[Book Spoilers] Pre-air Discussion

Arkash

So if they do include visions, which ones do you think they'll include? I doubt the RW prediction, as mentioned before that would be too obvious. I also don't think they'd cast a Rhaegar...I'm a little rusty on the other visions. Any predictions?

I actually think they'll reveal a lot in the HOU. What I think we'll see in the House of the Undying:

1. Raping rats

2. Ned saying "Let them grow up as brothers" and/or Lyanna saying "Promise me Ned"

3. The Trident

4. The Tourney at Harenhall

6. A Rheagar cameo with him naming Aegon- saying the TPTWP and the dragon must have 3 heads

7. Blue flower on the wall

8. Cloth dragon/some sort of dragon on strings alluding to the future Aegon being a fake

I do think that they'll leave out any RW stuff as it might be too obvious and they really want to punch the non-book readers where it hurts next season. It's important that they get to some of the Jon Snow and Rheagar stuff in there. You guys may know more then me- I don't think any Tower of Joy stuff is possible since Sean Bean wasn't asked to come back this season, and I don't think they have casted a Rheagar.

I'm not sure people would pick up on the RW stuff from HOTU, when I read it, I'd already been spoiled on the RW (but didn't have all the specifics), and it didn't click for me, Theon's dream was the major thing to me that seemed to show that Robb was not long for this world. I've never really gotten the sense that first-time book readers, who are not online, knew the red wedding was coming, even if they thought Robb would be killed, I doubt they thought they'd stitch the wolf head on him, so I think this is a really cool vision and I'm hoping it's there, along with the Rhaegar vision.

The ToJ vision in HOTU would be too much to ask, I guess, just because I'd love to see it so much. But as far as Sean Bean not being asked back this season, who's to say D and D didn't film that little ToJ clip with Sean back when they had him under contract?

ETA: All those metaphoric visions will have the Unsullied over at TWoP speculating and discussing for years, just like we book readers have been doing all these years! :laugh:

The ToJ vision in HOTU would be too much to ask, I guess, just because I'd love to see it so much. But as far as Sean Bean not being asked back this season, who's to say D and D didn't film that little ToJ clip with Sean back when they had him under contract?

ToJ?

If you're talking about the flashback picture released way back then that was of Sean Bean's stunt double (as Brandon).

But you're right, they might use a deleted scene from season 1, or something they filmed back the specifically to be used in season 2.

As for the Mad King, he might be in one of the visions. Look at this actor's credits: http://www.frontlineactors.com/male/liam-burke/ (this might just be the actor they cast for the deleted scene in season 1).

I would so love the visions, but you know, in the end I guess we will be disapointed... my take is that the HOTU will be like a dark maze with voices whispering things and in the end, Dany will find those old dudes half dead who will whisper her more things and the dragons will be there and they will breath fire and destroy the HotU.. which is already quite good, but I'm prepared not to have any vision at all...

I haven't been expecting any visions. The barrage of hallucinations and cryptic prophecies was pretty muddled and will be impossible to film. They'll just need to pick a few essential things and make them very clear to the viewer. I think mention of AA or PWWP and 'three treasons' would be enough - by Quaithe or some other warlock.

the main thing I care about is the upcoming burnination.

I think some kind of cliffhanger for Robb would be good. Some reminder of Roose Bolton's significance and a tipoff to his betrayal.

I haven't been expecting any visions. The barrage of hallucinations and cryptic prophecies was pretty muddled and will be impossible to film. They'll just need to pick a few essential things and make them very clear to the viewer. I think mention of AA or PWWP and 'three treasons' would be enough - by Quaithe or some other warlock.

the main thing I care about is the upcoming burnination.

I think some kind of cliffhanger for Robb would be good. Some reminder of Roose Bolton's significance and a tipoff to his betrayal.

Yeah, we have to see more of Roose Bolton, and make him mention his bastard at least once or twice before we actually see the Sack (if we see it).

I expect to get prophecy for Dany. Not sure what to expect from visions. Even if we get them -- not sure we get words.

I do think the Wolf King is not nearly as spoilery as people think. Leave out any blood/evidence of violence or even stitches and it just looks like a representation of Robb, potentially as an enemy.

