Which of the following Monarchs would you serve?

Either Robb Stark or Stannis Baratheon. If I had to choose between those two, then it would be Robb Stark. With good counsel, he can become a King as Westeros has never seen.

Renly Baratheon seems to be a nice King, but in reality, the Tyrells would rule and I wouldn't want that. He's too inexperienced to be a strong King, and Westeros surely needs a strong king.Renly is a king of the Summer, just like his knights. (As Catelyn said) He wouldn't know what to do after the war.

Robb Stark of course is even younger than Renly Baratheon, but apart from his extremely inexperienced fault of marrying Jeyne Westerling, he does seem to be a strong king, willing to do the right or just thing, even if that means to kill one of your bannerman. (Karstark) I am sure he could lead Westeros into the peace it needs and deserves, and I know he would punish those who need to be punished. Plus, he has loyal bannermen around him, experienced counselors etc.

Ohyes, Robb Stark. May I marry him?

Dany is ..."the most proven and successful war leader in the entire series" akdfhaiehfaf#*#fjf??!?!!!!!WHAAAATTTTT!!!!!

Ever heard of Robert Baratheon? Ned Stark? Tywin Lannister? Stannis Baratheon? Randyll Tarly?

That comment is ridiculous friend, step away from the Dany kool-aid.

I'm talking about battles we've actually seen, not stuff we heard about as history. And I'm also accounting for the difference in training and experience (she had none of either).

And Stannis and Tywin? LOL? What do they ever do besides lose battles?

Yeah, I've heard of 'em. They suck. xD

Dany conquered Slaver's Bay and is undefeated in battle. And, you know ... unlike Robb? She's also still alive and kicking.

So yeah. Accounting for the massive difference in training and experience between her and everyone else you mentioned, she is the most proven battle leader to date.

You forgot Jon or Tyrion?

Tyrion lacks the charisma (or anyway, he's unattractive and a dwarf, which amounts to the same thing in Westeros) to be a figurehead in the way a ruler should be. I wouldn't pick him for King, but he'd be an excellent Hand.

Jon could probably be a decent King, though. But he wasn't one of the choices, so ...

I say Robb. I like his nothern nature, the simplicity of his actions.

After all, Robert left his kingdom to the wicked people like Varys and Cersei. And if Stannis was my king there would be the threat of being burned in Melisandre's fire. haha and well, I wouldn't want Daenerys as my queen because she's younger than me. This IS stupid, I know, but I can't help it. Robb is younger than me too, but he seems to know how to handle things in Westeros (although we all know he did one very foolish thing)

I have always found it hard not to feel angry at Dany for the way she commanded Ser Barristan. He is older and wiser than she is and he should be more of her advisor than servant. I know she is his queen and stuff, but still a little bit of respect would be advisable (or perhaps I missed some things in the book, I'm not a careful reader :frown5: )

I'm talking about battles we've actually seen, not stuff we heard about as history. And I'm also accounting for the difference in training and experience (she had none of either).

And Stannis and Tywin? LOL? What do they ever do besides lose battles?

Yeah, I've heard of 'em. They suck. xD

Dany conquered Slaver's Bay and is undefeated in battle. And, you know ... unlike Robb? She's also still alive and kicking.

So yeah. Accounting for the massive difference in training and experience between her and everyone else you mentioned, she is the most proven battle leader to date.

"They suck" really inciteful opinion there.

Why would no military training or experience make her a better leader in battle? That thought is paradoxical.

Robert Baratheon won three battles in one day, Ned was always a capable soldier and commander.

All Tywin and Stannis do is lose battles really? Reaaaaaally?

Stannis- smashed Victarion at Fair Isle, defeated the Wildling horde at the battle of castle black, held Storm's End against all the might of the reach.

Tywin- smashed the Tarbecks and the Reynes, defeated the aforementioned Stannis at Blackwater bay, sacked King's Landing and deposed the Mad King.

Robb Stark won every battle due to his own prowess in war, Dany owes any victories she has to her advisors Barristan, Jorah, and the sellswords.

If Robb met Dany in a battle and she didn't have the only thing in the entire story that makes her important *cough three dragons cough* she would get destroyed by the young wolf. Only reason he's dead is that he was undone by treachery.

Robb Stark won every battle due to his own prowess in war, Dany's owes any victories she has to her advisors Barristan, Jorah, and the sellswords.

I agree with all you've said, but I think this is rather unfair. All of the battle commanders you've listed owe at least part of their victories to their advisors. Robb had the Greatjon, Blackfish, Edmure, Roose, etc advising him along the way. Tywin had Kevan. Stannis has had Davos and Jon. Robert had Ned and Jon Arryn and I suppose Stannis with the Greyjoys.

Tyrion lacks the charisma (or anyway, he's unattractive and a dwarf, which amounts to the same thing in Westeros) to be a figurehead in the way a ruler should be. I wouldn't pick him for King, but he'd be an excellent Hand.

Jon could probably be a decent King, though. But he wasn't one of the choices, so ...

Have you read my post entirely? Anyway, my point is, Tyrion does not lack the charisma, he lacks the 'good reputation' and this is something that still can change - after all more and more people know he is not a monster at all, on the contrary (Sansa, Cat, Jorah, Jon, late Mormont... us... and soon Dany? Barristan?). The way Tyrion manages to lead and be admired by the Vale clans, or his leadership when defending KL - the 'giant' 'seen' by Aemon? - are proof of his potential charisma: the dwarf monster became the acclaimed 'half man'... Twice! GRMM must have a good reason to insist on this unexpected (for us and for Tyrion as well) aspect of his personality?

Archived