Boardwalk Empire Season 4

Mark Antony

Why? Because Rosetti is going to need more firepower in tomorrow's episode, and Richard needs a new job. Or maybe Richard is forced to make a deal with him to save Tommy. Perhaps the clip we saw of Harrow rampaging through the halls, he is defending the mansion. I agree it is far-fetched but you have to admit it would shock the audience. :)

Why? Because Rosetti is going to need more firepower in tomorrow's episode, and Richard needs a new job. Or maybe Richard is forced to make a deal with him to save Tommy. Perhaps the clip we saw of Harrow rampaging through the halls, he is defending the mansion. I agree it is far-fetched but you have to admit it would shock the audience. :)

Somehow I think Nucky is the one going to need more firepower, not Rosetti, he has a fucking army.

Yeah, I can't see Gyp making it out of this season. Even though I'd still like to see Gillian choke him to death for some sordid reason, my gut says that he'll get offed by his own men, likely on Masseria's orders. He's clearly going to lose a shitload of men to the Nucky/Chalky/Capone trifecta, not to mention however many men Richard's going to take out on his rampage. And since we know that neither Nucky or Rothestein is going down (which was basically Masseria's whole reason for letting Gyp loose in the first place), I think he'll basically cut his losses and just off Gyp to satisfy Nucky and co. (along with some kind of business deal, I would imagine). I also feel like the whole part with him killing Tonino's cousin or brother-in-law or whatever is going to have a purpose beyond making him out to be a psychotic asshole...which is something we were pretty clear on already. Seems odd that they would devote the time to that scene if it wasn't going to pay off.

Good point about Tonino; in many ways his situation with Rosetti parallels Nucky's current "who to trust?" predicament. For example Chalky showed his loyalty in this last episode, whereas Rosetti told Tonino to "shut the fuck up" when he tried to give him good advice, setting up some kind of betrayal perhaps.

I think Gillian or Margaret get the axe tomorrow. I'm leaning toward Margaret because I can't stand Gillian and those types of people seem to survive everything like roaches. If Gillian dies, what will Harrow do with the kid? And where will his story go unless he teams up with Nucky?

Rosetti will probably die by Masserias orders - he's been wanting to wash his hands of Gyp for a while now. But that will still leave Masseria for Nucky to deal with. Or for a twist- Masseria dies and Gyp takes control - now that would be interesting.

All that I truly know is that I am so excited to see Capone and Harrow tomorrow.

I think Gillian or Margaret get the axe tomorrow. I'm leaning toward Margaret because I can't stand Gillian and those types of people seem to survive everything like roaches. If Gillian dies, what will Harrow do with the kid? And where will his story go unless he teams up with Nucky?

I'm not sure the logistics how they would connect, but on the basis of the "Emerald City" episode, I would love to see Richard rescue Tommy and take him to live with Margaret & the kids. They can live an exciting life on the run in Season 4 with their very own Tin Man protecting them from various assassins...

I didn't think it was possible, but I'm now looking forward to tonight's episode even more!

GRRM has said that shortly before Boardwalk Empire airs, HBO will be showing a new Season 3 trailer of Game of Thrones. Can't wait! :)

It's an in production feature, not a real trailer.

Damn. What an awesome finale. So many bad-ass moments. I loved Chalky and Capone being at odds, then reconciling after shooting up a bunch of fools. You just know that they'll return to that relationship at some point.

And not to be that guy, but CALLED Tonino being the one to kill Gyp. It just didn't make story-sense to have that scene where Gyp kills his family member. There had to be pay-off. I'm so curious where Harrow and Marge end up though. Harrow almost has to become in league with Nuck, otherwise I can't imagine where his story would go. And Marge? No clue on that. She's obviously going to be a part of the story, but how is she going to fit in? Just another side character a la Van Alden? Can't see it happening. It's gotta come around back to Nucky. Maybe she becomes a maid for the abortion doctor? No clue.

