First Extended Trailer for Season 2

Westeros

I'm convinced that they're going to be changing the plot a lot more than they did in Season 1. I'm fine with this, as long as it's done in a way that makes the whole plot move forward.

Because, let's not kid around, HBO has millions at stake. They're going to need to swap things around to keep the lull of aDwD from bringing ratings down.

They're probably going to be changing things, just like they did in season 1, and GRRM has mentioned that he thinks the show will deviate progressively more from the books each season (though I think he thinks that is just because it's the nature of adaptation and the plots get continually more numerous), and they may make some changes with an eye towards things down the road, but I don't really think that ADwD is going to have much effect on S2. And HBO doesn't make money off of ratings like the networks: they make money off of subscriptions (and any subscriptions GoT helps generate will be based off of earlier seasons at the time ADwD-adapted material is airing), selling the show to foreign TV stations (which sales happen in advance of the season airing, so people won't know that the material is boring until after those foreign stations have already paid for it), and iTunes/DVD/Blu-ray (and even if interest in the show falls off, in the end HBO will package the whole series into a boxset and people will still buy it even if they didn't like the latter seasons as much. Look at the 'Sopranos': I'm sure it's still selling even though the enthusiasm for the show waned over its run).

I'm convinced that they're going to be changing the plot a lot more than they did in Season 1. I'm fine with this, as long as it's done in a way that makes the whole plot move forward.

Because, let's not kid around, HBO has millions at stake. They're going to need to swap things around to keep the lull of aDwD from bringing ratings down.

Same here. If they need to change things around, I'm fine with it. In season 1 they did--but at the same time, they stayed true to the books. TV is a different medium, and I think they did a great job in Season 1!!

I trust 'em with Season 2 :)

I don't like Melisandre at all. She just isn't hot and voluptuous, and she SHOULD be. This is the first time I've been seriously disappointed with a casting choice, and I'm taking it pretty hard. :/

Erm.... I'm not sure if you've taken a look at the actress who plays Melisandre, but if she doesn't qualify as hot for you, you might make good friends with Renly and Loras.

Erm.... I'm not sure if you've taken a look at the actress who plays Melisandre, but if she doesn't qualify as hot for you, you might make good friends with Renly and Loras.

As far as Melisandre goes i agree with the post you were replying to, the woman they have is beautiful but not the type of beauty that was described in the books. I have no doubt that the actress got the job because of her acting ability and we all probably have to commend her on her performance, but she does not have the look i think most of us envisioned for Melisandre based on her descriptions.

2 big things i noticed in the trailer that stood out were these.

1. for a split second while Danaerys is whinning we see a group of men, from what i could tell i saw Xaro Xhoan Daxos in the back of the crowd not hard to miss really the actor playing him is a monster. But the front is what interested me, it looks like ther is a man bald and short and chubby im thiking Strong Belwas only i wish they had gone for a middle eastern actor for him, then just behind him we see a man pretty much all in white with a hod and a beard and a long White Walking stick. Im not gonna say who i think it is in case someone who hasn't read the second book reads this, but all you guys who have read the book know who i believe that man is :).

2. This one is huge and i know im not the only one who spotted it,

The biggest thing was seeing Cat and Littlefinger together, thats fucked even though im spoiler tagging this im not gonna say why it's fucked again anyone who has read the ACoK knows why this is fucked.

2. This one is huge and i know im not the only one who spotted it,

yes! That has gotta be a pretty damn good plot rewrite there!! Will he be the first to point the blame at Brienne right after.. for that _other thing_ about to go down?

... actually, Sansa's dress ripping happening in middle of court full of people is a bit of chara redeveloping too... They did that with Cersei last season - a tiny change suddenly puts a different light. Tho in this case it makes Joff much more of a douchebag seen by more! hoorah!

Actually I think there was a shot of him with his old armor but wearing a white cloak. After all, that cloak is important.

yeah i know the cloak is very imp **coughcoughfutureweddingsymbolismmaybe?coughcough**, and i think i know which scene you're refering to. When sansa is in the throne room being humiliated we get some moments of sandor standing in front of her in the old dark armor but he has his cloak on, so maybe he will use it then to cover her..?

yeah i know the cloak is very imp **coughcoughfutureweddingsymbolismmaybe?coughcough**, and i think i know which scene you're refering to. When sansa is in the throne room being humiliated we get some moments of sandor standing in front of her in the old dark armor but he has his cloak on, so maybe he will use it then to cover her..?

So everything i have seen with The Hound for season 2 has him wearing his original black armor, i think the only reason they bothered to put him in Kings Guard armor in season 1 was because they didn't know at the time they would get a season 2. I believe they did it just for continuity in case a season 2 never happened, cus in the books if i remember correctly he never wears Kings Guard armor at all except for the white cape, which has some real significance if they keep the story on par with the book.

yes! That has gotta be a pretty damn good plot rewrite there!! Will he be the first to point the blame at Brienne right after.. for that _other thing_ about to go down?

... actually, Sansa's dress ripping happening in middle of court full of people is a bit of chara redeveloping too... They did that with Cersei last season - a tiny change suddenly puts a different light. Tho in this case it makes Joff much more of a douchebag seen by more! hoorah!

That is the only thing i can think of where they would be together in that tent, it has to be at that camp down by that castle where some important stuff happens. I don't mean to be so cryptic i just don't want to spoil anything for anyone and lets face it everyone reads those damn spoiler tags anyway.

