US Politics - Let the Recount begin

Howdyphillip

MN marriage amendment failed, so stoked! Also, the Bachmann race is unexpectedly close. I think she'll probably win, but the expectation on Jim Graves was to build name recognition for next time. So go Minnesota, winning back both houses of our legislature, voting down voter id, giving Bachmann a mandatory recount margin (if she even keeps it) and being the first state to reject an amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman. I'm so proud.

I think the story that Romney did not have a concession speech prepared may actually have been accurate. Early reaction to the concession speech was that it was gracious. But it was also extraordinarily short, nothing more than thanking supporters and asking them to pray for Obama. I just watched it again - it sounded like it had been written in 10 minutes.

The GOP still controls the House.

And will they commit suicide with the fastest-growing demographic in the USA by stone-walling it? I felt that there was a good chance that Romney would go after it had he won. Lindsey Graham, Jeb Bush and others are already trying to push the Republican Party in that direction to stave off further loss of the new demographics.

The Millenials will outnumber the baby-boomers soon with 2 and 4 more years coming of voting age in the next two cycles. They're diverse and they still are breaking Democratic. They can't keep relying on them to switch as they grow older bc the Dems will still continue to net gain on that calculus moving forward.

I think the story that Romney did not have a concession speech prepared may actually have been accurate. Early reaction to the concession speech was that it was gracious. But it was also extraordinarily short, nothing more than thanking supporters and asking them to pray for Obama. I just watched it again - it sounded like it had been written in 10 minutes.

Yeah, it was only a little over 6 minutes long. Pretty much follows the story that he had no speech.

And will they commit suicide with the fastest-growing demographic in the USA by stone-walling it?

They tried to destroy the world economy.

Like, this is not an exageration, this is 100% what they did and they didn't change their minds on it, they just lost the competition. They haven't learned anything.

I felt that there was a good chance that Romney would go after it had he won. Lindsey Graham, Jeb Bush and others are already trying to push the Republican Party in that direction to stave off further loss of the new demographics.

The Millenials will outnumber the baby-boomers soon with 2 and 4 more years coming of voting age in the next two cycles. They're diverse and they still are breaking Democratic. They can't keep relying on them to switch as they grow older bc the Dems will still continue to net gain on that calculus moving forward.

They won't though. Did you miss the entire Republican campaign from primary till today? They are doubling down on old white people. They've been loosing the demographics race for awhile now but they haven't changed. Instead, the Tea Party came about and went even whiter. They are already spinning Romney's loss as "too moderate".

Some people may see the writing on the wall, but the party as a whole is wilfully blind and there is no indication that will change any time in the near future.

They won't do it cause it's sane, they won't do it to save their party and they certainly won't give Obama the victory. Unless a fundamental change we have never yet seen occurs, that's how it's gonna be.

Donald Trump's twitter is the funniest thing on the internet right now.

I loved how he went from tweeting "Whoever wins today, remember that tomorrow we still have a country struggling. Our work is not done until America is strong again." before election results to throwing massive tantrums after Obama was declared winner.

I'm a little bummed he deleted this beauty:

He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!—

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

Grab your torches and pitchforks!

Seriously though, congrats to all our American boarders. Was up all night following the election on CNN despite the combined idiocy of Wolf and Quest.

Archived