Faith, including their soldiers. She starts engineering some vengeance against the Tyrells, as friction grows there even further.

Everyone tries to marry their daughter to Aegon. Myrcella, Arianne and Margaery are all presented as viable candidates. Perhaps Sansa too. Princess Arianne of Dorne declares for Aegon after Doran Martell croaks it, though she doesn't marry Aegon.

The Faceless Man in the Citadel finds the secret mega-dragon book. Sam also finds out some interesting shit about the Maesters and their anti-whatever conspiracies. The Ironborn raids are successfully repelled. Lord Hightower does something out of left field, like declares for Aegon in exchange for being overlord of the Reach.

Aurane Waters and the Royal Fleet join Euron as his wingman in exchange for whatever. Euron's raids become more audacious until he devastates somewhere important like The Arbor. Maybe they sack Lannisport. All goes well until they hear about the return of a certain lost son back home...

Walder Frey will die horribly horribly and his entire keep and family slaughtered by a pack of wolves led by Nymeria. The story 'bout the Rat King / Cook (whichever of the two it was) indicated as much, those who break the laws of hospitality got something bad coming... The Others move very slowly as is to be expected of such timeless creatures and may bide their time as they have for many books. I wouldn't be surprised if they have eyes and ears everywhere and know the realms of men are weakening each other through endless wars, and they will wait for the winter to fall completely as well.

I don't think Tommen will die, he could be dethroned or captured though. Even though I despise the Lannisters murdering Tommen or Myrcella just seems out of place. Those religious looneys could kill either of them if the truth were to come to light, but they never will because they are against Stannis and don't want to enforce his claim.

Winterfell doesn't have that warmth like it's used to in the harsh tempature, which happens to be at the exact same time the Others are threatening. Out of 8000 years of warmth and no threat from the Others, the coincedence is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too great to not at least put up as a possibility that maybe that dragon is gone now.

Say the warm springs come from a volcanic hot spot, which in this world will have Wyrms cloistered around it. Cousins to the dragons, the wyrms have kept Winterfell's embers tamed/burning all these years by some ancient agreement which is now broken with the failing of the Starks. Like the death star, the winterfell site is now headed for a chain reaction volcanic eruption, because lord knows the starks would only falter during the worst of times when the Others have returned. So volcanic activity will also now return to the north, just in time to thaw things out behind the lines of the Others' invasion, melting their icy hopes away and providing the 3 dragons with a vital base of operations that will keep them from freezing during the ice war. A Valyrian 7-Eleven, if you will. A Flying J Truckstop for the flying Targaryens. (It could become known as the bleeding star as it belches fire into the night sky and is seen glowing from the next valley over. And what if Jon is messing around near Winterfell when it explodes, waving a sword that's all lava-heated and glowy because he poked something prophetic with it. That'd be hot.)

Archived