[Book Spoilers] Pre-air Discussion

Arkash

Is anyone else who's listened to the "House of the Undying" song from the soundtrack (http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cR0L1ad85NA) exponentially more hopeful that this scene will be done the way it should (visions and prophecies and all) based just on the music? That is some vision sequence type music if ever there was any.

Listening to it right now. Wow, they've certainly done the music right for the scene. I hope the rest is done that well. I always felt it was such an important pivotal scene, not just in ACOK, but in the whole series.

I hope we dont see the Bloody Mummers just yet. Not until they've cast Vargo Hoat!:D

EDIT: Just thought about the description of next episode 'Brienne silences Jaime.' Guess they will have a sword fight, Brienne wins, Bloody Mummers show up, Jaime and Brienne are tired from their previous fight, they get caught, end of the season.

Or it could simply mean that Brienne fights off Robb's pursuers, saving them both from recapture and and completely silencing Jaime through her fighting skills. For cost reasons we are probably not going to get a scene like the Book river-galley one where Brienne heaves a boulder down on the galley, which is where Jaime first gets the idea that she is pretty awesome in action.

ETA: Just remembered that they are only now casting Vargo Hoat for season 3, so makes more sense to leave the BMs until then.

The best thing about the HOTU song is that its by far the longest on the soundtrack. Makes me think it will be a 6 minute scene which if it just visions will be a pretty long scene. (According to HK avg scenes are 3-4 minutes, long scenes in the 6-7 min range.

After Blackwater and the fact that next episode lasts 70 minutes, I am very optimistic. They have to give Dany a good scene this year. I also believe that they will show The Sack of Winterfell next season, not only because of Ramsey's casting but because of Alfe Allen's screen time as well.

And the 3 horn blasts is gonna be THE cliffhanger.

With regards the Arya scene in the preview, I feel fairly certain that Jaqen's words are probably part of a larger sentence, like for instance Arya will say "how did you kill all those men?" And he'll reply "If you would learn how to kill men, then you must come with me." She'll probably say "I want to, where?", "Far and away, across the narrow sea", then she'll say "oh, I can't, I still have my family, home etc." then coin.

Plus in the Jon preview scene, the line of procession is very clearly Jon in front of Ygritte in front of Rattleshirt in front of Qhorin, and it is most certainly Ygritte taking a swipe at Jon. The confusing part is that it seems to be unprovoked...mind you, we only get to see a half-second before she swipes, but it will most likely be some dialogue between her and Jon that provokes the swing. The group is marching in uniform before she swipes and they don't automatically stop when she does, so it is definitely likely that some dialogue will make Ygritte angry at Jon (and he'll most likely fall on his ass again down a hill).

The most recent summary from TV.Com, which I believe came from HBO says the following:

"The aftermath of the Battle of the Blackwater sees the winner reward his followers while Tyrion finds himself in a strange situation. In Winterfell, Maester Luwin has some final advice for Theon. In the Riverlands, Jaqen H'ghar gives Arya a gift, and Dany visits a wondrous place in Qarth. Beyond the Wall, Jon Snow pleases Qhorin with his actions."

This summary plus the preview leads me to think/hope we'll get the following.

Joffrey making knights, Tywin's horse shit, Margarey + Joffrey engaged, Sansa trying to contain her glee, Tyrion in the sick bed, healing scar, Bronn as a knight (might not see it happen), likely ending with the conversation between Tywin and Tyrion in ASOS.

Winterfell will be sacked, at best we'll see Ramsay from behind giving orders, "final advice" sounds like Luwin will die, I don't think Bran and Co. will leave Winterfell, but we might get a scene with them and Luwin as he dies.

Arya and Co. are out of Harrenhall when they meet Jaqen, she decides to stay to avenge and be reunited with her family. Jaqen gives her the coin, given how popular this actor has been, there's a possibility he might not change his face at all, at least not this season.

Jon somehow gets the sword from Ygritte (probably Qhorin told him some way to do it), and he tells them he wants to join with Mance and kills Qhorin. Been hoping Ghost might show up, but doesn't seem likely. Would be coolest for Ghost to break them free, only to captured again for the proper scene from the book, but not likely. Hoping we'll get a scene of Mance's camp and his army at the very end.

NW will get attacked at the Fist, hoping they show a bit of it, really hoping it's not just "three blasts...white walkers". I'm hoping they merge the Sam the Slayer scene into this one, for the finale.

In the preview, it looks like Dany is wearing her Dothraki armor with the shoulder plates for her dragons. I'm really hoping that this means that Doreah shows up with Drogon before she goes to the HOTU. I think we'll get most of our scenes, I'm hoping for at least the pre-cursor to the RW and the scene with Rhaegar, I'm really hoping that the last scene of the finale is Dany's dragons burning down the HOTU and Dany walking out as it crumbles in the background. No ship, no sorrowful man, perhaps no Xaro (though he might get killed by Dany too), no Arstan/Barristan this season.

