Fantasy Football General Discussion - 2012

RaceBannon42

Yeah, that sucks. I have him in 2, maybe 3 leagues. Fortunately, I have Spiller in several as well, though I think he was on the bench in all of them today- I took him out last-minute for Gerhart in one league. Oops.

Also, can't believe I played against someone who started Andre Freaking Roberts in the flex in Thunderdome. Damn you, Harrenhal!

I think I literally had no one else to put in...maybe Emmanuel Sanders? And I had to start DeAngelo Williams. I need you, Ryan Matthews, so very badly.

Bronn - next year, please don't be the first person to sign up in every league. I think we're playing each other 4 times this week (dynasty, keeper, westeros 2, westeros 3). Pretty sure thats a result of you being so quick to join. :P

(just kidding, I don't care....except that it would be nice to have a few easy matchups to start the season.....)

That used to be me each year. But now that I am so rarely on I am the last to join.

Looks like I was wrong on Julio. I know a lot have him top 2. I just thought Roddy White, Gonzalez, Turner and Rodgers was too much O to make him top 2. Looks like I was wrong. I do like Garcon too though and he did well.

I think I literally had no one else to put in...maybe Emmanuel Sanders? And I had to start DeAngelo Williams. I need you, Ryan Matthews, so very badly.

Oh god, I had the same thing. I saw Stewart out and though, Ill flex him instead of Decker. I too am really needing Matthews back.

Heading into the Monday Night games, looks like I'll be 2-3 or 3-2 with one of the top scores in Survivor.

-Locked up W3 win

-Locked up win in my outside-the-board 16-team league

-Matched up against LL in Thunderdome; I have Phillip Rivers and Ray Rice against 16.66 points and the Cincy D. I'd give me an edge, but stranger things have happened.

-W2, I have Rivers and Malcom Floyd, he has Gates and a 28.5 point lead. If Gates doesn't have a spectacular game and Rivers hits Floyd for a TD during a good game, I could get back in it, but FJax being hurt will be the difference here. Also, if anyone wants to trade for CJ2K, he's available- this isn't a panic trade, as I didn't expect him to be great, but I think he'll be much better than he showed today in the future, so I'm still treating him as a top-10 or top-15 player; but I autodrafted him, so he doesn't really feel like "my" guy.

-HP's league, getting blown out there. Matt Ryan is good at Fantasy Football. FJax not so much.

The leagues I care most about are W3, Thunderdome, and the off-the-board 16-teamer in no particular order, so that's nice, but as a Bills fan and a 2-league FJax owner, not the greatest day.

Went heavy on Stafford and Megatron in Experts, and 2 of my 3 money leagues, so needless to say I'm in trouble in all of them. Jaxoms team is apparently better in experts than anyone thought, and he is blowing me out. I dont think I'm getting 39 points out of Boldin tonight so thats a loss. Down 26.8 in Thunderdome with Meacham left to go against Janikowski, so theres another loss. Sitting in 1st in Survivor for the moment, with Janikowski left there so thats looking good. Rough first weekend for the Crows and the Kingslayers.

It looks like I will get out of WJ hellweek with either 2-2 or 1-3. Got the one win locked down in Dynasty. Will probably lose with a 155+ score in Keeper. :(

Down 7.5 in W2 with BJGE to go and him with Torrey Smith. In W3 I am down 42.5 with him having Ronnie Brown to go and I have Malcom Floyd, Antonio Gates, Seabass AND BJGE. I would not expect to win both of those and consider winning one a 50% chance.

Speaking of BJGE - Psst Eric - I drafted him to be your RB4, not RB3. Ridley is THE MAN.

A quick state of my teams report.

Dynasty. A winner! Though WJ lost this one as much as I won it. Neither of us had great weeks. The team is overstocked at RB and understocked at WR. This will be the team where I play Alfred Morris for keeps (he's a sell for me elsewhere - which is almost all non-Westeros). So available for a WR or TE you can have SJax, Gore, Hillis, K. Smith or D. Brown. Obviously, I need to keep at least three of those guys. But I am willing to move any of the others for fair value. All are 1 year contracts. Also looking to bail out on Wes Welker if someone wants to give rd. 3 type value for him.

