EasterCon 2012: BwB Shenanigans (Attendance List first post)

Chaldanya

Pebble, shall we let Peadar sleep on the floor in our room? ;)

Great thanks! Although, I don't think my back could take it :(

Also, I snore quite badly! :ack: I may have to just bite the bullet and get a room where I won't be a danger to my lazy slaves :whip:

I have a possibly idiotic questions...(I swear i've been to London, but I don't remember it at all.)

The Underground is zoned, and Heathrow is out in Zone six. The Bus system isn't zoned? Theres a weekly pass available for the buses at 19GBP, which seems like a ridiculous bargain compared to the underground, so I must be missing some detail. (If I make it, it'll be something like Wednesday to Wednesday - Arriving at Stansed and departing Luton, amusingly enough for my love of transport infrastructure. I'll probably be couchsurfing, hopefully in the general vicinity of Heathrow.)

I'm actually really looking forward to this. What's the proper way of introducing yourself at one of these things?

I think we're supposed to get drunk and streak, if you want to go first I can judge the reaction and see if it's 'the proper way'. Sound good? <_<

well if you do find someone who can tollerate your snoring I do have an inflatable air bed. for that matter I also have a tent. would also offer my sleeping bag but it was cheeper to buy a Pebble/Mina sized one.

I er have a habit of turning into a homoicidal maniac if my sleep is disturbed by snorer's. The offer of our floor space is there, but it may result in your Gruesum death.

I think there is a cheeper hotel on the heathrow strip (free transport) a Premier Inn? someone up thread is staying in.

Thanks, Pebble! It looks like I'm going to have to take care of the Dreaded Nork for a few days, so I'll need my own (padded) room, after all.

Glad to escape being murdered by you too ;)

Woah. I just realized this falls on easter break and I can totally - maybe - make it.

This would be awesome. :D

Also, I snore quite badly! :ack:

This is not true. At least, not compared to some of the really epic snorers of my experience.

I'm actually really looking forward to this. What's the proper way of introducing yourself at one of these things?

Do what I did, these many years back: walk up to Pod and fanboy him.

"Hi, I'm Alex Timperley" will probably work.

Would I be allowed to bring a +1 to the screening?

You're bringing the Nork to Eastercon? How are you going to prevent it from tearing into the flesh of con going nerds during the day? I mean a few going missing at night will be understandable but people notice that sort of thing during panels and interviews.

Anyway it will be awesome to meet the Nork and Datepalm as well. This convention is really shaping up to be something very special :cheers:

I think it's probably time for another attendance list update:

Lord Jo Favourite Spearwife

Tenalpia

Isis + Gingerwolverine

Chaldanya + Ser Sean (not sure which days)

Alytha

Filippa Eilhart + John

Mormont

Pebble

Williamjm

Pod

MG

Malt

Eloisa + MCGeek

SamanthaofTarth

lanky316

Josscock

Derfel Cadarn

Wee_Birdie

red snow

quirksome

Chataya de Fleury

Adz of CCAA

Kissdbyfire (+1 Mon only)

The Iceman of the North

Davieboy (+Mrs Davieboy Mon only)

Eira

Slick Mongoose

mrmrssmith

Targh + Jon (+1 Mon only)

Hamster of Doom

Werthead +1 (Sat & Sun only)

Dunhallym +1

Elaria

Faraday (Sun only)

Mina Martell (Sun only)

Liffguard

Alex Timperley

Neal

Peadar (+ Nork Mon only)

I think it's probably time for another attendance list update:

Kissdbyfire +1

Just to clarify, my yet unconfirmed +1 would be for the Monday viewing only. As someone else said upthread, my friend too has an appointment with the Easter Bunny and won't be able to go to the con. :cheers:

If the planets were to align correctly, I might just make it to this con after all.

a) that would be great!

YAY! /but scared of meeting The Nork

Faraday: you are spot on. And you're going to fit right in. :)

Just to clarify, my yet unconfirmed +1 would be for the Monday viewing only. As someone else said upthread, my friend too has an appointment with the Easter Bunny and won't be able to go to the con. :cheers:

Oops, sorry. I've amended the list accordingly :)

ETA: and another edit :( a real pity you can't make it Datepalm

Membership bought. This is really happening! Really looking forward to seeing you all :cheers:

LordMountainGoat: Fear not, the Nork will only be at the screening. Many civilians will die, but thankfully, the nerds should all be safe. It will be fully sated in time for Monday.

if you're looking for somewhere the ibis is pretty damn cheap for a twin/double room. about the same as the premier inn, we found.

Thanks! I'll be checking both of them out :)

Archived