So.. Okay, Margaery Tyrell is a lesbian?

JaegrM

I don't know how you worded your post, but I wasn't really asking if she was gay, more like I was asking why there is apparently a large group of people who believe she is.

I wanted to know if I missed something that was obvious to others.

And apparently even here there are some people who think she is at least bisexual.

I think that what's needed is a look at the constituency of the Marg is the L-word camp. Most likely they're indulging in wishful thinking, not making a judgement based on the books' content.

I don't think she is

I think she likes men

and she lost her virginity with one or more

of course not with Renly or Joffrey and even less with Tommen

Loras is gay, that's known, but Margaery isn't a lesbian, or she could like both, men and women, but not gay, I'm sure

On the one hand, she willingly married both a gay man and a child - sex with her husband is clearly not something she's seeking out in her marriages.

On the other hand, she willingly married Joffrey. If he wasn't sadistic, there would have been no reason to poison him. Regular sex with Joffrey would have been expected, and eventually will be expected with Tommen. If she was a lesbian, would she have been so eager to be engaged to Joffrey?

Also, it seems like she makes a point of being surrounded by a group of girls at all times. Unless they're having orgies, she's probably not goofing around in Kings Landing.

She could well be bi.

I guess alot of people are hung up on the slumber parties with her cousins, but a bunch of young female relatives and friends all sleeping in the same bed was actually pretty common back then. It was even common into the 1800s and early 1900s, after dinner the women all go upstairs and go to sleep while the men go into the study and have drinks and discuss politics. Anyone seen "Gone with the Wind?"

I think there is something that Cersei thinks when she is watching Marg and Loras together. She thinks how attractive the two of them are and how similar looking they are (even more similar looking than twins Cersei and Jaime) and then she wonders if what else they have in common, which possibly means - is Marg a homosexual too. I don't think Cersei actually believes this, she is just thinking spiteful thoughts.

As for Marg sharing a bed with her cousins, there is nothing unusual in that. It is perfectly normal for a queen to be attended 24/7 even when she is in the bath, on the toilet or asleep. Imagine if she woke up during the night thirsty, she needs someone available on hand to fetch her a drink.

More importantly, the Tyrells have pimped her out as a high class bride suitable for a royal marriage on the basis of her birth and her virginity - however, as a young widow, there will always be doubts about her chastity so she surrounds herself with her ladies as a "Virginity Protection Zone" (the VPZ!) - i.e. she is never alone with anyone. It's just that Cersei perverted that into an accusation that they all fornicate and have orgies and whatnot.

I don't think that she's a lesbian, no more than Dany or Cersei is. Being a lesbian in those days(in ages Westeros lives through) means little and less. Women, especially highborn girls doesn't have a choice to make. They have to marry, and they have to produce heirs. A man can be gay, and he may not "perform" because of that but a woman can. So you cannot put it as simple as "Renly is gay."

She might be enjoying it with women more of course, but it can't be proven, which was my original point. And I don't think that it was implied in the books. If Cersei had a real clue/doubt about that she would put Taena in "seduction plan" rather than Osney Kettleback, I guess.

The only thing I finding pointing to her being a lesbian or bi is that her only adult companion is Teana who iz clearly bi.

Not really. She put up with Cersei's fingerbanging to preserve her position as companion, and Cersei did it to show that she was the powerful one in the relationship. I'm convinced that she faked the orgasm, too.

• 9 months later...

I don't think she's completely gay, though she might be bi. There was that one part in AFFC where Cersei notices that Margaery is always surrounded by other girls, and wonders if she has something in common with Loras. So at least some people suspect that she may be.

I don't think she's completely gay, though she might be bi. There was that one part in AFFC where Cersei notices that Margaery is always surrounded by other girls, and wonders if she has something in common with Loras. So at least some people suspect that she may be.

"Some people"? You mean Cersei the liar? Cersei, who accuses Margaery of anything she can think of? If AFFC had run on longer Cersei would have accused Margaery of killing King Aerys.

I would just like to point out that episode 3x07 was written by George, and that convinced me Margaery's definitely a lesbian!

"Some women like pretty girls" god the way she looked at Sansa when she said that :wub:

And yellow flowers with red tints symbolise friendship turning into love!

I want Margaery to be a lesbian and experiment with Sansa! They'll make such a cute couple :love:

She's definitely not a lesbian. It's possible she's bisexual, although I was always under the impression she was straight.

Me too from what LF said about her makes me think she wants a MAN not a boy and he's good at seeing what ppl want. I think even if marg wins over cercei LF knows a better way to bring her down than cercei tried. God help her if they try to go for a boy LF wants for sansa.

Archived