even worse than the fact that he is a bastard is that nobody knows he's Robert's bastard. Atleast Edric Storm was known as Robert's son. It's just that people have a lot more invested in Gendry then Edric

I agree with this — people are making predictions about Gendry based on how they feel about him, not on much if any plausibility.

I think that in the circumstances its plausible that he may put Ice back together again, but I don't see it going beyond that.

Incidentally there was a question about what sword Ser Illyn had after he gave up Ice to be split, and I think the short answer is that he never possessed Ice in the first place. Yes Ice was used to behead Ned Stark, but that only indicates that Ned was intended to die all along and that Ser Illyn was lent the sword just long enough to do the dirty deed on account of cutting a man's head off with his own sword being just the sort of nasty trick Joffrey liked.

(I would ask this in its own thread, but for some reason it still wont let me make my own)

What is dani is the bad guy of the show? I mean, I know that the others are pitched this way, and are utterly non-human, alien and therefor bad in their own way, but what if dani's actions and choices cause missery and destruction for westeros....?

I mean, lets say the wall falls, the others wash over the north, the continent unites behind king X and turns to fight.... and dani smashes into kings landing.... :devil:

Nobody knows who Gendry is, but people will start getting curious when a figure in black armour and bull's horns wielding a big spiked war hammer starts making waves in the riverlands.

someone knows. someone paid for his apprenticeship and his master's silence. and it is believed that cersei even sent the gold cloaks to hunt the boy down and being him back to kl, possibly for a quick and quiet execution.

someone knows. someone paid for his apprenticeship and his master's silence. and it is believed that cersei even sent the gold cloaks to hunt the boy down and being him back to kl, possibly for a quick and quiet execution.

I was under the impression it was Jon Arynn and Cersei wanted him dead to avoid him as evidence of her children with Jaime.

Someone, presumably Cersei, certainly sent the Gold Cloaks after him, but I doubt there was any particular significance attaching to him. Cersei was just intent on killing off any and all of Robert's by-blows.

As to who spilled the beans;

Tobho Mott presented himself to Ned as the very soul of discretion and clearly knew who Gendry really was, yet later on in the story he's the man who reforges Ice into two new swords. Given Cersei's vindictive nature its odd that he was still walking about if she knew he had been sheltering the boy. Varys as I recall was the one who arranged for Yoren to get Gendry out of King's Landing; so was it Mott who protected himself by betraying Gendry once he was safely on his way?

That someone was Jon Arryn, now dead. Ned discovered it, and he is now dead too.

You're probably right that someone still knows, perhaps his master for one, but no one within hundreds of miles of him.

That someone was Jon Arryn, now dead. Ned discovered it, and he is now dead too.

You're probably right that someone still knows, perhaps his master for one, but no one within hundreds of miles of him.

I think if Jaime is taken by the BwB and meets up with Gendry he should be able to say "you know who you look like?" And Brienne who is with Jaime, already thinks Gendry looks like Renly, I think together they can figure out who he is.

And as for another earlier post about Gendry being a bastard, if Tommen can legitimize Ramsay Snow now Bolton, he or the new king/queen can legitimize Gendry (although I admit most wouldn't because then he's a threat for the throne). (Here comes a crackpot-Mellisandre convinces Stannis to legitimize him, Gendry will reforge Ice and become AAR.)

I think if Jaime is taken by the BwB and meets up with Gendry he should be able to say "you know who you look like?" And Brienne who is with Jaime, already thinks Gendry looks like Renly, I think together they can figure out who he is.

Brienne doesn't need help figuring out who Gendry is. She already made the jump from Renly to Robert, and was about to tell Gendry who his father was when she was interrupted by Biter and Rorge.

I think it is safe to conclude that us fans want more Gendry.

Also, Maybe 1/2 ice will be in possession of someone in the south and the the other half will be in possession of someone in the north.

We know oathkeeper is currently with Brienne, who has the other sword?