They're probably going to be changing things, just like they did in season 1, and GRRM has mentioned that he thinks the show will deviate progressively more from the books each season (though I think he thinks that is just because it's the nature of adaptation and the plots get continually more numerous), and they may make some changes with an eye towards things down the road, but I don't really think that ADwD is going to have much effect on S2. And HBO doesn't make money off of ratings like the networks: they make money off of subscriptions (and any subscriptions GoT helps generate will be based off of earlier seasons at the time ADwD-adapted material is airing), selling the show to foreign TV stations (which sales happen in advance of the season airing, so people won't know that the material is boring until after those foreign stations have already paid for it), and iTunes/DVD/Blu-ray (and even if interest in the show falls off, in the end HBO will package the whole series into a boxset and people will still buy it even if they didn't like the latter seasons as much. Look at the 'Sopranos': I'm sure it's still selling even though the enthusiasm for the show waned over its run).

There is enough action in Westeros in COK to make all 10 episodes there!

Except for the House of the Undying things meander in the East. Makes interesting reading in the novel, but , what action in the East would be way played down in a teleplay adaptation. They are going to have to hype something about Dany.

GOT had a lot of character set up in the East, but COK just does not.

GOT built to a wiz bang end with episode 10 that counterpointed episode 9.

Unless they do something creative with the Eastern story it's going to seem to drift.

There is also Arya's story which is a ripping yarn across both COK and SOS. I don't know how they are going to deal with that, it's needs no fixing.

When we get to SOS it almost seems all the big action is with Dany and the East, I mean it's wiz bang!

In Westeros it's all back to Byzantine intrigue, yeah there are several punctuated plot moments.

Lord knows what they are going to do with FOC and ADwD?

I think I could probably devise a way around this: make it somebody else's wedding. BOOM! Fixed! They could make it Roose Bolton's wedding, which actually would be kind of cool. But yeah, there would certainly be reasons to bring Edmure into the fray in S3. But they could probably do without him: just say that Hoster has no living sons, and Robb is the heir to Riverrun.

If they make it roose's wedding, they would probably have to do away with the bedding in order to have him go "Jamie Lannister sends his regards" that seems like it will be a really important line.

I think that they can do without Riverrun until the 3rd season. Edmure doesn't do anything super important until then, The only thing i remember is that mini battle he had with some of tywins troops.

If u look closely,u will see he is next to greywind.i think they are showing how he discovers the old goat path to oxbridge.

They did mention the season would end with the RW (at least in the comic con back in 2011) - could be from that. :cries:

They did mention the season would end with the RW (at least in the comic con back in 2011) - could be from that. :cries:

That's a awful lot of story to get to in ten episodes. since it happens about halfway through ASOS. Also don't think it'll happen since the Battle of Blackwater is going to be episode 8 or something.

Love this trailer, watched it a few times. + points n that.

+ Every indication so far suggests Maisie has nailed it as Arya again for this series.

+ The scene where Snow is looking out. As much as I loved the first series, it was quite insular. We didn't get a lot of wide shots of terrain etc - shots like these make the world feel more real.

+ Varys' dialogue. He's an important character, and they've cast him well. Tyrion looks awesome again as well - his facial expressions are great.

Only real gripe was that every trailer has Daenerys shouting about something or other. I don't remember her being that angry in the books. Assertive, sure, but angry? She just sounds like it's her time of the month, all of the time.

No, they never said that. They did mention that they'll feel the show will be a success--or something along those lines--if they get to the RW at some point. But it certainly won't be in season 2; it might end season 3.

no, if i recall correctly whay david benioff said at the comic con was that if the show reached the RW scene, then he would be content to end it at that, but he was refering to season 3. i even read somewhere that since book 3 might be split into 2, then the first part would end with the RW and the second one with Tywin in the privy... so at least there is a big posibility of having a third season, i guess..!

I think I could probably devise a way around this: make it somebody else's wedding. BOOM! Fixed! They could make it Roose Bolton's wedding, which actually would be kind of cool. But yeah, there would certainly be reasons to bring Edmure into the fray in S3. But they could probably do without him: just say that Hoster has no living sons, and Robb is the heir to Riverrun.

But the story would lose quite a lot of scope. With Edmure being wedded to Rosline and possibly having sons Freys have some sort of legal claim on Riverrun. And it adds to the loss Catelyn (and the reader feels). In one event lives are lost, North is beaten, Riverrun passes to some tribe of idiots.

But the story would lose quite a lot of scope. With Edmure being wedded to Rosline and possibly having sons Freys have some sort of legal claim on Riverrun. And it adds to the loss Catelyn (and the reader feels). In one event lives are lost, North is beaten, Riverrun passes to some tribe of idiots.

Yeah, but scope is being lost anyway: it's hard to make the show with all the myriad details of the books. The Freys can just as easily be

Spoiler
made lords of the riverlands as payment for their part in the RW (that's pretty close to the way it happens in the books, anyway, cause it's some Frey who's married to a Lannister that is the lord of Riverrun in AFfC).

no, if i recall correctly whay david benioff said at the comic con was that if the show reached the RW scene, then he would be content to end it at that, but he was refering to season 3. i even read somewhere that since book 3 might be split into 2, then the first part would end with the RW and the second one with Tywin in the privy... so at least there is a big posibility of having a third season, i guess..!

Oh, ok, well my bad then, I misinterpreted it. I was bummed hearing that since they would've skipped SO much material to end season 2 with the RW. I feel better now, thanks guys.

Archived