Fantasy Football General Discussion - 2012

RaceBannon42

So I just had my last draft of the year and my big money league. It's a 12 team, standard league with what seems like decent players.

QB - Big Ben (Luck, Flacco)

RB - McCoy, Mathews (K. Smith, Wilson, Hunter)

WR - J. Jones, D. Bryant (T. Smith, LaFell, Little)

FLEX - One of the Smith's most likely

TE - Rudolph

K - Cundiff

D/ST - Chiefs

I'm pretty happy with this team, especially my starting line up. I'm not thrilled that I ended up with Ben in the 4th but there was a big run before my pick and he was the last one that I actually wanted to start as my QB1. I picked Luck a few rounds later just in case but didn't realize that they have the same bye. So I then had to get Flacco. Which is fine because someone will always need a QB at some point and I'll just trade one of them.

I love my WRs. I'm happy with my RB core. Mathews dropped to the 3rd round and I just couldn't pass on him there. Smith, Wilson and Hunter should work as depth.

All in all, really happy with the way this turned out. Thoughts?

I know we talked about this in PM. You were in the #2 slot so it seems that #1 went Foster then some combo of WR/RB in rds. 2 and 3.

I can see why you like it. That team should compete for $$$.

Yup. He went Foster/White/F-Jax. I'm not sure what I would have done if F-Jax was there in the 3rd but I'm ecstatic to take a chance on Mathews. Love the upside.

On a side note, I hate ESPN. I don't like looking at my teams on there. The look and feel is terrible. I'm glad this is the only team I have there.

Yup. He went Foster/White/F-Jax. I'm not sure what I would have done if F-Jax was there in the 3rd but I'm ecstatic to take a chance on Mathews. Love the upside.

On a side note, I hate ESPN. I don't like looking at my teams on there. The look and feel is terrible. I'm glad this is the only team I have there.

Agreed on ESPN. I did add a second team (see other thread) for the sole reason of making myself learn the interface better and remembering to check the site. What would you have done if he'd gone FJax/Mathews (which I might well have in his shoes)?

Agreed on ESPN. I did add a second team (see other thread) for the sole reason of making myself learn the interface better and remembering to check the site. What would you have done if he'd gone FJax/Mathews (which I might well have in his shoes)?

I either would have gone Green or Martin, probably Martin because I thought I could get Dez in the 5th which I ended up doing.

I guess the other option is to go QB there and not get caught at the end of the run in the 4th but I just saw too much value in Mathews and the best RB2 I could have gotten in the 4th was Ridley or BJGE which I'm not too high on.

My team in HP's league (note: I had another WiFi debacle, and so autodraft took Brady/Gronk for me with the 8th and 13th overall picks):

QB- T. Brady

RB- F. Jackson, F. Gore (BJ Green-Ellis, CJ Spiller, T. Gerhart, R. Williams)

WR- H. Nicks, A. Brown, R. Wayne (N. Washington, R. Cobb)

TE- R. Gronkowski

K- A. Henery

DST- Houston

I didn't realize benches were so shallow (or I wouldn't have put 4 bench spots on RB)... I've been in too many WJ leagues.

In a 10-team league with only 4 points per passing TD, I don't love a QB in the first in the abstract... but I LOVE Brady with the 8th pick, I think he'll win the passing yards title this year, and I don't know what everyone else was doing. I'm low on Gronk relatively speaking, but I can live with him at that spot; though I may try to flip him into upgrades at WR or QB (or Graham if I think I can pull that off).

I'm OK with my WR situation; I have Nicks as my #3 WR, Brown as my #11, and Wayne as my #26, so considering I didn't draft one before the 3rd, I'll live. RB... I have FJax in my top 10 RB, I don't really love Gore, but as far as I can tell, I like him better than most of the other Westeros FF players. Meh.

I did make a pretty serious mistake in the 5th round (pick 8), taking Brown and assuming Doug Martin (whom I don't really like, but I'd be trusting the collective judgment of all of you over myself) would fall to me with the 3rd pick of the 6th... but he didn't and then the top WR on my board (Lloyd, whom I have at WR#7) got taken as well before my pick (I didn't take Lloyd in the 5th over Brown because I didn't really want to have 3 lynchpin pieces of the NE passing O that early in the draft), and so I ended up with Gore there.

Will see how this shakes out.

