EasterCon 2012: BwB Shenanigans (Attendance List first post)

Chaldanya

Oh dear...

:leaving:

Did you figure out what a Nork is, or did you give up? If the latter, please don't! I'm dying to know what it is but I didn't want to be 'the noob who doesnt know what a Nork is'! :D

I know what the Nork is adn I'm terrified.

somehow I don't think bacon forms part of the Norks diet.

I will however be bringing garlic, wolves bane, holy water, Silver, veriaous relligous objects and a mirror. I doubt it will help but just it would be silly not to be prepared, just incase.

No, I still don't know...I'll just wait and see, I guess...

Nobody can be told what the Nork is, they can only find out for themselves.

I saw the Nork once in Galway, although only in the distance, Peader assured us it was safer that way.

I have a possibly idiotic questions...(I swear i've been to London, but I don't remember it at all.)

The Underground is zoned, and Heathrow is out in Zone six. The Bus system isn't zoned? Theres a weekly pass available for the buses at 19GBP, which seems like a ridiculous bargain compared to the underground, so I must be missing some detail. (If I make it, it'll be something like Wednesday to Wednesday - Arriving at Stansed and departing Luton, amusingly enough for my love of transport infrastructure. I'll probably be couchsurfing, hopefully in the general vicinity of Heathrow.)

You are not missing any detail but depending on where you're staying the bus transport will take you ages and ages to get anywhere that's why it's a bargain. You're better off swallowing the cost (if you can) and getting the tube pass. If you need any further info about traveling in and around that area of London (or London in particular) drop me a line...

N

Hi Chaldanya,

I'm not Datepalm, but could you help me too? :)

What's the best (=fastest) way to get from Heathrow to London City Airport in the early evening on a Bank Holiday?

It's for a good cause! Perhaps, knowing that, you will scream a little less.

Beginning to feel like the proverbial sacrificial lamb. I wonder if Clarice will hear me screaming... :uhoh:

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

*starts making plate armour*

:P

The best way would be:

1) Heathrow Express to Paddington

2) Paddington to Baker St on Bakerloo Line (Brown line)

3) Baker St to Canning Town on Jubilee Line (Silver line)

4) Canning Town to London City Airport (DLR)

I'll take you about 60-90 minutes all being well.

N

Archived