This Small Question Thing

Angalin

Immediately after applying the mask..

"Hands closed around her throat, hard as stone, choking her. Her own hands shot up to claw at the arms of her attacker, but there was no one there. A terribe sense of fear filled her, and she heard a noise, a hideous crunching noise, accompanied by blinding pain. A face floated in front of her, fat, bearded, brutal, his mouth twisted with rage. She heard the priest say, "Breathe, child. Breathe out the fear. Shake off the shadows. He is dead. She is dead. Her pain is gone. Breathe."

Thanks so much! IS this the only example? I have the feeling that the memories are actually the victim's last moments.

Barring the AFFC/ADWD weirdness, has GRRM ever shown us a chapter from X at a certain time, and then later on shown us a chapter from Y that occurs before the time X occured?

Sorry if it wasn't clear, just trying to figure out the Pink Letter, because the Theon chapter from The Winds of Winter would have to occur a very significant time prior to the sending of the Pink Letter if Ramsay actually sent it.

` This had been bothering me for a while, even though it's not important. However, when Jon escapes the wildlings and he gets to Mole's Town he exchanges his horse for another one. How does this work? Is there a fee for the exchange or is it good hospitality? What if the horse exchanged is worse than the one that was taken?

The Nights Watch owns that land so they can essentially take what they want, within reason.

Barring the AFFC/ADWD weirdness, has GRRM ever shown us a chapter from X at a certain time, and then later on shown us a chapter from Y that occurs before the time X occured?

Sorry if it wasn't clear, just trying to figure out the Pink Letter, because the Theon chapter from The Winds of Winter would have to occur a very significant time prior to the sending of the Pink Letter if Ramsay actually sent it.

Read A Taste of Winter including the "(The chronology, as usual, is tricky. This chapter will be found eventually at the beginning of WINDS, but as you will be able to tell from context, it actually takes place before some of the chapters at the end of DANCE)."

Are you asking if GRRM shows us chapters out of order? All the time. If you are asking if we see a chapter late in 1 book, and then an earlier chapter early in the next, I know it happened in aFFC/aDwD and will happen in aDwD/WoW. I believe it has happened in at least one other time, but don't know it off the top of my head.

Do we have any evidence of the dothraki actually taking (ok, breaching in and ravaging) a city? Except the futile attempt against the Unsullied at Astapor? I mean how can a dothraki siege work, except for starving the occupants to death?

In the HBO series, King Bob explains how the Dothraki would pillage the small folk forcing the Lords to leave their castles.

Is there proof that Robert Baratheon knew how to read?

He supposedly read a letter from containing info about Dany's wedding. He was a high lord, and with Maester Cressen seeing to Robert's education, so Robert was literate.

He supposedly read a letter from containing info about Dany's wedding. He was a high lord, and with Maester Cressen seeing to Robert's education, so Robert was literate.

I knew he would have a maester becaise he was noble but that doesnt mean Robert learned or showed any interest in learning. But if he read the letter i suppose thats proof enough he did learn.

Do we have any evidence of the dothraki actually taking (ok, breaching in and ravaging) a city? Except the futile attempt against the Unsullied at Astapor? I mean how can a dothraki siege work, except for starving the occupants to death?

The story about their attack at Qohor (not Astapor) is the only evidence. They were planning on assaulting and sacking it before the Unsullied appeared. We have this statement from Dany's bloodriders that implies they don't (and have even rationalized it):

“When cowards hide behind great walls, it is they who are defeated, Khaleesi,” Ko Jhogo said.

Her other bloodriders concurred. “Blood of my blood,” said Rakharo, “when cowards hide and burn the food and fodder, great khals must seek for braver foes. This is known.”

“It is known,” Jhiqui agreed, as she poured.

And Jorah says the same.

“Mind you, Princess, if the lords of the Seven Kingdoms have the wit the gods gave a goose, it will never come to that. The riders have no taste for siegecraft. I doubt they could take even the weakest castle in the Seven Kingdoms, but if Robert Baratheon were fool enough to give them battle..."

I know a lot of people think that they can't do siege work. I think they must be able, or at the very least they at one point they were able to siege a city( which is sometimes easier, and other times harder then a castle). Vaes Dothrak has many things that sound like they were from a city or castle not the least would be the bronze horses. I also think that the free Cities would not pay the Dothraki if they thought they could wait safe inside their cities walls.

Why people keep saying that Jaime Lannister could've held titles in a Game of Thrones?

He can be Warden of the East

He can be Hand of the King

What is up with that? Isn't he a member of the Kingsguard?

His role as a member of the KG is pretty iffy. Jaime wasn't big on the rules, Robert didn't care enough to enforce them, and Tywin was always trying to weasel Jaime out of his KG position.

His role as a member of the KG is pretty iffy. Jaime wasn't big on the rules, Robert didn't care enough to enforce them, and Tywin was always trying to weasel Jaime out of his KG position.

Why didn't even Ned object to that.. He said to Robert that he would inherit west from his father and a man should never control half of the realm.. Even he agreed that Jaime would inherit west.. Not even an argument about it with Robert.. Ridiculous...

Why didn't even Ned object to that.. He said to Robert that he would inherit west from his father and a man should never control half of the realm.. Even he agreed that Jaime would inherit west.. Not even an argument about it with Robert.. Ridiculous...

Why would Ned care whether exactly Jaime or someone else along the line would inherit the west? On the contrary, he will look like the douchy nerd that reminds the teacher to give homework if he's constantly nagging, "But Bob, he's Kingsguard, he cant!!"

Two questions:

Can someone direct me to a thread that lists Robert's known children, or speculation of any others?

Also, can someone brief me on the protocol for the new app? I got it, I love it, I was interested in some of the choice wording and info contained in there, and I would think that we can not use it on the boards yet because the app is too new and it might be considered spoiler? I am sure not everyone has it that would like to acquire it yet. Especially because I think it is not available on all tech stuff yet.

Thanks, Just don't want to blunder.

Two questions:

Can someone direct me to a thread that lists Robert's known children, or speculation of any others?

I do not know about a thread, but Robert's known children are:

Mya Stone

Bella in Stoney Sept

Gendry

Edric Storm

Barra

twins in Lannisport Cersei had killed

I do not know about a thread, but Robert's known children are:

Mya Stone

Bella in Stoney Sept

Gendry

Edric Storm

Barra

twins in Lannisport Cersei had killed

Varys knows of one other and there ought to be 8 more from maegi's predictions. Which IMHO is a way to give GRRM some extra people if he needs them

Archived