EasterCon 2012: BwB Shenanigans (Attendance List first post)

Chaldanya

District line doesn't go to Bank. It goes to Monument, which once upon a time you could walk from to Bank underground. However, for years now there have been ridiculous improvement works going on at Bank which have meant no interchange underground. You could walk from Cannon St though. If it was open. Sometimes it's open, sometimes it's closed. Haha. LU is so amusing.

Agree with Chal about the pic from Heathrow. I've done it both ways and it takes a l-o-n-g time. Also add on extra time for delays OBVIOUSLY. :)

Also, because I'm lazy I'd avoid a change at Green Park because the walk between the Piccadilly line and Jubilee line is about 10 minute walk. Also the District Line sucks monkey balls and I wouldn't count on it to be represented by the colour green never mind running on time or at all...

Oh, I'm so glad that I don't have to use the tube on a daily basis anymore...

N

I’ve been meaning to post this for a while but I keep forgetting...

I can give a lift to anyone going to the con on Thursday from the Gatwick area. And on Tuesday coming back.

:cheers:

He'll probably be glad of any questions that aren't attempts to find out ASOIAF spoilers from future books.

I submitted one to Wert and if he doesn't ask it, I will be posting 400 Twilight reviews in the book forums, complete with Edward Cullen pics (sparkling). :P

If it really is Joe then I would definitely expect a signing session at some point, even if it's an unofficial one as we doorstop him in the bar.

Is that a wise idea? I thought harassing authors was frowned upon.

Hiya all! Looking forward to meeting the London and other Bwb people in a couple of weeks.

It's my first con so I have some stupid questions...

What does one wear? Casual, smart, geek tshirts, costume?

How do we know where the Bwb party will be held? My brother is attending the con, can he come too?

Would any nice organiser-type person be willing to PM me their mobile number?

All answers appreciated! Thanks :-)

(null)

Oh almost forgot, thanks for reminding me quirksome, it would be great to have someones mobile number.

Pebs, were you offering yours or am I misremembering?

In any case, I suspect I will need someone's number to be able to come to the pub on Thursday among other meet ups, so it would be really great if anyone would help me out and send a PM... I'm pretty harmless so no need to be afraid... :drunk:

Oh almost forgot, thanks for reminding me quirksome, it would be great to have someones mobile number.

Pebs, were you offering yours or am I misremembering?

In any case, I suspect I will need someone's number to be able to come to the pub on Thursday among other meet ups, so it would be really great if anyone would help me out and send a PM... I'm pretty harmless so no need to be afraid... :drunk:

So, you promise you're not related to the Nork? :eek:

I don't know about the nork but I'm really hoping the Jedi turns up as the London BwBers always like to reintroduce me to him at the other london conventions.

Dude, how awesome would that be?

I mean, I'd run in the opposite direction but it would give you two a chance to reconnect...

N

Is that a wise idea? I thought harassing authors was frowned upon.
Frowned upon by who?

Actually, this idea of NOT harrassing Joe is really cracking me up in light of the treatment we gave him the first time he came out with us.

Dude, how awesome would that be?

I mean, I'd run in the opposite direction but it would give you two a chance to reconnect...

N

I had to mask my presence within the force to dodge him last summer, although I recall Ser Sean found him and tried to aim him in my general direction.

Archived