Fantasy Football General Discussion - 2012

RaceBannon42

Made the playoffs in all three leagues. Got a bye in two of them.

That said, injuries have really wiped out one team and hurt another pretty hard. Losing Gronk really sucked. Chances are W1 isn't going to last long, and Thunderdome has been a consistently weak team that was buoyed by Luck and Gronk.

W3, however, is still really good.

Seven Westeros leagues, six run by WJ. Top four finish in every single one, including Survivor. Three first round byes. Guaranteed top four finish overall in 6 of my 8 leagues where the playoffs start this week. Two more leagues TBD, could go either way for one of them, longshot for the other (both are ten teamers where only 4 make it).

final power rankings for W2

0.667 (78-39) Darklyn Sword Saints*** (1893pts, 7-6) 4th

0.590 (69-48) Runestone Rocks*** (1828pts, 6-7) 6th

0.581 (68-49) Harlaw Harlaws* (1767pts, 9-4) 1st

0.573 (67-50) Golden Tooth Tigers* (1827pts, 7-6) 5th

0.547 (64-53) Dub's Raiders* (1719pts, 8-5) 3rd

0.521 (61-56) Ashford Chaos Llamas* (1749pts, 9-4) 2nd

0.496 (58-59) Dragonstone Eruption* (1715pts, 6-7) 7th

0.436 (51-66) The Steel Curtain* (1652pts, 6-7) 8th

0.333 (39-78) Greywater Crannogmen* (1543pts, 6-7) 9th

0.256 (30-87) The No-Goes (1505pts, 1-12) 10th

top 6 all made it into the playoffs, so no tears

Playoffs in Experts and rose to the 1 see in Dynasty. My schizo Thunderdome team should have been a contender, but couldn't be consistent. In my two noon Westeros leagues, made the playoffs in the one and should in the other with the second strongest points total and sitting on third place, but it ha one more week regular Season

Given some time to reflect, I've realized I don't have FF. I do hate the childish sniping that has been all over this and the Thunderdome thread. We're supposed to be playful and happy in our leagues, and unite in our disdain for Jaxom's abilities! Instead, people have petty arguments and Jaxom wins things! Jaxom is a number one seed!! How is this not a bigger deal!?!?

Given some time to reflect, I've realized I don't have FF. I do hate the childish sniping that has been all over this and the Thunderdome thread. We're supposed to be playful and happy in our leagues, and unite in our disdain for Jaxom's abilities! Instead, people have petty arguments and Jaxom wins things! Jaxom is a number one seed!! How is this not a bigger deal!?!?

It really should be.

I think we need to consider whether Jaxom is really controlling his team, or if he's passed the reins to his progeny. I am concerned that we're not all playing fairly, as ourselves.

Also, I realized FF should also be about Dushku avatars.

Next season, I am starting a league with normalish rosters and only 8 teams, so we can agonize over which Top 20 qb to start, not over which crime against footbanity we have to pinch our noses over...and all 8 team leaders need to use different Eliza Avatars.

I think we need to consider whether Jaxom is really controlling his team, or if he's passed the reins to his progeny. I am concerned that we're not all playing fairly, as ourselves.

Also, I realized FF should also be about Dushku avatars.

Next season, I am starting a league with normalish rosters and only 8 teams, so we can agonize over which Top 20 qb to start, not over which crime against footbanity we have to pinch our noses over...and all 8 team leaders need to use different Eliza Avatars.

You're totally pandering to me. And yes, yes I will be a founding member of this league.

Strong play.

In six leagues this year; 4 WJ leagues on the board, HP's off-board league, and another off-board league with some friends.

-Knocked out in 10th in Survivor

-Absolute bottom-rung in W3. Drafted really poorly, couldn't come up with inventive solutions to survive, bottomed out early.

-Just missed out in W2. Ticks me off, because I really liked this team a lot; tons of good RB depth, solidly mediocre QBs (none in the top 10, but 2 of the 3 are top 15 most weeks, IMO), a couple of really good WR, and Jimmy Graham. Ultimately, though I wasn't active enough; I needed to turn some of that RB depth into bona fide studs at WR, QB, or RB1.

-Playoffs in Thunderdome as the 5th seed; this team was great early and tailed off a bit towards the end of the season. Notable because it was the only league I played in where I had a good draft pick (5th out of 16). Finished 6th in power ranking and according to Yahoo.

-Playoffs in HP's league. At 9-4 I'm in first place by 1 game, and am the only team to have clinched a playoff spot- apparently we play through week 14, which I hadn't realized, and then start the playoffs. I have the most points in this one also, with a 14-point lead over the next-best total. Unsure if HP's friends are happy about this (if not, sorry dudes!).

-Playoffs in off-board 16 team league. Finished tied for 2nd at 9-4, and 2nd in total points (haven't done the power rankings yet); weirdly, 8 teams make the playoffs in this one. Pretty happy with this, considering I drafted 16th out of 16.

Conclusion: people on the board are considerably above-average at fantasy football.

I've also been known to win a league or two. Let that blow your mind a little...

And if I can bring my Topanga av, I'm in for this Eliza League... :P

Experts League

Prince of the North (1) - bye

Jaime (2) - bye

Whiskeyjack (3) vs. Mya (6)

J.J. Lannister (4) vs. Jaxom (5)

Westeros 1

Whiskeyjack (1) - bye

Kalbear (2) - bye

Fuentez (3) vs. Lightning Lord (6)

RaceBannon (4) vs. Slurktan (5)

Westeros 2