So got a random question here. I've not paid any attention to football this year (well sorta, I work on Madden, but I've not paid attention to actual fantasy football for the coming year). I just got back from vacation and have a draft in just over 3 hours. This is a 10 team league, fairly standard HTH PPR league. I draft 6th. Any players I should look at taking above draft position, as well as players I should avoid? The team comp is fairly usual. QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, Flex, Def, K, 6 bench. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Not a deal I would normally make, but Brees/Cutler is good enough and MJD/AP/Ridley with BJGE and Wilson in the wings is a great combo down the road, if not right away. At some point will probably have to move an RB for a WR4, but not yet. Helps both teams, I think.

So got a random question here. I've not paid any attention to football this year (well sorta, I work on Madden, but I've not paid attention to actual fantasy football for the coming year). I just got back from vacation and have a draft in just over 3 hours. This is a 10 team league, fairly standard HTH PPR league. I draft 6th. Any players I should look at taking above draft position, as well as players I should avoid? The team comp is fairly usual. QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, Flex, Def, K, 6 bench. Any thoughts? Thanks.

My top list right now would be Foster, Rodgers, Rice, McCoy, Brees, Calvin Johnson, Brady, Chris Johnson, McFadden then maybe Forte or Graham. MJD and Mathews have fallen out of the top 10, but should not fall too far. I like Graham over Gronk and don't like any old school RB not previously mentioned. I also I hate the QB situation in Arizona so I am not drafting Larry Fitz. My WR 2-4 are Julio Jones, AJ Green and Jordy Nelson, though the order changes daily. Among rookies, I am only up on Doug Martin. Others tend to like Richardson more than I do. Both rookie QB are best used for backups/fliers.

I would rank the QB class in five draftable tiers

Tier 1 - the first rounders: Rodgers, Brees, Brady

Tier 2 - the second rounders: Newton, Stafford

Tier 3 - solid 4-6 rounders: Vick, Ryan, Eli, Romo

Tier 4 - fliers, good backups: Cutler, Peyton, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Schaub, RG3, Luck

Tier 5 - weak backups: Palmer, Freeman, Locker, Smith, Dalton. Flacco, Wilson

Tier 6 - very weak - Backups for deep start 2 leagues only: The rest

Well I drafted and here is my team: (this is a 4pt per passing TD with PPR league)

QB: Rivers, Parmer

RB: Sproles, Matthews, S. Jackson, Redman, K. Smith

WR: Welker, AJ Green, D. Thomas, Meachem

TE: F. Davis, J. Cook

Def: Giants

K: Praeter

Thoughts?

RB good but not great, WR strong enough, QB and TE very weak. Overall, not impressive. I am not in any PPR leagues and while I know Sproles gets a boost in that format, I don't see anyone there worthy of a top 12 pick.

Well I drafted and here is my team: (this is a 4pt per passing TD with PPR league)

QB: Rivers, Parmer

RB: Sproles, Matthews, S. Jackson, Redman, K. Smith

WR: Welker, AJ Green, D. Thomas, Meachem

TE: F. Davis, J. Cook

Def: Giants

K: Praeter

Thoughts?

I pretty much agree with Bronn. I like your RB and WR. Not a fan of Sproles but I'm sure he has plenty of value in PPR, and the rest of them are all good other than Redman who sucks. But QB is weak and TE is below average. I am definitely not a believer in Rivers bouncing back this year. I know some people buy in, but from what I've read, he lost significant arm strength last year and isn't great at throwing the deep ball anymore. Could be wrong, but it was enough to make me avoid him.

Also, good to see you Arak. You're working at EA? Congrats on that. :cheers: Why did you guys take away franchise mode in Madden this year? That was my favorite part of the game.

Also, good to see you Arak. You're working at EA? Congrats on that. :cheers: Why did you guys take away franchise mode in Madden this year? That was my favorite part of the game.

It's there but it's now Connected Careers. Not sure what all the differences are though. This is the first Madden I've bought in awhile and I'm terrible. Like really bad. It's so frustrating.

It's there but it's now Connected Careers. Not sure what all the differences are though. This is the first Madden I've bought in awhile and I'm terrible. Like really bad. It's so frustrating.

Yeah, but from what I've read they removed the ability to control all 32 teams and edit players in franchise (or whatever you call it). That's a game killer for me. Probably not a surprise - I want full control of everything. I want to play out a lot of the games using different teams throughout the year, and want to edit players to reflect my feelings about them, rather than getting stuck with the default. Want to control the draft and free agency for every team. They took all of that away.

Archived