NFL Thread 6. Fanatics unite!

Lord O' Bones

Some awesome afternoon games. Patrick Petersen just went 99 yards in OT on a punt return.

And I'd hold off on the Brady sucks stuff. That was their first home loss in how long? Just totally Groundhog's Day to see the Giants do that to them again.

Great game from Andy Dalton and the Bengals defense. They looked terrible in the first half but really turned it around in the 2nd by only allowing less than 100 yards offense after giving up 233 in the first half. We're 4-1on the road now and have won 5 straight. Next week is a huge test in Baltimore which will be our third straight road game. Regardless, I'm impressed with this team. I just hope that Carlos Dunlap, our best defensive player and the top rated DE in the league according to Pro Football Focus, is ok as he went down with what looked like a hammy injury with 7 secs left.

I watched some of the first half on Red Zone, when it was 17-7 Titans. By the end I was watching the Pats/Giants game.

Then you missed the 2nd half when the Bengals defense completely shut down the Titans and the offense scored 2 TDs on great drives to come back. Games tend to last two halves.

Another wonderful ignorant comment from Zadok. No surprise.

I wouldn't say that Brady sucks, yet, but I will say he hasn't been looking great. 2 interceptions and a fumble? Yikes. And so many underthrows and overthrows. It's definitely worrisome, but I think he still has it.

Ochocinco is worthless. I've been withholding judgment on him, trying to give him time to gel, but it's just not happening. It seems like he is never where he is supposed to be.

Next week against the Jets will be a tough game, but after that we have Chiefs/Eagles/Colts/Redskins/Broncos/Dolphins. I don't see us ending the season under 11-5.

It all depends on the defense. It's like there is potential there--magical stops in the red zone--but they can't come together to make a consistent effort for 4 quarters. Clearly we can't rest it all on Brady (and I wouldn't want to, see: Colts), and it feels impossible to win when the other team can almost effortlessly march down the field in less than 2 minutes.

ETA: Mexal, just ignore Zadok. His posts aren't worth the pixels they take up.

What an amazing out pouring here.

Brady played very very cruddy for 3 quarters; the defense was the only thing keeping us in that thing. We had the turnover (3 by Brady, one by soon-to-be-former-Patriot Julian Eddleman); the missed field goal. Then Brady took the game over in the fourth quarter. Took the lead with ~1:30 left to play. All we have to do is hold them from an 80 yard drive. The Defense- which had been playing so well so well for 3.5 quarters -just reverted to form. They blew. Sergio Brown went stupid on us (thank God we cut all of our defensive backfield- Merriweather, Boden, etc; I hope that works out for us); the last two drives came down to our defensive backs committing horrible penalties because they are terrible.

This was two games; The first game the Pats D played great, but the Offense was horrid; the inverse in the last 5 minutes. That last TD was the LB biting on the play-action pass. WTF?! You think they're gonna run it there?

After the Superbowl.... I mean ... do we always leave too much time on the clock for the the Mannings? Peyton, now Eli?

Comments on the rest of the game once I repair my TV.

Then you missed the 2nd half when the Bengals defense completely shut down the Titans and the offense scored 2 TDs on great drives to come back. Games tend to last two halves.

Another wonderful ignorant comment from Zadok. No surprise.

Wow they shut down the Titans offense, another in a long line of the leagues most inept they've been playing all season long. I guess the good news in the AFC is that for 4 potential playoff spots there are only 6 teams that have any kind of chance at them, and 2 of those teams are the Bills and the Bengals.

Wow they shut down the Titans offense, another in a long line of the leagues most inept they've been playing all season long. I guess the good news in the AFC is that for 4 potential playoff spots there are only 6 teams that have any kind of chance at them, and 2 of those teams are the Bills and the Bengals.

For a team that was widely considered the worst in the league during the preseason, I think we're doing alright. I don't care who we play as we long as we keep winning.

The anger that zadok has towards the Bengals is very puzzling. Did a Bengal tiger maul your dad in a freak circus accident? And I don't mean a freak circus. That would be unfortunate too.

No, the Bengals probably aren't astounding. But they are playing competitively against all the people they face, and they're playing consistently. They might not set the world on fire but it's pretty clear they're on the right track.

Oh wait...I know. Zadok's parents were killed by a flashmob doing the Icky shuffle, weren't they?

Why is anger towards any team but the one you root for puzzling? The people posting about "other teams they like" make me sick. You're supposed to hate every other team. Also, they're a fraudulent team that has lucked out to the point where it will be very difficult for them to finish with less than 9 wins no matter how bad they play the rest of the way.

Archived