You don't need someone cast as Rhaegar in the vision, it just needs to be a dude. I hope they show the RW vision. Maybe there won't be any visions, just prophecies from Quaithe in the HotU. The dragons grow. Dunno. I do hope they mention Riverrun. I do hope they show Winterfell being sacked. This is when Lewin will die, there has to be a Ramsay. He can be in armor the entire time, no faces needed.

I have no problem with Quaithe being Dany's sole source of prophecy (in fact, that'd keep things relatively simple, which isn't a bad idea). But I'd rather not see Quaithe in the HotU as she appears to (correctly) have no connection with the Warlocks on the show. Non-readers might assume she's in league with them.

After seeing the promo clip I actually hold out some hope that the HotU will play out at least reasonably similar to the book. Dany wandering through dark rooms with four doorways certainly looks like the HotU I remember. Most of the visions (Rhaegar/Elia, wolf king, mummer's dragon) don't seem as if they'd be that difficult to portray, and they'd give non-readers something weird and mysterious to chew on.

I think they show Winterfell being sacked this episode. I thought I read an interview w/ Alfie Allen saying the actor playing Dagmer had seen parts of the Winterfell finale, and said they were awesome, that he's never seen anything like it before. I'll go try and find the interview.

Not sure if we will get words or visions in the HotU. Pretty sure it will stick with the three betrayals, three riders. Especially since arya mentioned the three riders earlier. I loved the ToJ flashback but I think if they were going to do that, they would have done it w/ Ned in prison.

Hoping they can finish Robb/Catelyn strong. Robb's whole expanded storyline started off strong, but now seems like an afterthought.

The 'Previously On' for ep.10 is 2 minutes long. Every story arc will be in it seems.

Story-lines for the next episode:

1. Sam & Co.
  2. Robb and Catelyn.
  3. Brienne and Jaime.
  4. Arya, Gendry, Hot Pie and Jaqen.
  5. Bran, Rickon, Hodor, Osha and Luwin.
  6. Robb and Roose.
  7. Qhorin, Jon, Rattleshirt and Ygritte.
  8. Robb and Talisa.
  9. Daenerys and Jorah.
  10. King's Landing aftermath.

Going to be a busy episode.

If you look at #6 (Rob & Roose) in the previously on you see them discussing Ramsay, I think we're going to see the Sack after all.

I would like to see atleast half of the whole episode devoted to the House of the Undying. So much of our prophecies came from there, that I feel it very important. And where in the world are Belwas and Arstan?

Would be great if the bearded Arstan shows up in the end of Dany's scene.

Story-lines for the next episode:

Here's my predictions:

1. Sam & Co. - Final scene - at the Fist, 3 blasts, maybe will show the WW charging up the side of the hill, cut to black.
  2. Robb and Catelyn. - He'll send her to Riverrun, maybe after finding out Hoster is dying.
  3. Brienne and Jaime. - Captured by the Brave Companions, Jaime gets his hand chopped early.
  4. Arya, Gendry, Hot Pie and Jaqen. - Coin / face change / Valar Morghulis. I think Arya's arc ends with the three continuing north (mirroring last season).
  5. Bran, Rickon, Hodor, Osha and Luwin. - Post-sack scene, Luwin dies and departure north, similar to the book minus the Reeds.
  6. Robb and Roose. - Only in to re-establish Ramsay and his force assaulting Winterfell. Speaking of which, sack of Winterfell will happen.
  7. Qhorin, Jon, Rattleshirt and Ygritte. - Qhorin will get a private moment with Jon and give his orders. Ghost (might) come along to save the day as in the book. Wildlings + Jon depart for Mance's camp.
  8. Robb and Talisa. - no clue. Maybe they rush into marriage?
  9. Daenerys and Jorah. - HotU, dragons burn the Undying ones, ship to Astapor/Arstan (??)
  10. King's Landing aftermath. - Tyrion wakes up, Bronn gets knighted, Joff/Marge announced (but not Tyrion/Sansa).

I would like to see atleast half of the whole episode devoted to the House of the Undying. So much of our prophecies came from there, that I feel it very important. And where in the world are Belwas and Arstan?

The content is important but it's only 1 chapter of the book, why does it need to take half an episode to show? Each episode always covers roughly 5-8 chapters of the book, you don't need 30-35 minutes to cover 1 chapter.

For those interested, there's a list of new characters for next season available here. I think we can easily say that our beloved Luwin will die next sunday.

Archived