EasterCon 2012: BwB Shenanigans (Attendance List first post)

Chaldanya

Awww Pebble :grouphug:

If anyone calls you annoying, just hit them.

So Aly what your saying is

If I constaly go up to strangers and say things like "Hey look at my membership number, ain't it cool, oh sorry yours just sucks! Nevermind, I'll just hug you to make you feel better for not having a single digit member number" is perfectly acceptable behaviour?

thats good to know, cos I hey I'm member number 1 again this year suckers!!!!

My Eastercon membership ain't so great though.

Is he a case of "every Con has its harmless but annoying weirdo"?

Very much so. I felt bad trying to exricate myself away from him, even though he was doign that thing of not letting me speak to anyone else. Probably a jedi mind trick.

To go to the screening do I need to say "I WANT TO COME TO THE MONDAY PUB SCREENING" so it's all official and shouty?

If so; I WANT TO COME TO THE MONDAY PUB SCREENING. PLEASE. :)

So Aly what your saying is

If I constaly go up to strangers and say things like "Hey look at my membership number, ain't it cool, oh sorry yours just sucks! Nevermind, I'll just hug you to make you feel better for not having a single digit member number" is perfectly acceptable behaviour?

thats good to know, cos I hey I'm member number 1 again this year suckers!!!!

My Eastercon membership ain't so great though.

Feel free to do whatever you like at Titan Con, I won't be there to suffer from it ;)

Just a heads-up that Faraday and I ended up booking our tickets for the Saturday (not the Sunday like it says in the attendance list), and that we'll be coming with two other people. See everyone there! :)

Edit: this is why I should have refreshed the thread before posting.

Is that a wise idea? I thought harassing authors was frowned upon.

It is - Please do not do this. I'm not trying to be a killjoy here but we have a *lot* of authors coming and remember they are paying members as well and are coming for a chat and to relax and have a few drinks.

I'm sure some of them will sign ad hoc autographs - but doorstopping would be frowned on.

Ok - yes Joe is Joe and is on a couple of panels as well.

We are arrranging an non GoH signing session although when that is is not fixed yet nor is who will be on it.

G.

You wear whatever you want to wear, presumably unless it's nothing or some kind of extreme bondage gear. Maybe even that would be ok, you'd have to get an answer from an organiser.

Um ... You can wear pretty much what ever you want - but I suspect full on nudity would cause issues ...

Seriously - Its a casual event - people are there to have fun. You can wear pretty much anything you want. We do have some cosplayers and there is a best hall costume competition. The evening discos are themed and dressing up is encourged but in no way Obigitory...

Hi All

Ok - If you haven't booked yet you really need to, as we are now fully expecting to hit our cap by Tuesday (its not a fixed number by the way - its a balance between the number of day members on a particular day and the number of full weekend attending).

Once this cap is hit that is it. We are NOT selling on the door memberships. We are pretty much to capacity. This is pretty much a first for an Eastercon - but it's our third one at this venue and we have a pretty good idea what the venues real capacity is.

As a reminder the program is here :

http://www.olympus2012.org/programme/fullgrids.pdf

There are one or two interesting items not yet on it as they are still to be confirmed. Keep that in mind when booking. I really recommend doing the whole weekend.

Anyway - catch me here or on twitter if you have questions.

G.

I figured I'd do an updated list for those who want to come for the Monday screening:

George and Parris

Jo

SMG

Eira

Kissed by Fire +1

Adz of CCAA

Hamster of Doom

Slick

mrmrsmith

Kama

John ( not to be presumtious )

Pebble

Alex Timperly

Targh + Jon + MrsTargh

Filippa Eilhart + John

Padraig

MCGeek

Eloisa

Davieboy +MrsDavieboy

williamjm

Neal

SamanthaofTarth

Peadar +Nork

Josscock

red snow

Toft

cast members to be announced

Hopefully I didn't miss anybody.

Looks like an awesome schedule. Hopefully it will all run perfectly to plan with no need to change anything (so those poor souls working on programming don't get any headaches).

Why yes I did volunteer for programming ops, however did you guess?

One thing I have taken note of - Friday 10 pm in room 38 - Wårldcon party. If this party is anything like as crazy as the announcement speech at SMOFCON this will be awesome. But the question I want to know is are all the members of the Wårldcon bid committee expected to be running this party? Eloisa, MCGeek, Gaspodia - have you all been dragged into this insanity?

Just looking at the list in your post Sam I got confused when I read the second name on the list. For a moment I thought you might be having an identity crisis before I remembered you were copying the list from Jo's previous post.

Archived