U.S. Politics - GOP and women

TerraPrime

I never enter politics threads but this year it is just downright scary. Um. Should we be very concerned that Romney is outspending Obama? Can we get another conservative to open mouth, insert foot, maybe claim that women should be breeding factories for the Lord or something?

Out of curiousity, has anyone with a modicum of academic integrity endorsed the Ryan budget as feasible?

eta: In the past there's been reporting done on the amount of sex workers that gravitate to the conventions, IIRC more to the RNC. I'd love to see some MSM coverage of this for once.

There's a fun new poll (I know, I know) out of NBC today. It has Obama +4 nationally, which is good news but not fun, what is fun is what's hidden in the cross-tabs:

Looking inside the numbers, Obama continues to lead Romney among key parts of his political base, including African Americans (94 percent to 0 percent)...

That's right, apparently Allen West is the only black person in America to like Romney.

Dunno if this has done the rounds here. http://www.isidewith.com

I just did the test and I'm 97% aligned with Jill Stein and 83% aligned with Obama. I'm 76% aligned with Stewart Alexander. I'm 46% aligned with Ron Paul and 2% aligned with Romney. I'm 63% aligned with the American electorate (those who've done the test at least) but of course I'm skewing it as a non-American; so that metric isn't a very good one. First question should be "do you live in the USA?"

So if I was able to vote for POTUS my purist vote should go to Klein, but my pragmatic vote should go to Obama. No surprise there really.

46% alignment with Ron Paul was a bit of a surprise.

2% alignment with Romney seems pretty much right.

Who's Stewart Alexander?

7 Posts to go until I reach 3K

Does anyone feel like the GOP is kind of trying to throw this election? I mean first and foremost they are doing everything possible to not get the women votes. I doubt they have the Latino or black community behind them either. I'd be shocked if the youth vote is heavily in their favor.

I'm just speculating here.

Does anyone feel like the GOP is kind of trying to throw this election? I mean first and foremost they are doing everything possible to not get the women votes. I doubt they have the Latino or black community behind them either. I'd be shocked if the youth vote is heavily in their favor.

I'm just speculating here.

It almost seems that way, yeah. I've seen the theory that they're letting Obama win just so they can blame him for the un-fixed economy, instead of having to explain why one of their guys is screwing it, up thrown around.

GoW, according to the poll that Fez posted above, the GOP (Romney/Ryan) is still getting 41% of women voters. That's just mind-boggling. I am reasonably certain my father is voting for Romney, though I can't for the life of me figure out why. People don't actually vote on reality, they vote on perception. And those perceptions are often largely determined by the D/R next to the candidate name, ignoring the months and years of actual records on the candidate.

GoW, according to the poll that Fez posted above, the GOP (Romney/Ryan) is still getting 41% of women voters. That's just mind-boggling. I am reasonably certain my father is voting for Romney, though I can't for the life of me figure out why. People don't actually vote on reality, they vote on perception. And those perceptions are often largely determined by the D/R next to the candidate name, ignoring the months and years of actual records on the candidate.

I personally don't see what any woman could possibly "perceive" that would make her vote for Romney, but I guess that's the power of the political spin...

I can't imagine that the GOP somehow wants to lose this election. The reporting that I've seen suggests the exact opposite, that Republicans believe that this election is their last chance to prevent major liberal reforms from sinking roots in the country.

Then why the hell are they ignoring all but one demographic? Seriously, I cannot fathom why they believe that will work, and I especially can't understand why it is working.

Then why the hell are they ignoring all but one demographic? Seriously, I cannot fathom why they believe that will work, and I especially can't understand why it is working.

Suppress enough votes from the other demographics (whether through laws/regulations or just plain old disillusioning them about their candidate) and you're all set.

I'm not convinced that it is working, but the GOP wins elections in the South all the time in places with large numbers of minorities by polarizing the election on racial lines and getting the lion's share of the white vote.

Suppress enough votes from the other demographics (whether through laws/regulations or just plain old disillusioning them about their candidate) and you're all set.

I'm not convinced that it is working, but the GOP wins elections in the South all the time in places with large numbers of minorities by polarizing the election on racial lines and getting the lion's share of the white vote.

Granted, but even taking into account that they may very well do everything in their power to quench the minority vote, why are women voting for these people? This is what has always puzzled me.

Okay that's scary.

My sister if she votes (she's the laziest person ever), would vote for Romney. Of course she believes the "war on women" doesn't possibly exist.

Although the percentage you provided is unsettling, I just don't see a vast majority of women supporting the gop right now. Let's hope more can open their eyes.

Archived