First Extended Trailer for Season 2

Westeros

I loved how Stannis was the King, Melisandre was the Priest, and Tywin was the rich man! And then there was that shot of Mel... I wonder if they were showing the birth of the shadowbaby, or the conception? :P

It seems to me like they've made Dany's storyline more dramatic, and hurried up a lot of her character development. She's only realised that she needs to take Westeros with fire and blood at the end of ADWD; in ACOK she's still very naive. I think this is a very good choice.

Is she not 'priestess' of R'hllor?

I would not mind if the producers strengthened Dany's character and picked up the pace of her story for a video series with only 10 episodes.

No Asha. Or even "Yara". Gah, what a name.

Yeah. So, I can sort of understand the reason for changing it for show-watchers who aren't book readers, since it's easy to hear things wrong.

But "Yara" just doesn't have the aural ferocity of "Asha," and that ferocity is such an important part of her character.

With the exception of Theon and the drowned priest there wa no Ironborn in the trailer, a shame as I would have liked to get at least some look at them

I was also hoping for a glimpse of Jaquen H'gar, but kinda figured they keep him as a suprise for the new season or just for later trailers.

Could be wrong, but I recall that they did. It was a brief conversation right before the hill tribes attack; Tyrion indicates that he would never be so stupid as to give his own (distinctive) dagger to an assassin.

Yea, I saw the show before reading the book and even then I got the impression that after they talked about it Cat wasn't so sure that she had the right man. They didn't talk long, but they did talk briefly, ending with Tyrion saying "Am I starting to make sense?"

I still don't understand the problem with renaming Asha. I prefer the name Asha to Yara, but Yara Greyjoy has quite a ring to it. The way I see it is that Theon is going to be interacting with both Osha and Asha, and perhaps the way the actor said them made them sound very similar. That would be confusing for anyone, not just people who haven't read the books.

Is she not 'priestess' of R'hllor?

Yes, but in Varys' story she fits the role of the "priest".

And everything has been said, but... the Hound has his 'black armor' back, so he lost his white cloak (and KG armor) or what?

Yeah I'm a bit perplexed about that. It sort of seems like they're not sticking with the KG part of his storyline. Shame because his fancy armor at the end of the first season looked sweet.

I still don't understand the problem with renaming Asha. I prefer the name Asha to Yara, but Yara Greyjoy has quite a ring to it. The way I see it is that Theon is going to be interacting with both Osha and Asha, and perhaps the way the actor said them made them sound very similar. That would be confusing for anyone, not just people who haven't read the books.

I don't have a problem with changing the name itself, and the similar sound makes a lot of sense. It's hard enough for new viewers to keep track of all the characters without the names sounding similar. and Yara is a pretty cool name, but for some reason it doesn't sound fierce to me like Asha does. Ultimately though, I think it'll be alright.

Trailer looks good. They've had to make certain character development and timing changes in order to help with the pacing of the tv series, but i'm ok with it.

The thing I never got was the whole Asha/yara thing. They can't think we're a terribly intelligent bunch if they feel we'll be confused by Asha and Osha. We're not idiots.

I wish there had been a good shot of Davos, and even Stannis looked kinda blurry. But having new footage is awesome.

Cersei's wig does look improved. I hope we get a good look at Margaery in the next trailer - I'm really curious about what kind of style Highgarden will have, since it would make sense to go for something really luxurious.

Seeing that also reminded me of what a tough season Sansa has in store. I think seeing this play out is going to be more difficult than reading it.

Yes, it's reignited my burning hate of Cersei. This is her idea of kind treatment? Joffrey is the child she adored above all others? Riiight. Joffrey is a legitimate psycho, what's Cersei's excuse?

great &awesome :drool: :bowdown:

And everything has been said, but... the Hound has his 'black armor' back, so he lost his white cloak (and KG armor) or what? ;)

Actually I think there was a shot of him with his old armor but wearing a white cloak. After all, that cloak is important.

No Asha. Or even "Yara". Gah, what a name.

It's all Martin's fault. I have been re-reading ACOK and

there is a point where Theon thinks something negative about Osha, compares her to Asha, and has the thought "even their names sounded similar" or something along those lines.

Darn you George, you planted this in their minds!

(Mostly sarcastic)

So go from "Asha" (too close to "Osha") to "Yara" (almost as close to "Arya")... :dunno:

As for the trailer it looks fantastic. Cat/LF stood out immediately and I'm hoping it makes sense somehow, but everything else has me extremely excited!

SQUEEEEE

I am perhaps a little overexcited, but yeah.... it all looks awesome. At first I thought the Cat/ Petyr scene must just have been some clever editing, but I've been back and rewatched it a few times, and if it is editing, it's very well done, their movements match, the lighting matches. I assume it must be in the Renly/ Tyrell camp- maybe Petyr is sent to treat with Renly to get rid of Stannis and the Northerners, to explain why she is there early? Perhaps Cat leaves after Brienne and catches up with her later? It seems unlikely that Petyr would end up in Robb's warcamp, after all... If it isn't the same scene, though, who is threatening LF?

Either way, I am pleased that the series will follow LF outside of KL, rather than just have him disappear for half the series.

Overall, it looks awesome.

It's all Martin's fault. I have been re-reading ACOK and

there is a point where Theon thinks something negative about Osha, compares her to Asha, and has the thought "even their names sounded similar" or something along those lines.

Darn you George, you planted this in their minds!

(Mostly sarcastic)

I loved that line, it would have been perfect to have had Theon say that line to Black Lorren or Reek if he shows up when Osha escapes with Bran and Rickon.

The rest of the trailer looks really, really good. The guy they have playing Varys is just perfect. Not sure whats up with the Cat/Littlefinger scene. Littlefinger doesn't go to bitterbridge until Renly is dead.

Also, I am worried about Margaery's role. I hope they don't make her too important. WHy would Littlefinger goes treat with her? It was Mace Tyrell and the Queen of Thorns he treats with at Highgarden. I know Marg is a schemer, but its pretty damn unlikely a 16 year old girl (or however old she's supposed to be in the show) would speak for one of the most powerful families in the realm when her father is one of the richest lords. Just nitpicking i know, but i'm just not that into Marg having an enhanced role (yes i've seen the Tudors, but they should have found a different role for Dormer)

So go from "Asha" (too close to "Osha") to "Yara" (almost as close to "Arya")... :dunno:

As I've pointed out, Theon interacts with both Asha and Osha; he does not interact with Arya. It could be that Alfie Allen's pronunciation of the names made it difficult to differentiate between them.

Also, I am worried about Margaery's role. I hope they don't make her too important. WHy would Littlefinger goes treat with her? It was Mace Tyrell and the Queen of Thorns he treats with at Highgarden. I know Marg is a schemer, but its pretty damn unlikely a 16 year old girl (or however old she's supposed to be in the show) would speak for one of the most powerful families in the realm when her father is one of the richest lords. Just nitpicking i know, but i'm just not that into Marg having an enhanced role (yes i've seen the Tudors, but they should have found a different role for Dormer)

With no POV characters, it would be silly for Margaery to not be a main character -- particularly as she'll be needed in future seasons. I don't imagine she'll be as major as Cat/Tyrion/Dany/Jon/Stannis, but I think she'll have the same level as Littlefinger/Renly/Loras.

I'd assume that Margaery is supposed to be about 20 in the show, as Dany has been aged up to about 18 (which pushed the rebellion back five years).

Archived