US Politics - Let the Recount begin

Howdyphillip

But I'm pretty sure I won't be hoping again that he'll be a bipartisan post-racial moderate.

What else has he been for the last 4 years? Only by a yardstick bent to the point of insanity is Obama not a center, if not center-right, POTUS.

Wait did he just promise to lower sea levels again?

Nah, just throwing a bone to environmentalists and not-crazy people that he is actually aware of anthropogenic global warming.

edit: Rockin'. Way too late for me.

What else has he been for the last 4 years? Only by a yardstick bent to the point of insanity is Obama not a center, if not center-right, POTUS.

And also one who spent much of his first term trying to compromise.

Finally! I can go to sleep to sleep now. I'm happy with the results for presidential and for gay marriage passing and the Dream act-esque referendum passing in MD. I just didn't want the gambling and redistricting ones to pass.

After all roller coaster of the last month and a half the election ends with about the results the polls back at the beginning of September were predicting. Despite debating much better than most would have expected Romney simply could not close the deal. He was a weak candidate and in the end received the beat-down that such poor offering should. It is a profound invalidation of a life that has been running for president for the past 6 years at the very least and I would suspect to some degree since his failed Senate run back in the mid-ninties. Probably had some view of trying to accomplish what his father could not well before that. he has done anything, said anything, and reinvented himself many times in the quest to satisfy that all-consuming ambition. In the end he lost because he couldn't change the basic fact that he was a profoundly rich child of privileged who seemed to think he should be president because he deserved it.

Fuck you, Mitt. Please go away now and stay away. Ride your fucking garage elevator or something to remind yourself that while you might have lost the presidency and failed in your life's ambition you can still hide from the real world behind your vast fortunate. Of course, you won't be completely done fucking with us. You will probably go back to running a company like Bain and ruining lives for the sake of a making shit-loads more money. But at least you will be gone from the public stage and for that I will be grateful.

I will never understand this weird need to contextualize the U.S. as 'the greatest' or w/e. It reduces great ideas to football rallies. It's juveline, dumb, and mind-numbing. To close off a speech about inherent greatness by advocating a need to 'remind the world why we are the greatest' is just so fucking childish.

Other than that and his need to be didactic in all his speeches, it was great. But man, lose that national insecurity shit. People who truly believe in their greatness don't need others to agree with them about it.

Archived