Walkind Dead Season 2 (continued)

Mark Antony

No kidding. That magazine holds 5 rounds, with one in the chamber. That's right, 5 flipping rounds and yet he is out there shooting up the horde like the A Team. Stuff like that really bothers me. They start getting real with plot then they pull this type of crap.

Andrea got the shaft. But at leash she met Mrs. Colder Hands at the end there.

If that wasn't intentional, that was great. If it was intentional, that's awesome! :lol:

I agreed with the voters at The Talking Dead that THAT was the most awesome scene. Hence my :eek: smilie. Not having read the GN, I can't wait to find out what THAT'S about.

Lori's reaction didn't surprise me. I think she had lingering feelings for Shane, and while she told Rick that he was dangerous and needed to be handled, it's a whole other thing to actually have to face Shane's death at Rick's hand (and second death at Carl's hand).

Speaking of limitations on supply, I noticed that they finally ran out of gas! I was wondering when that would happen, since they were supposedly short on gas as far back as the CDC in Season One. Now they're going to be short on ammo, particularly since Herschel's CarnEval-esque Unlimited Round Shotgun finally ran out of ammo.* :D

There was a bunch of badass shooting in that episode, but Herschel really takes the top spot in terms of killing zombies. Darryl was pretty bad-ass too, head-shooting zombies one-handed with a pistol from 30-40 feet away.

* My only real rationalization was that he was reloading when we shifted to other characters, and we just didn't see it.

If that wasn't intentional, that was great. If it was intentional, that's awesome! :lol:

I agreed with the voters at The Talking Dead that THAT was the most awesome scene. Hence my :eek: smilie. Not having read the GN, I can't wait to find out what THAT'S about.

Wasn't intentional at all. I saw the typo and went in to change it but didn't have the heart! I thought the end with Andrea was pretty cool and it kinda made me not hate it so much for all the inaccurate shoot out crud (shotguns that never go empty, head shots from bouncing fast moving cars and such).

I ordered the collected graphic novel paperback (first 48 issues). After the end, I'm not sure if I'm going to read it or wait until the end of next season.

Lori is dangerous because she undermines any real stability as long as she can't decide who she wants, or who can better take care of her.

She's taken care of with Shane, and then Rick comes back.

Shane starts to go over the edge when Rick comes back and rises to supremacy in the group. Lori re-discovers her love for Rick, (I assume they were having problems before the outbreak), now she wants Shane gone and blames him for them, goes on a whispering campaign against Shane, but when it looks like Shane could be pulling away, (trying out Andrea), all of a sudden, she's pulling him back in.

She is the reason Rick had to kill Shane, and that was after the first couple of times Shane tried to kill Rick, though only Dale knew about the first time in the woods.

I wish Maggie, or Andrea would clock her.

Was wondering the same thing. Samurai sword or Katana should be a great weapon against the undead. What's the deal with the foreshadowing of the prison for next season? Is that their refuge, where they get to hunker down?

There's a cool story behind Michonne. Only reveal if you want to know what the deal is with her zombie pets.

Her zombie pets are her dead boyfriend and her boyfriend's friend. When they both turned to zombies, Michonne cut off their jaws and arms, so they wouldn't be able to eat her, and she leads them around on leashes so that other zombies won't notice her -- zombies won't notice her when she's sandwiched between two other zombies.

I know this was Ricks "Ned Stark" moment when he told them they were infected.

I prefer honesty myself- maybe because I'm not good at lying, or I just think people have the right to the correct information to make their own choices, but I don't think I would have told them about the infection, because I'm not sure what good, at this point, it would serve.

Am I wrong about this? :unsure:

I know this was Ricks "Ned Stark" moment when he told them they were infected.

I prefer honesty myself- maybe because I'm not good at lying, or I just think people have the right to the correct information to make their own choices, but I don't think I would have told them about the infection, because I'm not sure what good, at this point, it would serve.

Am I wrong about this? :unsure:

Well, knowing the truth means they're not going to be caught off guard by an attack when people die now. They might have just dismissed Randal as having scratches under his clothes that brought him back. Now they know to protect themselves if somebody has died from something other than brain damage.

hmm, i thought this week would be really good,as last week's was much better than the rest of the season. I was confident they were doing the season 3 sons of anarchy thing, where they have the great ending but do a poor job of bringing us there.

but this week seemed like the most plot-holey episode yet. not just the shooting and the barn that was clearly pre-soaked in gasoline. The zombies attacked the farm while it was pitch black out. When they drive to the road, it's 7am at the earliest. How far away was that? Zombie Sophia did some walking.

Then when they're driving, Rick says that he noticed he was low an hour ago. NIce of him so say something. So they stop, and he insists they wait till tomorrow. Huh? it's the middle of the day right now? What will be different tomorrow? They'll have the same amount of cars. and that's just a few of the "wait, what?" moments this week

I guess the problem is that they have this emotional scene they want to get to, in this case Rick's speech. But the only way they can think of to get there is something ridiculous. But then it undercuts the moment cause you're still laughing from the dumb thing someone just did.

They need to ditch the idea of sticking Carol with Daryl. Michonne needs to use her feminine wiles to show Daryl racism is wrong, and he should be a good person and not be mean and stuff. Two badasses on that scale need to be together and make babies for this new world.

OR,

Maybe Andrea and Michonne get together, and they train the babies born into this world........ ;)

Yay! Our samurai friend! Jawless walkers on chains! Party time!

Lori...what can I say that hasn't been said before?

Seriously. She's not watching TV or checking her stock portfolio. What are you doing with your night? They share a fucking room. She would have to be activly avoiding him. Why isn't she with Carl? Play a game of go fish with the kid for christ's sake. Crisis averted.

They should recruit us as a quality control focus group. We'd have that show tight in short order.

"Herchel needs to reload"

"It shouldn't be daylight yet"

"That zombie is way too stealthy"

"Lori needs to be doing something important while Carl is roaming the country"

Problem solved.

Wow what a massacre.

Pretty exciting show tonight. I really do hate Lori for the mentioned reasons. How can they make a character so unlikable? Sophie's mom is annoying but I guess she is the balance Daryl needs. I would be shocked with the news Rick delivered but I don't see the point in reproaching him for it. What difference did it make? Would they have liked to know then so they might have made an informed decision at the CDC and let themselves be blown up?

So I did a quick search on the samurai chick and it said she was a similar character to Andrea in that she was an attorney who is adapting to the zombie Apocalypse. Is that to imply she is a self taught samurai? That is full on retarded if that is the case. One does not simply pick up a sword and become a samurai.

Wow, awesome ending. There was serious tension with who would live and who wouldn't. There were some plot holes and clunks, but overall it was excellent.

I think tensions over group leadership are going to be interesting. Personally, I think Darryl would be best. Rick has been too mercurial as leader, even before he had to eliminate Shane.

Regarding 'everyone is infected', have we seen anyone get bit and then zombify? I think we would have noticed if the dead were only the only ones zombifying.

Archived