First Five Episode Titles and Details

Westeros

I honestly think they're just waiting to cast the Reeds until next season. They're really not necessary at this point, and don't become so until Bran's actual journey starts. They can still think of a way to fit them (or at least one of them) into the story later on. And I don't think Luwin is going to taker their place, that could easily just be shot of them walking around the grounds of Winterfell.

Wow, so Luwin will be taking place of the Reeds. But he isn't a greenseer...how will it work?

As mentioned, Luwin will be with Bran in S2, as he is with Bran in aCoK (and aGoT). That doesn't mean he is replacing anybody.

They will finish the fifth episode around chapter 38, out of the total 70 chapters of ACOK.

That's very interesting.

• 1 month later...

HBO released the titles and descriptions of episodes 6-9:

May 6: “The Old Gods and the New”

Theon completes his master stroke. In King’s Landing, the Lannisters send Myrcella from harm’s way in the nick of time. Arya comes face to face with a surprise visitor; Dany vows to take what is hers; Robb and Catelyn receive crucial news; Qhorin gives Jon a chance to prove himself.

May 13: “A Man Without Honor”

Jaime meets a distant relative;Dany receives an invitation to the House of the Undying; Theon leads a search party; Jon loses his way in the wilderness; Cersei counsels Sansa.

May 20: “The Prince of Winterfell”

At Winterfell, Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort. Arya calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him. Robb is betrayed. Tyrion and Varys find common ground. Dany ignores Jorah's advice. Stannis and Davos approach their destination, and Davos is offered a reward.

May 27: “Blackwater”

Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis’ fleet assaults King’s Landing.

Dany receives an invitation to the House of the Undying

You cant imagine my internal joy by reading this ! So glad we will have this damn scene !

Arya calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him.

Weasel soup ! So glad too !

Let's speculate what all this means

Theon completes his master stroke: His takeover of Winterfell?

Arya comes face to face with a surprise visitor: Jaq'en? Gotta be...

Robb and Catelyn receive crucial news: ?

Qhorin gives Jon a chance to prove himself: Probably climbing that peak and taking out the Wildling sentries.

Jaime meets a distant relative: Not a clue on this one

Theon leads a search party: Theon going after Bran and Rickon after their escape

At Winterfell, Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort: Asha/Yara

Arya calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him: Weasel soup! It's strange that it's that late, though. Is the Bolton take-over of Harrenhall skipped altogether? Roose has been cast, so wonder what his role will be

Robb is betrayed: Karstark killing the two Lannister captives? That would mean that Jaime's escape has been forwarded to season 2.

Qhorin gives Jon a chance to prove himself: Probably climbing that peak and taking out the Wildling sentries.

More when Jon volunteers to accompany him, I guess.

Jaime meets a distant relative: Not a clue on this one

Alton Lannister trying to free him ?

You cant imagine my internal joy by reading this ! So glad we will have this damn scene !

Weasel soup ! So glad too !

(1)That is Dany's only 'action' scene in CoK... actually I was thinking that since season 1 ended on dragons, so would season 2. I can see a natural one for season 3 also. But not so sure now.

(2)I hope they do Weasel Soup right , after Blackwater a scene that needs elaboration. We don't really know that Jaqen was totally displeased since that seemed to be the tipping point in getting Arya to Braavos, tho , must admit her adventure from that point takes another harrowing turn.

I am going to guess episode 10 takes it name from Arya and Jaqen's parting ... they can't skip Arya's adventures with the Hound!

Theon completes his master stroke: Takes Winterfell!

Arya comes face to face with a surprise visitor: Bettin Tywin Lannister, just because they'll want to use him more.

Robb and Catelyn receive crucial news: Maybe Winterfell... Or reaction to, would his love life have come into play yet?

Qhorin gives Jon a chance to prove himself: Attacking the small wildling party and a certain red-head.

Jaime meets a distant relative: Alton Lannister, subsequent escape?

Theon leads a search party: Theon finding Bran and Rickon, leading to a shock revelation

At Winterfell, Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort: Asha/Yara

Arya calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him: Weasel soup. Bolton arrives, next ep(?), Lanniter peeps are killed

Robb is betrayed: Karstark killing the Lannister captives? This isn't leaving Robb much to do next season should RW happen towards the end...

At a guess "Valar Morghulis"

Mirroring last years finale, everyones recieves news of the Stark childrens demise

Tyrion wakes up in pain, and finds Tywin returned

Ayra decides it's time to leave Harrenhal, takes Gendry Hotpie also

Theon looses control of Winterfell, begin the burning

Captured, Jon has to do the unthinkable

Reveal Bran and co in the crypts, final scene he leaves Wintefell

I hope "Blackwater" is just step by step one HUGE siege episode

Archived