Fantasy Football General Discussion - 2012

RaceBannon42

Ok, on DeAngelo Williams. I bloody flexed him, and lost the week by 3 points with Decker and Boldin on the bench(Welkers single point didn't help either). Washington's flavor of the week back is on waivers. I want to just do it(with neither likely to start next week), but some piece of me says "there is no way DeAngelo has another week like that, especially if Stewart has a nagging issue." Advice please!

Priorities on who to pick up for waivers this week? I'm number two on prio and available are Ogletree, S. Hill, Morris, Flacco, etc.

Arak - given that we have so many board leagues, I don't think it makes sense to have a discussion about waiver pickups in this thread.

If you have a question, might be better to PM somebody.

5-2 week, but not really happy with it. Had disappointing efforts from both my expanded roster teams and was just atrocious in my confidence pool (great job moving the 14 from SD to Oakland last night, JL)

and had the Fred Jackson debacle in Thunderdome.

More like the RG3 debacle.

Ri-ver-run! Ri-ver-run!

In six leagues this year - went 3-3 this week. Unfortunately, put up a very respectable score but lost to the high scorer of the week in my "big" money league. Also, lost by 3 points in my own long-standing "medium" money league. If Ray Rice had only gotten a couple more receptions/carries I would have most likely gotten the win here. In addition, put up one of the higher scores for the week but lost to the weekly high scorer in a "small" money league.

Won in another "small" money league handily and completely lucked out in Experts and the Thunderdome this week :D

Yeah, the season is still young so plenty more can and will happen before the end ;)

Priorities on who to pick up for waivers this week? I'm number two on prio and available are Ogletree, S. Hill, Morris, Flacco, etc.
Depends a lot on what you need and what the league needs.

Morris did well, but is in a Shanahan offense with a lot of other players. I'd be somewhat down on him. While I think the Redskins are going to run and RG3 makes every RB better, it doesn't mean that it's always going to be Morris.

Flacco did well against an okay Cinci D. It's a good sign, but it's almost certainly the case that the Ravens are never going to be a pass-heavy offensive juggernaut. Ray Rice is too important to him. Flacco is probably in the top 10 of QBs so if people are weak at QB (or if this is an extended league) chances are good he'll do well.

Ogletree is tougher. While I think he has a great chance to shine the fact is that they were playing against a substantially horrible Giants secondary, and he got the benefit of being the third receiver being covered by Inanimate Carbon Rod. I think he has some potential but I wouldn't bust the bank on him.

Hill is interesting. He's rated as one of the best prospects to come out of college in a long time. He clearly is skilled. But it's still the Jets, it's still the Sanchize, and most importantly he's a rookie. I'd feel more comfortable about him over Ogletree, but not by a huge margin.

Of the three, I think Flacco has the most long-term benefit. Morris is probably the best trade bait.

0-3 and 4th to last in Survivor. Yay for autodrafts. I would have won in W3 if I had started Adrian Peterson. I kept checking to make sure Foster was playing and forgot that I had Peterson in a league. I am kicking myself for not starting him. I think my teams should be fine, but not a good start.

Went 2-0 for me :P

My yahoo league with my Brother in law and his navy buddies I made out in 3 place with points.

Traded Chi Defense for M.Bush, not too worried i got Houston and SD def also, and I need a third RB to back up Murry and Turner

In my westros league I got second place behind Greyjoy who ironically I face in week two :/ hoping I win in that one. Need foster to go freakin off lol

Archived