Game of Thrones Renewed!

Westeros

There was a thread a while back where people speculated on the name of the RW episode and someone suggested Bread and Salt. I think that would be a perfect name for the episode.

Bread and Salt is far and away my favorite suggestion so far. Non-book fans would be all, like... uhhhh, what?

While this is great news, certainly, I wonder what the hold up was? I though for sure that we'd get seasons 3 and 4 and that's why they didn't instantly renew.

Either way I just hope they still plan to do two seasons for Storm.

Bread and Salt is far and away my favorite suggestion so far. Non-book fans would be all, like... uhhhh, what?

I agree. Before I read this, I would have gone with "The Guest Right", but I think "Bread and Salt" is far more evocative after the fact.

Non-readers would also get a nice "Ohshit" moment when Walder Frey says it to Catelyn.

I've been arguing with my brother, trying to convince him to hold off on reading the books; I finally got him to agree to hold off until after the Season 3 finale. It's going to be painful.

While this is great news, certainly, I wonder what the hold up was? I though for sure that we'd get seasons 3 and 4 and that's why they didn't instantly renew.

Either way I just hope they still plan to do two seasons for Storm.

From what it seems like, HBO goes with a half-marketing/half-prudency approach in regards to renewing shows. They announce it early enough so that the excitement can build throughout the rest of the season (and perhaps keep and solidify a few more fans who might not stick around if they worried it was ending), but late enough (i.e. after the first episode) to be sure they weren't going to end up with a show that lost half its audience between 1 and 2.

Do we need spoiler tags in this thread?

I agree that the season can't end on the Red Wedding; there are too many loose ends that are needed to transition the narrative into the next season. It has to happen at the end of episode 9.<br><br>S3E10 starts with Tywin sharing the news with Tyrion, followed by (1) "Is there gold in the village?", (2) restoring the white cloak, (3) the Purple Wedding, (4) Littlefinger's reveal, (5) Janos Slynt &amp; the ice cells, and ends with (6) Valar Morghulis.

I'm betting that "Rope or steel?" and "No one" gets moved up into Season 4, along with some of Euron's story, and ends with "...wherever whores go". S5 then combines the remaining parts of FFC and DWD.

Imagine it, episode nine or ten: the 'deed' has just been done, Arya scrambles toward the castle and is swiftly axed by Sandor.......he slumps her unconscious body over Stranger's back and rides off into the distance.....the picture fades to black........but the sound remains........over the rabble of burning men, a lonely, sombre howl as Grey Wind mourns.....

.......end.

RFW. Simply picturing it is leaving me shaken.

There are two ways this can go.

1) Viewers will be completely horrified and betrayed that the outrage will lead to the show's cancellation.

2) The episode wins Emmys, Golden Globes, and a Best Supporting Actress award for Michelle Fairley.

The "unsullied" on the TWOP forums have already been guessing that Robb is as good as dead (some expecting it in S2 already) and some suspect Catelyn is a goner, as well. If B&B prepare the ground with the leeches and maybe with the house of the unsullied (to telephone it in early), people may be somewhat prepared for the Red Wedding.

What I am slightly disappointed about is the lack of an S4 announcement - the renewal is only for S3. I'd hoped that the decision to split ASOS (roughly speaking, mangled with parts from ACOK and AFFC or ADWD) in 2 would be confirmed with both seasons announced at once.

The Red Wedding should make memorable TV though, one way or another!

Now that RW is assured. I hope we get to Tyrion's trial. Gregor and the Viper. All that would be amazing.

Will the Martells and Dorne even be included? Has either ever been mentioned on the show? Stannis said "the entire realms, from the Arbor to the Wall".

If season three has ten episodes, I think the Red Wedding should be either episode 6 or 7 -- 8 at the very latest. 10 is far too late, in my opinion, considering it looks like they've brought forward a lot of Robb's story.

Will the Martells and Dorne even be included? Has either ever been mentioned on the show? Stannis said "the entire realms, from the Arbor to the Wall".

Dorne was definitely mentioned in the show. Tyrion said that "the whores would go begging from Dorne to Casterly Rock", and he made a reference to Dornish girls. The only thing that worries me is that, when reading out Robert's titles, Ned said he was "King of the Andals and the First Men", with no mention of the Rhoynar.

Oberyn vs The Mountain is one of the many great parts of ASOS, so I hope they include his character.

Dorne was definitely mentioned in the show. Tyrion said that "the whores would go begging from Dorne to Casterly Rock", and he made a reference to Dornish girls. The only thing that worries me is that, when reading out Robert's titles, Ned said he was "King of the Andals and the First Men", with no mention of the Rhoynar.

That's a relief. The Rhoynar not being mentioned I can understand - it would only serve to further confuse the audience and the Dornish would work just as well if they were just "normal) Seven-followers without the Rhoynar heritage added (at least, so far in the books).

Archived