First Extended Trailer for Season 2

Westeros

Davos is played by Liam Cunningham,an Irish actor who is perfectly cast and will do a great job as Davos.

Google him.The rest is up to you!

Oh yeah, I already knew that. I've been keeping up with who is playing who... I just selfishly wanted to see him in the promo (more than standing to the side ;-))

Well, well, the eunuch seems to get his place in the spotlight. Very good. Considering Varys's screentime in the book, Conleth Hill should be updated to regular cast in this season. He should shine as long as he can...

That Cat-Littlefinger thing really got to me. It was kind of irritating that Littlefinger was still fixed on Catelyn back in 'You win or you die'. And it was also irritating that Tyrion and Catelyn never discussed the dagger on screen in the series. But now, if Littlefinger and Catelyn should really clash in the next season, things could really become interesting. I guess this might actually foreshadow another meeting between

Littlefinger and Catelyn in the books

The question is how they play off the Littlefinger-Tyrion-relationship, and also how a certain assassination attempt is going to shown.

Finally got 2 tiny glimpses of Brienne

Don't know why they dance around Brienne with micro second frame cuts, well it will be interesting to see the final coming season promo.

For instance they must be working triple time on the CGI work, because we almost see less of Dany than Brienne.

A lot of of post processing needed for the East action.

I am thinking dragons, if they have that ready for the Super Bowl next week it would be sensational, but not sure the VFX are that mature yet.

Have we seen Gemma Whelan yet?

The cast. The dialogue. The characters. The stories. That's what makes this so fucking brilliant. I'm in love with this series just as much as I love the books.

Varys' dialog about Sell Swords, that narrative kind of lost me?

It's a riddle he poses to Tyrion regarding the true source of power, I'm really glad they are using it.

Really liked the trailer, although the Cat/LF scene of course raises questions.

Dany's would-be "assertive" voice is grating ... ughh

The rest looks awesome. This is going to be a crazy season :

the Shadow Babies, Brienne, Battle of Black water, the Iron Born, North of the Wall, lots of Tyrion/Cersei interaction, Joff being a dick... Can't wait!!

Three episode titles got announced. At least I came upon them for the first time.

Episode 1 The North Remembers (Eeeexcellent :fencing: )

Episode 2 Nightlands (Shadow babies or too soon :blink: ?

Episodes from 3 to 8 are untitled so far

Episode 9 Blackwater

Episode 10 so far untitled too

I guess I'm in the minority then, as I thought Dany's line was the coolest part of the preview.

"I AM DAENERYS STORMBORN AND I WILL TAKE WHAT IS MINE, WITH FIRE AND BLOOD!"

Dany in ADWD could learn a few things from this Dany.

You are not the only one, I thought that was pretty awesome too. I agree that show Dany is going to kick so much more ass than book Dany. I can't wait to see her come into her own.

I guess I'm in the minority then, as I thought Dany's line was the coolest part of the preview.

"I AM DAENERYS STORMBORN AND I WILL TAKE WHAT IS MINE, WITH FIRE AND BLOOD!"

Dany in ADWD could learn a few things from this Dany.

Yeah no, I loved it as well. Got chills. Dany fucking rocks.

I don't like Melisandre at all. She just isn't hot and voluptuous, and she SHOULD be. This is the first time I've been seriously disappointed with a casting choice, and I'm taking it pretty hard. :/

I don't think Ran got a screencap of it in the gallery, but near the end of the trailer when there are a bunch of half-second scenes flashes, one of them is a woman with a ruby choker heaving and moaning...if you pause, I think you'll agree that she seems plenty voluptuous. :)

Ever so slightly hysterical voice of Daenerys gets on my nerves. Every second I expect her to start shaking with childish rage.

Disagree with that, although even if you feel that way she IS "still a young girl and untrained in the ways of war". They're probably trying to play that angle, much like that they did in the books.

Varys' dialog about Sell Swords, that narrative kind of lost me?

That whole quote is basically word-for-word from the book.

Oh yeah, WOW!!! This trailer was all I wanted and more. So much to take in! I'm going to cover everything I noticed, even though it's all probably been said, but I'm too excited for my own good.

1) Poor Sansa, this'll be tough to watch. Hopefully the Hound will perform his psuedo-heroics. Audiences are gonna somehow hate Joffrey even more.

2) Dinklage is going to own this season. Book 2 is by far Tyrion's best book, so much awesome stuff going on with him, especially the dynamic with him and Cersei. Curiously though, no Shae in this trailer...still not sure how they're handling her after her somewhat strange character introduction last season.

3) More Robb! Wooo!

4) Stannis and Mel both look spot on. A lot of the early trailers are focusing on the burning of the Seven, so we know that'll be a good introductory scene for both of them. Waiting for more Davos, though!

5) Arya...so badass. "Anyone can be killed."

6) Like everyone else, I'm curious about the Catelyn/Petyr exchange. Hopefully they don't ruin the timeline TOO much, but I trust in HBO.

7) No Bran/Winterfell, and very little Theon and Jon Snow. The wide shot of the Lands Beyond the Wall looked amazing, though. Iceland is gorgeous.

8) The brief shots we got of Dany look good, Qarth looks exotic enough for me so far. And her quote is awesome, as I mentioned above.

9) Oh and of course, Varys' quote making it in is just badass. I love how HBO seems to be continuing to stay faithful to the fundamental themes of the books.

Whew, this is so exciting! April first is such a long wait!!

I do actually have that screen capped. It's presently Melisandre's profile image, as well, in our Characters section. ;)

Is Carice van Houten voluptuous? Well, no, I suppose not. Is she beautiful? Yes. She's fine. It's the acting that matters, in the end.

This trailer was just... wow.

Varys' riddle, Tyrion's last line, Dany's line, the scenes beyond the wall, Cersei and Tyrion, Melisandre and Stannis, Renly and Margaery, Jeyne? speaking to Robb, Cat and Littlefinger, Arya, the burning of the seven. ALL of it was good.

I loved how Stannis was the King, Melisandre was the Priest, and Tywin was the rich man! And then there was that shot of Mel... I wonder if they were showing the birth of the shadowbaby, or the conception? :P

It seems to me like they've made Dany's storyline more dramatic, and hurried up a lot of her character development. She's only realised that she needs to take Westeros with fire and blood at the end of ADWD; in ACOK she's still very naive. I think this is a very good choice.

I see that a lot of people are unsure about the Cat/Littlefinger scene, but I think it's a brilliant move. Littlefinger is a main character in the show and he has very little to do this season, and without Cat's thoughts it will be a bit jarring to viewers if she seems to stop caring about who tried to kill Bran.

And it was also irritating that Tyrion and Catelyn never discussed the dagger on screen in the series.

Could be wrong, but I recall that they did. It was a brief conversation right before the hill tribes attack; Tyrion indicates that he would never be so stupid as to give his own (distinctive) dagger to an assassin.

But Littlefinger's name was never mentioned - and this is important on both sides (Cat starts to doubt Petyr, and Tyrion considers Littlefinger his enemy). Tyrion's friendship with Varys, and his enmity with Littlefinger should be important in the next season.

But I guess the real deal is that Littlefinger is going to switch from Cat to Sansa only after they met in Renly's camp.

Kept refreshing youtube every several seconds last night waiting for the new trailer, and it did not disappoint!

Only one thing: Did we see Asha Greyjoy in the trailer? I've gone through it several times and it doesn't look like she made an appearance which is a shame.

Archived