Fantasy Football General Discussion - 2012

RaceBannon42

Punt and KO return TDs go to the individual player. So if you have Sproles, for example, you get the points if he scores on a punt return. Blocked punts/kicks and resultant TDs go to the D/ST.

Starting the Houston Defense against Jacksonville... it seemed like such a good idea at the time. :bang:

How was I supposed to know that Blaine Gabbert would go down and be replaced by an almost-almost competent quarterback?

My week: Not too bad so far.

W2: 64.84 points vs. A. Boldin + M. Forte

W3: J. Campbell + B. Marshall + M. Forte + M. Bush + S. Suisham vs. 45.68 points

Thunderdome: 7.26 points + R. Rice vs. M. Crabtree + H. Miller

HP's League: 5.96 points + F. Gore + S. Suisham vs. R. Rice

Other Off-board league: 26.02 points + S. Suisham vs. Pittsburgh DST

(My side italicized.)

I think I have a pretty solid shot at 5-0. Cool. Hoping for a big game out of Suisham tonight.

Gronk broke his forearm. Speculation is that he's out 4-6 weeks, which pretty much ends his fantasy season, unless he can make it back for the championship in week 16.

I've got him on my 2 best teams - the Westeros Keeper league and my work league. Pretty huge loss. I've got Kyle Rudolph as a backup in both leagues, but he's nowhere near as valuable.

Yeah, just saw that. I have him in the HP league, just went and picked up Rudolph. But that isn't good, he's been a beast this year. Jimmy Graham has been huge for me in most of my other leagues, too; outside of them, the position is wildly inconsistent. Hope he heals up quickly and well.

I am 7-4 now and my line up will pretty much be

Romo

Welker

VJAX

Turner/FJAX

Murray/FJones

Moeaki

C.SHorts/Roberts/Gibson

Janikowski

Houston

So I say i have a 60% chance of winning out now where i believed I had more like 90% with Gronk...

He was that important to my team, so that hurts alot...pretty much I have to guess right on my flex play and RB play and hit big...Like today I benched Shorts and Played Roberts...stupid

Bronn I hate the 8-man leauge we are in.,..

The person I am playing against has more bench points then actual points :/

I think just about everyone gave up...it will come down to one of us who wins I think

I hope so. My team kinda followed Matt Ryan into the poop pot this week. Still have a chance (done, but up 16 with the other guy having Forte and the 49ers D.)

Still should be a good week for me. Somewhere between 6-3 and 8-1, with 7-2 most likely. Strong score in Survivor (and easier for me going forward in that WJ and I were both streaming the same slots).

My dynasty team crapped the bed this week

I got 3.04 points from Matt Ryan, Mike Wallace, and Torrey Smith combined. :(

of course I left a 22 pt effort by TY Hilton on the bench.

Squeaked out a close win in W1 despite Ryan's 5 ints.

in Keeper I had Blackmon on the bench with 29.2 pts. and d Bowe put up a big fat zero. My opponent still has Smith Crabtree, and Davis yet to go, and I'm done. Hopefully I can hang on to my 129 point lead.

in Keeper I had Blackmon on the bench with 29.2 pts. and d Bowe put up a big fat zero. My opponent still has Smith Crabtree, and Davis yet to go, and I'm done. Hopefully I can hang on to my 129 point lead.

The good news for you is Smith is out, which means Crabtree and Davis will have Kaepernick throwing to them.

If I'd stuck to my guns and played Blackmon, I'd probably be winning in Thunderdome...

Punt and KO return TDs go to the individual player. So if you have Sproles, for example, you get the points if he scores on a punt return. Blocked punts/kicks and resultant TDs go to the D/ST.

yeah but my point is that punt returns are by the defense. ie. it's a play (punt) from the line of scrimmage with the offense punting and the defense returning. kickoff returns are wishy-washy 'cos technically the return team is the offense, but punt returns are clear. they should count.

yeah but my point is that punt returns are by the defense. ie. it's a play (punt) from the line of scrimmage with the offense punting and the defense returning. kickoff returns are wishy-washy 'cos technically the return team is the offense, but punt returns are clear. they should count.

Its the special teams, not the defense. They are 2 different things.

Best argument you've got is that we count punt and FG blocks as 2 points for the defense, and that's special teams as well. But my response is that crediting individual players is a viable (and better, IMO) alternative for kick/punt returns, while there is no alternative for blocked kicks. For the latter, its either give them to the defense or don't score them at all.

Archived