Keeper: HATE to lose with 155 points in expanded rosters but not with TE and DT like Experts, but it appears I will. Again, overstocked at RB and weak at WR. Will move AP or CJ2K for fair value, though the value on those two guys is merging rapidly. They both look like low end RB1 types.

Westeros 2: Outcome TBD but likely a loss (see above). Headed to be an "arms and legs" team with three horsemen RB's and good QB's (Ah Ryan! - can't wait to see what he's gonna do to the Saints D down the road) Willing to move Ridley for a WR, but doubt I can get the value I want. Probably a team that won't make much in the way of deals.

Westeros 3: Outcome 50-50. maybe 40-60 (see above). This team actually has WR to spare and needs an RB. Any of the following could be had for the right price - Megatron, R. Wayne, DeSean, MalFloyd, Britt, Cobb, T. Young. The two Lions are probably the hardest to peel away from me and the idea of Reggie Wayne getting almost 20 targets yesterday has me a bit giddy.

Thunderdome: Outcome 50-50. I am done at 87 and Kal is down about 16 with Carson Palmer to go. Willing to sell high on Alfred Morris here - I think I can go with Ridley and Reggie Bush. Need a high WR3 or low WR2 for Morris. Or I could part with one of the other two for a solid WR2. Not willing to bail on Cam Newton yet.

Survivor: Ugh. Outcome - nobody is knocked out this week, but I am at 67 with Gresham to go. Another clinker next week could be a problem. This team is suffering badly from "First Draft Syndrome" Went first and grabbed Rodgers, but deeply regretting taking Richardson and Roddy White on the turn. Had the draft happened a few days later, I would surely have taken AJ Green and either Gates or SJax. But it is what it is. The plan remains what it was all along, sneak by for the first few eliminations and hope by then Jacquizz or Tate has emerged. By week 3 I might have Britt and Cobb in the lineup,with Cobb as the flex Not wililng to break up Rodgers yet and this team has little else to justify a trade. So I am not looking.

Yo Gabbert Gabbert surprised me, though I'd heard he is much improved. I still don't think he's anything but a bye week fill-in guy in Expanded rosters leagues (a QB3) but at least now there are signs he may be a good QB3.

Turner as on-his-way-out has been the theme of the offseason at the RB position. I am definitely of that school and drafted Jacquizz more than once. He'll never be a 25 carry guy, but he could be the dumpoff option in a no-huddle pass-heavy scheme. As such, with his elusiveness, he could be a very good RB2.

Went heavy on Stafford and Megatron in Experts, and 2 of my 3 money leagues, so needless to say I'm in trouble in all of them. Jaxoms team is apparently better in experts than anyone thought, and he is blowing me out. I dont think I'm getting 39 points out of Boldin tonight so thats a loss. Down 26.8 in Thunderdome with Meacham left to go against Janikowski, so theres another loss. Sitting in 1st in Survivor for the moment, with Janikowski left there so thats looking good. Rough first weekend for the Crows and the Kingslayers.

Let's all bask in the glow of the above statement... :P

Yo Gabbert Gabbert surprised me, though I'd heard he is much improved. I still don't think he's anything but a bye week fill-in guy in Expanded rosters leagues (a QB3) but at least now there are signs he may be a good QB3.

on the other hand, tebow lit up the minny secondary last season.

1-2 this week.

Third highest score in W1, but played against the highest score. Damn you Fred Jackson/Matt Ryan.

Score on the low end in W2, but topped the Steel Curtain. Hoping for a bit more RB production next week. Turner and Williams got nothing for me.

An embarassing opener to Thunderdome Season. Cincinnati's D yielded negative points and Matthews can't rehab fast enough. Also, Aaron, please throw to Greg more often. He's lonely.

Archived