Hey, Terminix Man!

Robin Of House Hill

Knife fights...nasty.

Had a couple idiots who went full tilt at each other with switchblades in a dinky little travel trailer near here a few years ago. Something like fifty cuts and stab wounds apiece. Both lived. Not sure what the cops finally decided.

But for some reason, this thread brings to mind "Pebbles' thread - the one where she chased the burglars out of her house whilst stark naked.

This thread is getting that "about to be locked" feeling.

You might be right. Considering that there is unlikely to be much agreement with whatever I think, it will wind down to spinning wheels with some random insults traded. The handwriting was on the wall when the avatar generated more interest than anything else.

Brady,

Terminix is an exterminator franchise.

Unsolicited advice: If you aren't a complete idiot, it is a VERY bad idea to go on record on a public forum and indicate your belief that the homeless are subhuman vermin deserving of any dismal fate that befalls them if you ever hope to be acquitted in an altercation with them on the basis of self-defense.

It is also equally idiotic to believe that given sufficient motivation, that Law Enforcement cannot connect your true persona with your internet one.

Unsolicited advice: If you aren't a complete idiot, it is a VERY bad idea to go on record on a public forum and indicate your belief that the homeless are subhuman vermin deserving of any dismal fate that befalls them if you ever hope to be acquitted in an altercation with them on the basis of self-defense.

It is also equally idiotic to believe that given sufficient motivation, that Law Enforcement cannot connect your true persona with your internet one.

You are correct. If I were intentionally seeking to do such a thing, I probably would not have mentioned it. There is no such thing as privacy on the internet. I also know that unless it was a very old homeless person, I would not likely survive an attack. However, running away from them is not the answer.

Sorry, but I won't get into a debate about whether a point of view is right, simply because it is popular.

Don't worry, I have no intention of debating you. ;)

It certainly would make for an easy game of Clue: Robin Hill on Hollywood Blvd. with the knife.

I win.

It feels more like a game of Mafia where claiming to be 70 may have been the big scum tell.

Robin,

I think you should go back to your Vlad the Impaler av. It was the most charming and least scary of your av choices. This latest one is like Freddy Krueger meets Star Trek.

Seriously. I will loan you a Conway or an Elvis. :).

I suspect the problem is that you regard the homeless as having some intrinsic value, whereas I don't.  That hinders dialogue.

one of the douchiest things ever written on these boards.

a ) are we blaming impoverished people for their poverty?

b ) homeless persons contribute to the economics of housing and wages by placing pressure on the relevant prices - the reserve army of labor, aye?

c ) what is so bothersome about all of the homeless persons out there who haven't allegedly attacked you? gut them too, to teach them a lesson?

one of the douchiest things ever written on these boards.

a ) are we blaming impoverished people for their poverty?

b ) homeless persons contribute to the economics of housing and wages by placing pressure on the relevant prices - the reserve army of labor, aye?

c ) what is so bothersome about all of the homeless persons out there who haven't allegedly attacked you? gut them too, to teach them a lesson?

dude,

d) Fundamental Attribution Error

Archived