EasterCon 2012: BwB Shenanigans (Attendance List first post)

Chaldanya

A note about fundraising -

As much as I have put a lot of this together on a beg, borrow or steal basis there are some expenses to cover in terms of running the bar and hosting the private party and also reembursing Cliff, the lovely landlord of the White Horse. As usual we shall have a tips pot on the bar to collect donations and we would really appreciate everyone contributing when they sample the lovely beverages and snacks. We do, however, need to stock the bar before we start serving .... so I suggest that everyone puts their hands in their pockets to the tune of a fiver for the party and another fiver if you are coming to watch the episode on monday. And if you can do so when you see me or my deputies when you arrive in - that would support a pre party booze run and keep my bank manager happier ...

This allows the raffle money to be preserved for donation to our chosen BWB charity ( goes to check ) and for the tips donations to be used to cover any extraneous expenses and surplus to be donated to charity also - we have a proud tradition of raising not inconsiderable sums and it would be great to continue to do so.

Also - the theme for the party is Wenches, Wildlings and the Wall and there are costume prizes and opportunities for folks to do a " turn " ( work on your versions of the Bear and the Maiden fair/ present your lemon cakes - fnar/ fingerdance or present your cunningly crafted Westerosi artefact ) and we shall also have entertainment from Lance Bombadier Jack Union - Monster Hunter.

If anyone has any objections to the fundraising say something now - or I shall assume that it is all fine and look forward to your fivers and tenners :)

I've been abroad for a few days (in Romania) so missed the announcement re the Monday screening. If I'm not too late, please put me down for both the Saturday party and the Monday event. Pretty please!

Thanks for organising all this, you guys are awesome!

Would you like to join Parris, George, cast members and crew to watch the second episode of season 2 on monday night ? I have arranged a private showing for BWB members and our guests at the White Horse ( we may be there quite a lot ) on Monday evening from 6pm. They are serving a full and yummy looking menue and we shall watch the episode as it is screened in the early evening. Hoorah - and so I need another list of who wants to do that before joining the general dead dog on monday evening ?

I was originally going to head home on the Monday, but this sounds interesting so I've decided to stay an extra day so I'll be at the Monday night event as well.

OK so episodewatch list -

John ( not to be presumtious )

Heh. Yes, i would love to come to watch the episode please Jo thanks. And any other event friday to monday. I know you run a good shindig.

Please count myself and Eloisa as 95% certainties for Monday (depending on energy levels, and how much cleanup needs doing back at the Con)

Not a chance young man - way too much to do !!! ;-)

Kidding

That said - we are planning on hopefully running episodes 1 & 2 back to back in one of the rooms at the hotel from 9pm on the Monday for thoses who stay.

G.

Correction: the Q&A/interview event has now been moved to the Sunday.

I should say the the entire program is being reviewed this weekend and *anything* on it may be subject to change. We will be confirming with panelists in the next few days and hopefully the full program will be published on the website next weekend.

That said we currently have George on items (not including signings) for at least two hours each day overall on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and some for Monday as well.

Gaspode.

It is also now looking *very* unlikely that there will be day memberships on the door.

We are however extending advance online booking to March 31st (assuming we don't hit our limit)

Even if tickets are available on the door they will be £10 more than advance prices and we *will not* be taking cards on the door - cash only.

So my advice - if you haven't booked yet, book.

Gaspode.

Oh. Still haven't book the day ticket, should get on that. Oops.

Oh, I'm sort of on the fence between Saturday or Sunday, as in not sure which day I should go (and can only go one day due to other factors). Though the Saturday ticket allows us into the BWB party at least, so maybe that would be for the best. Maybe I should wait until the full programme goes up and hope it's not sold out before next weekend, though the BWB party sounds fun.

I suppose I best ask the people I'm going with to make sure they're opinions aren't completely ignored.

Oh. Still haven't book the day ticket, should get on that. Oops.

Oh, I'm sort of on the fence between Saturday or Sunday, as in not sure which day I should go (and can only go one day due to other factors). Though the Saturday ticket allows us into the BWB party at least, so maybe that would be for the best. Maybe I should wait until the full programme goes up and hope it's not sold out before next weekend, though the BWB party sounds fun.

I suppose I best ask the people I'm going with to make sure they're opinions aren't completely ignored.

Wait for the program to go up - We *shouldn't* sell out before the 31st unless there is an unforseen rush.

I will post a link here when it is ready ....

Jo,

I'm happy to donate even if I don't come to any of it. I'll give you £10 when I next see you to cover the party and the screening on the Monday. It's the least I can do after promising my help and then having to pull out because of PTWP cooking away!

N

I've managed to change my flights home (and get an extra day off work) so count me in for the episode screening on monday night.

And of course more than happy donating to party fund, helping out where needed etc...

A reminder for anyone that has not yet bought day tickets or membership and was planning on buying them on the door - the word from Parris is that sales are picking up steadily now and there is a very good chance that Eastercon will be completely sold out with no tickets available on the door. So make sure you buy now - it will be cheaper anyway without the £10 on-the-door surcharge.

We definitely experienced this late surge with TitanCon last year as well so it sounds right to me.

If the planets were to align correctly, I might just make it to this con after all.

a) that would be great!

B) Are there any rooms/sharing left? Or should I bring my own cardboard box?

If the planets were to align correctly, I might just make it to this con after all.

a) that would be great!

B) Are there any rooms/sharing left? Or should I bring my own cardboard box?

I'm sure someone will offer floor space. Don't you have any slaves you can take advantage of?

Datapalm last I heard they where hoping to publish the program this weekend.

Saturday is Party night and Monday you can watch this TV program

DP: On Thursday there is a pre-Con meet up for those that are in London by then. It's either further back in this thread or there's a separate thread a couple pages back in the forum.

N

Archived