Walkind Dead Season 2 (continued)

Mark Antony

This is what a TV show about a zombie apocalypse is supposed to look like.

I thought some of the exact same things with the gun reloading, and then I just told myself that Hershel probably just modified the shotgun to self load clips that pour down from his sleeve because he is a John Wayne bad ass.

I actually cheered when Daryl charged in on his hog and picked up Carrol. I know that there is a lot of sentiment against those two getting together, but I am squarely in the Daryl/Carrol camp.

A couple of things that I noticed in the dumbass department.

1. Did anyone think that there might need to be an evacuation plan? With a couple of elementary type fire drills, everything could have gone a million times smoother. Even if they didn't make great plans, wouldn't it have been nice if everybody knew where to meet up if they got separated?

2. If you know you are low on gas, why wouldn't you siphon off gas from the car graveyard in the middle of the highway BEFORE you leave? There were hundreds of cars there. a few of them had to have some petrol.

lol I was thinking the same thing about the gas siphoning. I can't believe they wouldn't be opening trunks to find gas canisters, filling the canisters if empty and stocking up considering that is part of the little salvation they have. Oh well, thankfully these aren't the sort of zombies who yearn for brains...

1. Did anyone think that there might need to be an evacuation plan? With a couple of elementary type fire drills, everything could have gone a million times smoother. Even if they didn't make great plans, wouldn't it have been nice if everybody knew where to meet up if they got separated?

This is usually known as a 'rally point' in the military, and yes, it would have been a good idea.

Other good ideas:

• Storing food/water/clothes/maps/weapons in the vehicles.
  • Having Hershel or his family go over the geography around his farm.
  • Have a 'what should we do if we get separated plan.
  • Have some sort of last ditch defense against the zombies plan.
  • Determine where the good fallback locations are(farms, small towns, etc)

2. If you know you are low on gas, why wouldn't you siphon off gas from the car graveyard in the middle of the highway BEFORE you leave? There were hundreds of cars there. a few of them had to have some petrol.

Yep. Or maybe take the fuel truck from the country maintenance facility.

Season Finale Recap:

Shot opens in Atlanta: a group of walkers are feasting on what looks like Rick's horse, or what's left of it, when they're startled by the sound of a helicopter flying overhead. The horde migrates over several days, weeks, a great distance, and eventually comes to a fence. The fence bows and breaks under the relentless forward motion of the walkers. The herd presses on. Wandering aimlessly in the forest, the walkers turn as a gunshot goes off like a beacon, leading them to dinner. Soon they are closing in on Rick and Carl, as they leave the scene of Shane's murder.

Daryl and Glenn arrive back at the farmhouse. They explain that they heard a gunshot, and share their confounding findings about Randall.

As they walk back to the house, Carl asks Rick about what happened to Shane. Soon after, they notice the walkers bearing down on them, and it's not long before they are overtaken and have to make a run for the barn. Back at the house, the rest of the survivors are just figuring out that Carl is missing and walkers are approaching. Lori is panicking. Hershel passes out the guns.

The horde is making quick work of the barn. Rick dumps gasoline everywhere, busts open the door to lure the zombies inside, and climbs up to the loft with Carl. Carl drops a lighter into the gasoline-soaked hay, igniting everything in sight. Meanwhile, the men and Andrea shoot from their cars in a futile attempt to corral the herd and buy time.

Finally, Daryl figures out that Rick and Carl must be in the barn, and instructs Jimmy to drive the RV to the barn to rescue them. Rick and Carl manage to barely escape, while Jimmy is devoured inside the RV. Blood is everywhere, coating the windshield.

The survivors are starting to run out of ammo. The horde is too large.The women hold hands and make a run for it as Hershel makes a last stand for the farmhouse. They are just about clear when Patricia is attacked from the side and is devoured while Beth is still holding onto her.

Carol is headed off by a few walkers and backed into a corner with nothing but a plank of wood to defend herself. Andrea saves her but is attacked from behind and gets pinned under a walker. T-dog pulls his car around, but quickly has to leave the scene with Beth and Lori before the car is overtaken.

Glenn tells Maggie that the farm is lost; they have to get off the farm, now. Hershel comes to the same realization, almost too late, as a walker sneaks up from behind. Rick saves Herschel and they along with Carl head out in their own direction. Glenn and Maggie take off as well. Daryl finds Carol about to collapse from running, and they speed off together on Daryl's motorcycle. Andrea is abandoned. The barn collapses into the flames. And we're not even halfway done.

