Fantasy Football General Discussion - 2012

RaceBannon42

I have no idea. I saw your team overperform at almost every position and the opposite happen with mine. I think you actually quintupled my score, moon-walked the length of the field, kicked dirt in Rodgers's face, and impregnated my grandmother as the coup de grace. These are the dark times.

Newton ended up scoring 41 points. Was actually nice to see, since I have him in so many leagues. But it cost me the win in Keeper....lost 182 - 180.

So overall ended up 9-1 this week. And every one of my teams scored 170+ points (other than Thunderdome, due to smaller rosters...put up 117 there). Probably my best week of the year.

Booya!

I'd written that off as a loss already. But the 41 pts by Cam made for a nice comeback that allowed me to go 3-0 for only the 2nd time all year.

Looks like I've pretty much clinched a playoff spot in 4 of my 10 leagues. Still have 5 up in the air. And I'm eliminated in 1.

Clinched Playoff Spot

Work League - 1st place, 1st in points

Money League - 4th place, 1st in points

Keeper League - 2nd place, 1st in points (by 240+ points)

Westeros 1 - 3rd place, 2nd in points

Fighting for the Playoffs

Westeros 2 - 5th place, 1st in points

-almost certainly in the playoffs based on points scored tiebreaker

Money Dynasty League - 3rd place, 2nd in points

-the 2nd through 7th place teams are all 7-5....should be a crazy finish

Experts League - 4th place, 6th in points

-another one that could be very close

Thunderdome - 5th place, 5th in points

-if I win this week, I take the East Division....if I lose, I probably miss the playoffs

Westeros Dynasty - 6th place, 3rd in points

-must win game against the 5th place team....if I win, I'm in, but if I lose then I'm probably out

Eliminated

Westeros 3 - 8th place, 2nd in points

-good team, but dealt with bad luck all year

My best season. Still alive in Survivor, top of Dynasty, clinched bye. Tied atop W2 (down 10 pts in tie-breaker), clinched bye. Clinched playoffs in Keeper, Clinched playoffs in W3, shot at bye, Playing for division in Thunderdome, could also still possibly advance to playoffs with a loss. 3rd overall with two weeks to play in Yahoo Public league (disaster team - had Vick, Murray, Sproles, MJD, Harvin all on roster at one point.). In the little Westeros 8-teamer I am 7-5 and atop my division, highest points overall. In my own small money league I am 5th (another Vick team) with only four making the playoffs but two weeks to go.

Then there is my off-board ESPN league team. That one is a monster. 9-3, atop its division, best points and record overall. And one amazing stat. Eight weekly high scores. Frankly the team has been unlucky in h-t-h. But otherwise, a juggernaut.

Trade in Westeros 1.

I get Brandon Marshall

Fuentez gets Torrey Smith + Ryan Tannehill

Really wanted to get AJ Green, but settled for Marshall. Gives me a small upgrade at WR. While he gets a nice bump at QB2 over Foles.

I like Smith a lot, but he's been struggling lately. I think Marshall is a pretty big upgrade . for me getting Tannehill, isn't worth it, but if he's starting Foles I can see the need. Now if you'd talked him out of Green the #1 WR in FF, then I'd be pissed. Marshall is only the 2nd best this season. :P

What an ugly outcome of a Thursday night game that appeared to be a Fantasy QB goldmine! Thankfully, pretty much all of my teams who rely on Brees or Ryan have already nailed down playoff slots. But one QB peed the bed and the other pooped big time.

I have neither Brees nor Ryan, but I have Graham in three leagues, and White and Sproles in two apiece, so that could've gone better. On the other hand, I started the ATL defense in two leagues.

Trade in Westeros 2.

I get Rob Gronkowski

Mexal gets Knowshon Moreno + Marcel Reece

I'm basically just rolling the dice on Gronkowski eventually coming back....and my team still being alive at that point. Could be a complete waste, but if I ever do get to use him, he'll be a nice upgrade at TE.

Mexal gets RB depth, in case of injury during the playoffs. He didn't have an RB4. Leshoure has dealt with some injuries, and Bush is always a risk, so this gives him some security there.

Dub, stop sending me trade offers in W2. I've already told you I should not be trading given I'm out of the playoffs. No way I can make up a 167 pt deficit.

Uh, I've never gotten any reply from you. Seriously.

And I didn't realize you were out of it, though me offering Gore and Welker for Arian Foster isn't like I'm trying to rob you.

Not really a big deal. *shrugs* But again, I never got any reply from you. Ever.

Archived