Who do you think will be the first main book character to figure out Jon's parents?

kg1982

I agree with a few posters on here that Bran is most likely to find out about Jon but what can he do with the information? It seems to me that he is confined to his current situation - learning from BR. I don't have my books with me but I believe Bran was able to communicate with Theon at the weirwood? I think he whispers Theon's name? Maybe he can use this to convey the information although I have no further ideas about who or when etc etc...

I don't know, I just have so many feelings about Jon. He's my favourite character in the series and I really don't want him to be dead without finding out about his heritage.

Another question is "when" will someone find out in the books - not necessarily when will the truth come out to Jon, but when will we as readers have it confirmed for us that Jon is Rhaegar's son. I am convinced it will be in the next book, not the last one, but perhaps that's wishful thinking. I just think that Jon's death and re-birth is the trigger for that information becoming part of the story, officially, for the readers.

Regarding Varys, a lot seem to think that he was just as skilled in his spycraft and schemes in the past as he is in the present. It is entirely possible that with the added 17 or so years of experience that he is currently more skilled now. So its feasable he did not have enough info then to piece together R + L = J.

I would look forward to a Jon Connington - Jon Snow meeting very much. How bittersweet would it not be for JonCon to find the true son of his great love, and realize who he is (I doubt anyone alive knows Rhaegars face and ways better than him), after also being informed he spent much of his life and all his last years catering to a Blackfyre usurper. But I don't think that will happen, for logistic reasons mostly, and because who would ever tell him Aegon is FAegon? Lady Lemore perhaps. Who knows? If it does by some miracle, I think he will die before telling anyone.

The other persons I can think of that could know Rhaegars appearance extremely well are Barristan, Cercei and Stannis. [ETA: I forgot Varys] Barristan have not met Jon, and Cercei didn't get a good look at him in Winterfell as far as I remember, while Stannis lacks the imagination to put one and one together (I think). JonCon on the other hand have probably dreamed of Rhaegars face every night... ;)

Other than this fantasy, I think Bran knows or will know anytime now. The one to tell Jon will likely be Howland Reed, cause what else has the man got to do in this series. Jojen and Meera may already know so they don't count, and I don't think they are going to be the ones to spill the beans, it's too important knowledge and they probably swore to never tell anyone IF they know.

Jaime will know at some point, and he will try to remedy his broken vow to Rhaegar, by becoming Jon's personal kingsguard in one form or another. If he dies for him, he will have saved the last of Rhaegars children and that would give him some peace. Happy thinking I know...

Actually saving Jon is one of my pet theories as to how Jaime dies. It would be an interesting twist if the guy who is infamous for killing a king ends up dying to save another king. Another possibility is that Jaime ends up dying while saving KL from his sister, the Mad Queen.

Actually saving Jon is one of my pet theories as to how Jaime dies. It would be an interesting twist if the guy who is infamous for killing a king ends up dying to save another king. Another possibility is that Jaime ends up dying while saving KL from his sister, the Mad Queen.

I like it!

Another, less flattering fate, would be that he tags along as kingsguard for Dany the Mad queen and unknowingly helps her set fire to Westeros, since he don't want to make the same oathbreaking mistake twice, and wants to save Rhaegars little sister...

You know...Dany could figure it out....kind of a stretch, but she has all the pieces minus the connection between the blue flower on the wall and a Stark...the rest of the pieces she has but since Jon Snow (Stark Bastard) died on the wall the news may get to them, Barristan mentioned Rhaegar died for his lady Lyanna (a stark)...Dany saw the vision of a blue rose growing out of the wall...well she doesn't know what the wall is...but Barristan could explain that pretty easily.

I still think Sam is more likely than that though.

I don't think Dany will figure it out because she won't want to figure it out.

Her entire identity is based on being the last Targaryen Blood of the Dragon and all that. How well do you think it'll go over if she realizes there's not one, but two of her brother's sons running around Westeros? Both with better claims to the throne than hers? I'm sure she'd take that news splendidly.

Her entire identity is based on being the last Targaryen Blood of the Dragon and all that. How well do you think it'll go over if she realizes there's not one, but two of her brother's sons running around Westeros? Both with better claims to the throne than hers? I'm sure she'd take that news splendidly.

Lol. I'm actually waiting for her to find out about FAegon. And then she refuses to believe it and thinks he's a fake. And then they kill each other. YAY!

Jamie dying for Jon has been on my mind for a few weeks now. It would be perfect!

Some people breathe even if they don't want to. It's the same with this situation, the truth of Jon and Young Griff will be shoved in her face even if she don't want to know the truth. IIRC somewhere in the books there's a passage that says that the 3 dragonriders should be Targs but please correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm right, however, 3 Targ candidates would be (excluding Dany) Tyrion, Jon and Young Griff. According to Barristan Selmy, Aerys lusted for Joanna Lannister so there might be a very very small chance that Tyrion is Aerys' bastard. If Young Griff is fake Tyrion could replace him. Let's just exclude the possibility that Tyrion and Young Griff aren't Targs.

Think of this: 3 Dragonheads, 3 Targs. Dany, Jon, Aegon VI/Tyrion.

One poster said there would be dispute over the Throne (Dany, Jon, Aegon VI), If Young Griff is proven legit the claim would be Aegon VI > Jon > Dany. Possible endings to quell this dispute could be:

1. Aegon VI dies before sitting in the Throne, Jon goes back to rebuild the Wall and the North, Dany rules the 7 Kingdoms.

2. Aegon VI and Dany marries as Targaryen custom and rules as King and Queen, Jon goes back to rebuild the Wall and the North

3. Dany dies during war, Jon goes back to rebuild the Wall and the North, Aegon VI sits and rules.

IIRC somewhere in the books there's a passage that says that the 3 dragonriders should be Targs but please correct me if I'm wrong.

There's no such passage and the author has already gone on record as saying the three dragon riders need not necessarily be all Targaryens. Not surprisingly, the statement has made many readers now assume that at least one of the riders will not be a Targaryen.

Archived