The group is now scattered. Glenn and Maggie switch places in the car as Maggie breaks down and can't continue driving. Glenn says they need to make their way to the highway, but Maggie protests that the herd came from that direction. Glenn finally tells Maggie that he loves her.

Rick, Carl, and Hershel arrive at the highway, where they left the care package for Sophia, hoping that the others will think to rendezvous here. Hershel is ready to part ways, but Rick wants to stick together.

Lori and T-Dog argue over where to drive. T-Dog wants to head to the coast, but Lori threatens to jump out of the car if he doesn't turn around and go back to the highway.

A walker appears on the highway. Rick is about to give up on waiting any longer, but… in the nick of time, the other survivors arrive. Time for a head count:

Shane - dead

Andrea - missing

Patricia - taken by the walkers

Jimmy - splattered all over the RV

Meanwhile, Andrea is running for her life in the woods, but the walkers pursue her tirelessly. She can't keep this up for long. Walkers are emerging from the trees in random directions as Andrea shoots to clear a path.

The survivors leave the highway, pushing onward, but soon run out of gas. Several people start to panic and are on the verge of giving up. Rick tries to pull everyone together. The conversation turns to Randall and Shane. Rick has to come clean. He reveals that the secret Jenner whispered to him at the CDC was that everyone is a carrier of the infection. The group is not happy that Rick has kept this from them.

Lori and Rick talk privately. Rick tells her what went down with Shane, and confesses that it wasn't just self-defense… he wanted Shane dead, he was tired of Shane dogging him and acting like Rick stole Lori and Carl from him. Lori freaks out when she finds out Carl's role in Shane's death and withdraws from Rick, refusing to let him touch her.

Andrea is exhausted. This is the end of the line. She can't carry her gun-bag any longer, her pistol is out of ammo -- she bashes in a walker's head with it -- now she's down to knives, another walker practically on top of her… enter Michonne to save Andrea at the last minute, towing two armless walkers in chains, samurai sword in hand.

The rest of the survivors set up camp in the middle of nowhere. They may have found each other again amid the chaos, but the group is still broken. Many are ready to run off into the dark and leave Rick behind, fend for themselves. They are on the verge of splitting up again, when Rick takes back control... he says they're not going anywhere; he killed his best friend for them. This isn't a democracy anymore.

The camera pans up… in the distance looms a prison facility.

HOW do you know this stuff? You must work on the show or something. Damn.

The finale was amazing. I don't really mind the slow pace of the first arc now, because when the farm got overrun, it had much more impact than it would have if it had happened in ep 5 or something. We, the audience, had been waiting for the zombies to swarm over those idyllic green fields ever since they first arrived there, to the point that I wasn't sure it was going to happen. Then BAM. I even felt a little bit sad when the barn went up in flames, so many good times in there...

My hatred for Lori is continually growing. I can't really tell if the writers are intending to make her so detestable, because there are times when I think I'm supposed to be feeling sorry for her, but... nope. Nada.

And T-Dawg SPOKE! For like 30 seconds! Really getting to know him.

Are Andrea & hooded ninja going to rendezvous with the rest of the group?

Random thoughts;

- God, this show is so much better when noone is talking. The battle for the farm was great.

- What a shock it was seeing Anonymous Farm Dude and Slightly Older Blonde Woman get killed. I will remember them as fondly as Anonymous Suicidal Black Woman and Hispanic Family from season 1.

- When the group consisting of Lori, Carol, Slightly Older Blonde Woman and Blonde Girl made a break for it together I actually leaned forward and started whispering "Yessss, YESSSSSS", practically praying they'd all get wiped out. Alas, it was not to be.

- Is Carol the most useless person to ever survive this long in a post apocalyptic society? She didn't even have a gun. I think her and Blonde Girl were the only survivors who didn't manage to kill a single zombie.

- Every time Carl talks I say "Shut up Carl" the same way Jeff Winger does too Leonard in Community.

- Seeing Hershel doing his best Hudson-from-Aliens impersonation was pretty badass, I must admit.

- Hooded Katanna Person's introduction was also pretty badass.

