'A new queen...younger and more beautiful'

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but this is something that has been gnawing at me since Littlfinger disclosed his grand plan to use the Royces to reclaim Winterfell for Sansa.

I know all hints are toward Margaery Tyrell being the new and more beautiful queen, but it is my strong belief that it is going to be Sansa. Her training through Littlefinger on how to play "the Game of Thrones", her claim to Riverrun, Winterfell and Casterly Rock. The obvious fact that she is beautiful and that she has most directly been used and spurned by Cersei. I know Sansa annoys the hell out of you at several points, but I think she is meant to finally rule the 7 kingdoms. Or atleast cast down Cersei.

I would like it to be explained as Margaery just because it is almost the only case tha safely allows Stannis sitting the Iron Throne in the end. I stopped liking the man, but still prefer him to others. And, let's admit, Shireen and Selyse are probably the only ones safely to be excluded from 'more beautiful'. It is possible that Daenerys takes down Cersei and then Stannis takes down Daenerys - maybe. Hopefully :lol:

Her claim to Riverrun, Winterfell, and Casterly Rock aren't that good though. Bran and Rickon are still alive. I've always thought that Rickon was going to get Winterfell in the end because, well, his existence has yet to have any importance to the plot. I always figured he was just the spare to keep around so a Stark will always have Winterfell. Riverrun still has Edmure, his son/daughter, and the Blackfish, and I'm sure Rickon and Bran come before her in that as well. Casterly Rock is probably the best of the three since Tommen and Marcella are incest children and Jaime/Cersei are probably going to die. I figure it will be Dani.

Honestly, I feel it should be Margeary. Her family is the one that took Joffrey away, whose conflict with her took her power away and created a rift between her and her other son. If it's Dany then yeah she'll be the younger, more beautiful queen but how in any way will she be responsible for taking away all that she holds dear. Cersei is already well on her away towards that end as it is and will probably be there already by the time Dany finally arrives.

I cannot help but feel that Aryyn will have a crucial part to play in the next 2 books. Arryn has much of it's force intact it's resources sit absolutely unharmed and Sansa sits atop the pile with a scheming Littlefinger being her patron. She only has to switch patron roles with Littlefinger and she's king of the mound. Also there was the possible match with Garlan the Gallant suggested. She may yet have the Tyrells on her side. And Cersei's downfall would mean proving that Tommen is born out of incest so in a way the final decline of Cersei will also see the decline of Margarey, their fates are tied together. Who gains? Sansa Stark. Daenerys sure, she's around there somewhere, but she seems to be running a parallel track. Her path must collide to North of the Wall. Only dragonglass could fight wights, only Dragons will be able to tame the Others. I don't see her come to King's Landing, she's seen too much of the world, too much sorcery has passed infront of her

And as regards the claim, whilst she may not "claim" these regions, it will be easier for her to bind together these Houses: the Starks would rally to her, as would the Tullys (with their respective Liege Lords, who would prefer her to Daenerys, Cersei or Margaery). If she marries Yohce, then the vale joins the fold. The Lannisters and Tyrells seem to be heading up shit creek anyway.

I think Dany is the younger, more beautiful queen. She is only person Cersei hasn't thought about as Cersei has focused on Margaery and has thought about what she'll do to Sansa when she gets her hands on her. Cersei keeps ignoring news relating to Dany and her dragons, and it'll come back to bite her.

Sansa + Aegon. Aegon lands. LF says 'LOOK AT MY GIRL HERE'. Aegon is like 'wut?'. LF is like 'YE THIS GURL IS HEIR TO WINTERFELL, HAS A CLAIM TO CASTERLY ROCK AND A CLAIM TO RIVERRUN.'. Aegon is like 'that's cool'. LF is like 'THAT'S RIGHT. Oh btw I'm Lord Paramount of the Riverlands and Lord Protector of the Vale. WANNA MARRY THIS BITCH?'. Aegon : 'YA MAN'.

Sansa + Aegon. Aegon lands. LF says 'LOOK AT MY GIRL HERE'. Aegon is like 'wut?'. LF is like 'YE THIS GURL IS HEIR TO WINTERFELL, HAS A CLAIM TO CASTERLY ROCK AND A CLAIM TO RIVERRUN.'. Aegon is like 'that's cool'. LF is like 'THAT'S RIGHT. Oh btw I'm Lord Paramount of the Riverlands and Lord Protector of the Vale. WANNA MARRY THIS BITCH?'. Aegon : 'YA MAN'.

How does she have a claim to Casterly Rock?

Although would be a funny scene

I've always thought the younger and more beautiful queen is Daenerys. Anyone who is younger than Cersei and trying to take the throne fits the prophecy apart from the 'more beautiful' part. How do you judge who's more beautiful than Cersei anyway? Based on Cersei's opinion? Or Maggy the Frog's? Personally, I think Dany fits that part because she has a reputation as being the most beautiful woman in the world, and I think that's enough to give Cersei pause.

How does she have a claim to Casterly Rock?

Although would be a funny scene

She married a Lannister, who by all rights should be the heir to Casterly Rock ( since Jaime is not allowed to inherit ). That is worth little by itself, but stockpiled with all her other claims it makes for quite a noteworthy merit.

Also, I think Sansa is the younger and more beautiful one because she is not on Cersei's radar, while she is desperately paranoid of Margaery and somewhat aware of Dany. Anything else seem just too straightforward, like Cersei thinking Tyrion is the valonqar.

If it's not Sansa, I will be disappointed. I'd just love the little girl that Cersei bullied and imprisoned to grow up to cast down the Lannisters once and for all. The Seven know that Sansa has suffered enough at Lannister hands, she should have the honour of destroying them!

Just a note. I think the language of Maggy the Frog's prophecy is important. It's not "a new queen..younger and more beautiful." It's:

"...until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.”

I don't believe it will be a queen at all. Just another person younger and more beautiful than Cersei. For various reasons, I think this has already happened and it was Taena that did it.

She married a Lannister, who by all rights should be the heir to Casterly Rock ( since Jaime is not allowed to inherit ). That is worth little by itself, but stockpiled with all her other claims it makes for quite a noteworthy merit.

She doesn't have a claim to Casterly Rock simply via marriage. Her children conceived with Tyrion would have the claim. Just like Catelyn doesn't have a claim to Winterfell. Only her children with Ned Stark have the claim. If she had remarried and had more children, those children would have no claim to Winterfell.

Archived