So we gonna have house of the undying (legit scared for this, this part of the book freaked me out), theon's adventures in winterfell, arya getting the coin and i guess jaqen's departure, qhorin's duel with jon, and the aftermath of the battle in KL.

looking like a pretty good episode. not sure if theyre gonna throw in dany leaving qarth with belwas and whitebeard/arstan/barristan, might be a little too much to digest out east

I read an interesting review of Blackwater, where the reviewer suggested that Blackwater and Valar Morghulis will actually (his opinion) comprise a single, final episode in the way they're handled. Meaning we've already seen the KL, Tyrion, Stannis, etc wrap up for the season, with all their questions still in play for next year--did Tyrion survive? did Sansa leave with Sandor? what's Stannis' next move? did Davos survive? Those will all be left til next year. Now, Valar Morghulis will need to fill the same function for all the other arcs, leaving Dany, Jon, Robb and Arya at the precipice of some questionable situations, outcomes unknown til next season.

I read an interesting review of Blackwater, where the reviewer suggested that Blackwater and Valar Morghulis will actually (his opinion) comprise a single, final episode in the way they're handled. Meaning we've already seen the KL, Tyrion, Stannis, etc wrap up for the season, with all their questions still in play for next year--did Tyrion survive? did Sansa leave with Sandor? what's Stannis' next move? did Davos survive? Those will all be left til next year. Now, Valar Morghulis will need to fill the same function for all the other arcs, leaving Dany, Jon, Robb and Arya at the precipice of some questionable situations, outcomes unknown til next season.

judging from the promo and the teaser paragraph this isn't likely.

Based on the description for this episode as well as the preview, we will certainly be seeing Tyrion waking up and being informed that his father is back and has been given all the credit for winning the battle, Joffrey awarding his subjects with knighthoods, very possibly the announcement that Margaery is now betrothed to Joffrey, Varys having a conversation with Ros regarding someone being an asshole (either LF or Joff I guess), and Littlefinger telling Sansa that she's screwed. There could be more at King's Landing but those scenes will definitely be there.

Additionally, Clarice Van Houten has stated that she appears in Episode 10 and it sounds like she's going to be imprisoning Davos so they aren't going to leave the question of his living or not in question either.

Interesting theory by the reviewer but all of the plot threads will be addressed in the finale which is probably one of the reason why it's 70 minutes.

And I will bet large sums of money that the 3 horns on the Fist is the final scene with the music continuing into the credits because the song "3 blasts" is placed as the final song on the Season 2 soundtrack (the music for the HOTU is before it) and all of the songs on there have been played chronologically to this point.

I keep wondering how they are going to marry off Robb and Talisa - there is nothing about the storyline that makes that a natural development for me, but it has to happen either in the finale, or the first few episodes of season 3.

I keep wondering how they are going to marry off Robb and Talisa - there is nothing about the storyline that makes that a natural development for me, but it has to happen either in the finale, or the first few episodes of season 3.

I'm still of the mind that she is Jeyne Westerling. I don't think she and Robb made it to the Crag before Cat released Jaime, and I think he'll still need to go, even if she is a noble lady from Volantis, there is no reason for him to not marry the Frey, unless she is a westerosi noblelady. Her not being a Westerling robs the story moving forward, so we likely won't get a marriage, but we might get a sense that she is not who she seems to be.

- i've read the books so many times and yet the first time i watched that scene last night i thought she had gone with him... up till the preview, so no, she didn't leave with him.

- crown, i think ross is talking about Lf not joff. we see lf right after this asvarys states that every man has a weaknes, and LF is with sansa in the preview, so their building up the LF/alayne stone thing i'd guess (though it sucks they took yet another line from the hound and gave it to LF)- and the dontos bit too.

- somnos, i do think joff's annulment of his engagment to sansa will happen this week, along with even natalie dormer coming back, but i don't think the show will state this early that sansa and tyrion are going to get married. it has to come as a surprise or something in S3, and the viewers who haven't read the books maybe are thinking tyrion will die, so why have his wedding announced

ETA: Just remembered that they are only now casting Vargo Hoat for season 3, so makes more sense to leave the BMs until then.

yeah. there's no way they introduce a character who will be in several episodes, in the last episode of a season. if it is at all possible, you push that scene to the next season. if impossible, you cover the character and use an extra (a la jaqen in season 1)

more than possible to not introduce the mummers till next year

Currawong, on 28 May 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

(There's just something hilarious about all this talk that none of us are going to have any BMs til next year...)

Okay, this is a mention of the Blackwater episode, but it bears directly on upcoming scenes-- someone over at TWoP mentioned noticing Dontos juggling in the background to keep the ladies occupied in Maegor's Holdfast, and mentioned that Sansa's good deed in saving him had worked. I didn't see any such thing! And I watched the episode twice! Anybody else? Anybody see Dontos there??

(There's just something hilarious about all this talk that none of us are going to have any BMs til next year...)

Okay, this is a mention of the Blackwater episode, but it bears directly on upcoming scenes-- someone over at TWoP mentioned noticing Dontos juggling in the background to keep the ladies occupied in Maegor's Holdfast, and mentioned that Sansa's good deed in saving him had worked. I didn't see any such thing! And I watched the episode twice! Anybody else? Anybody see Dontos there??

Yeah. He was juggling. I noticed him immediately.

Yeah he's there, attempting to juggle. Watch it again

Archived