- Daryl being cool and calm throughout was the third pretty badass thing.

- "This isn't a democracy", was the fourth. I hope Rick starts wearing a crown and insisting that everyone call him God-Emperor Rick the First from now on. I'm pretty sure Daryl and T-Dogg would go along with it.

- T-Dogg drove the HELL out of that truck. Probably picked up those skills in Georgia, maybe Atlanta specifically.

- That was pretty sweet when Lori got bit and turned into a zombie, and then the whole group took turns stamping Zombie Lori into mush. It's possible I fantasised this.

Also, how the hell did everyone become a fucking USMC sniper? Do they ever miss the head shot.

'That's my Boy!'

-Lori, mother of the year.

Yeah I've noticed that through-out the season. In fact the last epsiode I saw (week behind in the UK), the kid hitting shane in the head from 20 feet in the pitch dark, with a gun thats surely to big for him to grip properly, was little bit scene breaking for me.

I even felt a little bit sad when the barn went up in flames, so many good times in there...

Funniest thing ever. I could go for a scene where the group reminisces about the good times in the barn. "Yeah, then we shot Sophia and waterboarded some random kid. Cheers."

Hershel surviving was great, especially since he was almost *meant* to go down on the farm.

Andrea is getting a lot cooler. The actress playing her is really capable of playing a survivor.

- "This isn't a deomcracy", was the fourth. I hope Rick starts wearing a crown and insisting that everyone call his God-Emperor Rick the First from now on. I'm pretty sure Darl and T-Dogg would go along with it.

:bowdown:

There really isn't any justification, other than the writers wanting to create suspense, for Rick to not tell everyone what Jenner said, even if he thought it may have just been crazy babble. The mere suggestion is need to know information, if anyone died of natural causes in the RV or had an accident while out looking for Sophia it could have lead to more deaths. You are in a zombie apocalypse, you can't withold something that important for fear of upsetting people.

Lot of maybe interesting implications about returning to life regardless of how you die. I am thinking if Lori dies it could be quite a grizzly ending.

Also from the end of epsiode 12, Shane was having some sort of vision before he got back up, is there a possible hive mind thing going on with the zombies. I thought those little flashes were quite interesting. It could also explain why zombies herd.

Sure you can, if it makes people who are already on edge and uncertain about whether they'll be alive tomorrow have even less reason to live.

I don't buy that. The risk takes precedence. For all Rick knew, Dale could have had a heart attack in the RV, when they were in group searching for sophia someone could have fallen and broke their neck and the people with them would have tried to carry their body back, etc. It is irresponsible, people's safety should be paramount.

Yes, all of those things could have happened. They didn't. It's almost like there's a script these people are following or something.

Come on, we're talking character motivations, obvisouly those things didn't happen, I was throwing out hypotheticals for why Rick had little reason to keep that to himself, other than the heavy hand of the writers wanting to create suspense. It was to say the risk is greater than the fear of further crushing people's spirits. For all Rick knew anyone could have died at any time from non-zombie related causes and put others at risk. The group is completely justified in their anger.

- What a shock it was seeing Anonymous Farm Dude and Slightly Older Blonde Woman get killed. I will remember them as fondly as Anonymous Suicidal Black Woman and Hispanic Family from 1.

That dude dying made me laugh out loud. All of a sudden the zombies just came into the RV. I guess the door lock failed or whatever. The writers were like "We have the budget for a mutilation but I'll be damned if we give him a line. Viewers don't give two rips anyway." I'll miss him, whomever he was.

- T-Dogg drove the HELL out of that truck. Probably picked up those skills in Georgia' date=' maybe Atlanta specifically.

[/quote']

I ain't seen driving like that since the Dukes of Hazzard, also set in the vicinity of Georgia, maybe Atlanta specifically. Coincidence?? Regardless the group is capable of some wicked drive bys.

That dude dying made me laugh out loud. All of a sudden the zombies just came into the RV. I guess the door lock failed or whatever. The writers were like "We have the budget for a mutilation but I'll be damned if we give him a line. Viewers don't give two rips anyway." I'll miss him, whomever he was.

On the Talking Dead last night, they said that the dead dude in the RV was originally supposed to be the mutilated cow in the field when Dale died. I think that it was a good call to switch it up because I had a little more emotional attachment to the cow.

Archived