EasterCon 2012: BwB Shenanigans (Attendance List first post)

Chaldanya

I'm trying to get one of my mates along so I can share a room with him (I imagine navigating back into north london could be quite the adventure after the party at god knows what time) and god knows how many drinks). Speaking of which does anyone know what's happening on the Sunday. My fear is that I'll be too hungover and not able to make it anyway in which case there's no point buying a ticket for that day.

I found out the panel requires reading a ton of books which I now haven't got time for, so that's off the agenda. However, I'll still be down.

Keep an eye open for the GRRM Q&A event on Saturday. That should be interesting.

I'm trying to get one of my mates along so I can share a room with him (I Speaking of which does anyone know what's happening on the Sunday. My fear is that I'll be too hungover and not able to make it anyway in which case there's no point buying a ticket for that day.

Pacing your intake of alcohol is essential to enjoying the entire convention. There will be lots of panels and events that will be held before 1pm each day, so don't forget to stay hydrated, drink a pint of water before you go to sleep, and keep your favorite hangover remedies close to hand. I've been going to cons since the mid-70's, and missed more than a few great experiences because I was too miserable to raise my head from the pillow. You don't want to regret missing a great panel, a reading by George or another favorite author, or some other excellent event because you had one or three too many the night before. After all, that's why we have dead dogs on the final night of the convention, so we can finally indulge without worrying about the next day's 10am panel, while going over the best of the convention events, share gossip, do a little light SMOFing, and catch up with the friends we'd missed all weekend and the new friends we'd made during the convention.

There will be plenty of events/programming/panels to enjoy on Sunday and on Monday at Olympus 2012. One of George's signings will be held on Sunday. He'll be doing panels, interviews, signing sessions, etc., throughout the entire weekend, starting on Friday afternoon until Monday, not sure what time the closing ceremonies will be held, but I do know it's going to be late afternoon Monday at the earliest.

And we're trying to sort out where to watch Episode 2 on Monday night, so plan accordingly!

Oh crap, I have a flight home at early evening the 9th, and I don't want to miss Monday night now! I thought the whole shebang was quite finished at around 6PM, the fool I am... :(

I hope I can change my flight.

Q&A on Saturday sounds particularly interesting! *rubs hands greedily*

Oh crap, I have a flight home at early evening the 9th, and I don't want to miss Monday night now! I thought the whole shebang was quite finished at around 6PM, the fool I am... :(

I hope I can change my flight.

Q&A on Saturday sounds particularly interesting! *rubs hands greedily*

6 pm nahh - myself and the rest of the comittee have no intention of stopping so early ....

I can tell you that while the closing cereomony will be late afternoon on the monday the program will continue well into monday evening with the con Bar running until 2am Tuesday morning for the dead dog party (we have a couple of hundred staying in the Hotel monday night so it'll be a lively dog).

We will also do everything that is possible to try and show episode 2 at the same time as the Sky broadcast. Can't promise - but not giving up easily,

Also - As I know some of you are coming in before Friday:

The convention bar *should* be opening around 6pm on the Thursday evening and we also plan to open registration on Thurs pm as well. We have arranged a special price meal for thursday night as well - details will be on the web site. If you are around the hotel on Thursday afternoon we will have plenty of jobs for willing hands - from building flat pack furniture for the social space to stuffing con packs.

If you are around the hotel on Thursday afternoon we will have plenty of jobs for willing hands - from building flat pack furniture for the social space to stuffing con packs.

I should be there early Thursday afternoon with a pair of willing hands.

The convention bar *should* be opening around 6pm on the Thursday evening and we also plan to open registration on Thurs pm as well. We have arranged a special price meal for thursday night as well - details will be on the web site. If you are around the hotel on Thursday afternoon we will have plenty of jobs for willing hands - from building flat pack furniture for the social space to stuffing con packs.

I'll be there too, and being from the country that gave the world IKEA I can handle building some furniture, half my home came in those annoying things ;) I'll be glad to help out!

Especially if bar and building furniture can somehow be combined...

I'll be there too, and being from the country that gave the world IKEA I can handle building some furniture, half my home came in those annoying things ;) I'll be glad to help out!

Especially if bar and building furniture can somehow be combined...

Hmm - I'm sure *something* can be arranged. Of course you'll all miss the third bi-annual Gaspode wressles 20 sofa's through the tills at IKEA ...

OK I have news

I have confirmed that we will be presenting combat panels with special guests on friday and then a sessionw here by folks will be able to train in the various fighting styles of Westeros and it's surrounding lands. I will confirm the timing for this shortly. So bring your LARP or reenactment safe weaponry and we will put you through your paces. Waterdancers will be especially happy !

Also please add Tenalpia to the attendance list. Sandwich her between Isis and myself :)

More details to be announced in the coming week, including the episode watch on monday evening and a BWB welcome gathering on the thursday or friday - venue to be announced. In fact we shall be out and boozing in North West London from weds evening. If anyone is around we can let you know where we will be.

Hooray

That is all.

ETA - actually it's not. Gamers should excitedly watch this space too :) I just squeed - as soon as I have confirmation I will post.

We will also be joined by Mr Kit Cox AKA Jack Union, Monster Hunter, who's book, "How to hunt the Jabberwok" will be published soon after. A giant of the UK steampunk scene, and legendary louche, Jack will be hosting our party ( with me ) and performing for your delectation and delight; thrilling all alike with his tales of derring do !

We have also been talking about a theme for the BWB private party - which we have a room for on saturday eve - starting around 9pm and continuing till I tuck everyone in after a bedtime story ...

So these are the ideas for the party - North and South, the Wall and the Wildlings, Dothraki Death Jam, The Red Wedding ( Frey Pie ) , Wenches, Warriors and Camp followers ....

Anyone's input is very welcome but this is not a democracy and as such party organisers reserve the right to completely ignore you :)

Archived