I didn't see anyone (except maybe Sandor) beating him anyway. I always thought he'd win and Cersei would be free to start causing more trouble. I don't know if a Valyrian sword is going to make him any more undefeatable.

My question, is now that he's part of the Kingsguard, could he fight for Margery too? Could they both claim him for a champion?

So, do you guys think, Robert Strong will fight for Cersei's honor with the Widow's Wail sword? if so, I don't see anyone beating Strong.

This is about as unlikely of a statement as I've seen in this thread. You need to use reason and logic before you post, because ppl on msg boards can be rough(this one seems like quite a pleasant place tho I must say) But it's things like this that make me question ppl's thought processes.

First off, Strong I beleive weilded the largest sword in all of Westeros(or used two full long swords.....something over the top I remember in the description when he fought the viper)

Anyways, what I'm getting at is that he wouldn't be even close to unbeatable with a half of a great sword. A full ICE, then heck yeah, I agree with you, but you are implying that the biggest man in all of Westeros would be unbeatable with a sword made for a CHILD.............do you see the sillyness in your statement now?

Don't let this keep you from sharing your idea's, they are all welcomed, but please think it through from different vantage points.

sorry if ya took that as harsh, but if ya do read this, I'm quite sure that you learned something from this and will benefit from it in your future experiences where the need for logical reasoning is involved

So, do you guys think, Robert Strong will fight for Cersei's honor with the Widow's Wail sword? if so, I don't see anyone beating Strong.

I think that's very possible. Someone has to use that sword---I can't imagine it just sitting around gathering dust until the end of the series. Valyrian steel is supposed to be quite a potent weapon.

First off, Strong I beleive weilded the largest sword in all of Westeros(or used two full long swords.....something over the top I remember in the description when he fought the viper)

Strong has never fought anyone. Gregor Clegane fought Oberyn Martell. If Strong is UnGregor, then we have no idea what his martial prowess or what his favored weapon would be.

but you are implying that the biggest man in all of Westeros would be unbeatable with a sword made for a CHILD.............do you see the sillyness in your statement now?

Widow's Wail is a twin to Oathkeeper. Oathkeeper was intended for Jaime Lannister, who was most definitely not a child. Joffrey was given Widow's Wail, but Joffrey was supposed to be tall for his age (taller than Robb when they met at Winterfell, for example). There is no indication that either sword was made for a child---quite the opposite, in fact.

Jon might be saved but be in some comatose state. I am curious as to what Mel will do if anything to save him. She is still powerful and if the rebellion of the Nights watch will go viral along the wall and be a free for all with the wildings, Wun Wun against everyone else. The expedition to Hardhome, did it leave and did it succeed or fail? Davos will find Rickon, with or without Osha. Rickon and his wolf will prob be worshiped as Gods by the cannibals and that provides thousands of soldiers. Cersei will take control of Tommen again and Margeary will lose her trial and die. Civil war between Dorne and Highgarden with Aegon getting support from Dorne will result in Aegon being crowned king at end of TWoW.

Sansa will end up being exposed as Sansa Stark and will be married to Aegon and he will claim the North and Riverlands through her. With Sansa, Peter send the banners of the Vale and Peter gets to be hand. Walder Frey shits a brick and dies. Jaime becomes a convert after his experience with uncat and helps her free the Northmen taken at the red wedding. Jaime and Briene will return to Kings Landing before the fall of Tommen and he will tell Cersei off and as he is leaving her with Briene at his side, she will stab Briene in the back and Jaime kills her. When King's Landing is sacked, Tommen is killed in Vengence. Marcylla will be killed by a Sandsnake. Sam and the maesters trying to help Dany, the dragons and the watch will be under seige by Dorne at oldtown. The Iron men fleet will be destoryed by Drogon and his brothers as Dany, Tyrion, Selmy and her army set sail and will be in sight of land at the end of the book.

However, Greyscale being reintroduced to Westeros through Connington will begin to spread and kill efficiently. The last part of the book will be the epiloge where the others/whytes begin a collosal move on the wall when a loud horn is sounded leaving us to wonder what will happen next.

Archived