[Book Spoilers] Lommy

I am curious about who it was that killed Lommy in the show last night. In the book, Lommy is killed by Raff the Sweetling with a spear to to the throat, and Raff never takes Needle, Polliver does. I am not sure if on the show it was Polliver who killed Lommy, or if it was Raff?

I am going to guess it was Polliver on the show who killed Lommy, but this makes me wonder if they are going to still have Raff in the show. I hope they do because he is still alive in the series, and I liked his return appearance in the Jamie Chapters of AFFC.

What do you guys think?

Did not take him for Lorch, I think Lorch had a beard and was definatly wearing the Lanister split face helm, Lommy's killer was unidetified man 004 so could be either Polliver or Raff.

When Arya said you already killed Gendry she was talking about Lommy right? But Lommy has blonde hair and (I assume) not blue eyes. He looks like a Lannister, lol. Not like a bastard of Robert Baratheron

I thought about that detail as well - would they actually fall for the lie? I'm guessing most people haven't put two and two together that all of Robert's bastards had the same dark hair he did and since Cersei's three are golden haird (but not really Baratheons) maybe it would seem normal to the bounty hunting crew searching for Gendry that he was also blonde.

As for who stabbed Lommy, I'm confused as well since they're apparently dropping or combining Polliver and Raff. I don't see how they can leave out the Tickler unless they're just going to skip that whole part of Arya's story entirely. I know they go to Harenhal, I saw it in a video clip, so I don't know how Jaqen's story with Arya will play out, or the later scenes with the Hound.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to ride the purist train here and shout about how the TV show is not following the books, but when this season is finished, the thing I think I will have missed seeing the most is where Lommy continuously tries to yield, and the other kids get mad at him.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to ride the purist train here and shout about how the TV show is not following the books, but when this season is finished, the thing I think I will have missed seeing the most is where Lommy continuously tries to yield, and the other kids get mad at him.

he said lets yield in that scene where Gendry was like "Cuz I sold armor..."

But yea it's not the same...

"And what if wolves come?"

"Yield" suggested Arya"

LOL

Yes, the Tickler is cast, and will probably show up next week.

I know now that it is Polliver who killed Lommy on the show, I am just kind of disappointed that Raff the Sweetling didn't do it. I know it sounds Purist or whatever, but I love the full list that Arya in her prayer in the books. Also, Raff is still alive, and could come into play in some way in the last few books, who knows! I know most won't care about this detail, but I just like being nitpicky about Arya's story, which is one of my favorites in the novels!

Though maybe Raff will still show up and I will eat my words ;)

When Arya said you already killed Gendry she was talking about Lommy right? But Lommy has blonde hair and (I assume) not blue eyes. He looks like a Lannister, lol. Not like a bastard of Robert Baratheron

This was a big problem I had with the lie too. We don't know if they fell for it or not yet, but just in the context of the TV show it seems rather unlikely that they would bother sending an entire patrol of Lannister troops out searching for Gendry by name and not even get the basic description of what he looked like, especially considering the Gold Cloaks found and killed all the other dark haired bastards. Are we really supposed to believe that they sent that many men out to find Gendry and had enough knowledge to know he was with the group of Nights Watch recruits and had a bull helm, but no one bothered to give even the most basic of physical descriptions, in particular the very trait of dark hair that made Ned and Jon Arryn realize that Joffrey was not Robert's son?

This was a big problem I had with the lie too. We don't know if they fell for it or not yet, but just in the context of the TV show it seems rather unlikely that they would bother sending an entire patrol of Lannister troops out searching for Gendry by name and not even get the basic description of what he looked like, especially considering the Gold Cloaks found and killed all the other dark haired bastards. Are we really supposed to believe that they sent that many men out to find Gendry and had enough knowledge to know he was with the group of Nights Watch recruits and had a bull helm, but no one bothered to give even the most basic of physical descriptions, in particular the very trait of dark hair that made Ned and Jon Arryn realize that Joffrey was not Robert's son?

Right! And you know what else, why would Gendry give Lommy the helm, or let even let it out of his sights.

Ned Stark- "Who was your mom"

Gendry- "The helm is not for sale"

He loved that helm and wouldn't let Lommy have it as they try to escape and have a battle

Archived