For me, it hit all the expected notes and was pretty underwhelming. There's just something about the whole Atlantic City takeover plot that I just never bought into. Despite my misgivings about Rosetti's portrayal throughout the season, I think that his first scene with Gillian this episode was one of the best acted scenes in the show's entire run.

As for the "political" resolution of the crisis... I'm not entirely sure it makes sense given what we're shown (one of my main complaints about the storytelling this season). Once more people have commented, I may lay out my concerns more explicitly and the more astute can fill me in if I've missed something.

They've given themselves a lot of room for Season 4 and set up a couple of "outs" for characters that have outlived their narrative usefulness (Harrow and Margaret, for sure).

And not to be that guy, but CALLED Tonino being the one to kill Gyp. It just didn't make story-sense to have that scene where Gyp kills his family member. There had to be pay-off.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but I'm not sure that earlier scene really set us up for anything. We know what happened to Tonino; he hid in the closet during the one-man-rampage and was presumably discovered by Nucky and Eli, at which time he was given an ultimatum: kill Gyp or be killed in turn.Knowing the state of Gyp's forces (nothing left, Masseria pulled out his support) he saved his own skin and killed Gyp, His last words, while he was stabbing him, were even an apologetic "sorry, I gotta." I don't see his cousin being killed factoring into this at all, even in his demeanor and the way the scene played out onscreen. Maybe that was a failure of the actor or director, but the whole bit with Gyp's earlier homicidal craziness just didn't seem to pay off.

I read the Tonino one the same way. Gyp's brutality and craziness towards even his own men had to have some of them question why they followed him. Then he begged for his cousin's life, and Gyp brutally killed him and said he owes him. That to me sealed it that he would be involved. When Rosetti was pissing, I knew he was going to kill him. I kept telling my roommates "Look! He's grabbing his gun!" though I was wrong each time. But I think the writers had the previous scene so we wouldn't ask why the hell his right-hand man would kill him rather than run into hiding with him.

Loved everything about this episode really. I kept thinking about Mickey: How is he not dead yet? And Nucky finally fixed his known rat problem. I also love how Rothstein was able to gain so much while giving up absolutely nothing, perfect with his character. Cleverly drawn out, but I wonder what was the point of so much of Margarette's story? No point at all. I hope that scene is her out, as I interpreted it.

It looks like Richard will be gone. He gave up Tommy, and that was all I saw him living for (and Julia, but he left her as well). Maybe he will go into hiding for fear of the consequences of his shooting, maybe he will go to Nucky again and confess. I hope the latter, but it seemed to me Richard was leaving for good.

What did you all think about Nucky dropping the rose? I thought it symbolized that he was done trying to hide who he is. There was no more double life for him, with no family to "protect".

Yeah, it means no more pretenses, no more putting frills onto what was there to pretty it up. No more Nucky Thompson the politician, the public servant, the philanthropist, the benefactor, the servant of the the Church, etc.

It's just Nucky the gangster now.

Yeah, it means no more pretenses, no more putting frills onto what was there to pretty it up. No more Nucky Thompson the politician, the public servant, the philanthropist, the benefactor, the servant of the the Church, etc.

It's just Nucky the gangster now.

Yeah, that's what I got out of it, too. First he told his brother they were going to buffer things. Nucky would meet with no one that they didn't trust. Then when the guy came up to Nucky on the boardwalk, Nucky just glared at him. The Nucky from season 1 would have chatted with him, told him a few jokes. No more of that. Now, as you said, it's just Nucky the gangster.

Loved everything about this episode really. I kept thinking about Mickey: How is he not dead yet? And Nucky finally fixed his known rat problem. I also love how Rothstein was able to gain so much while giving up absolutely nothing, perfect with his character. Cleverly drawn out, but I wonder what was the point of so much of Margarette's story? No point at all. I hope that scene is her out, as I interpreted it.

I thought that Rothstein was the rat Nucky was talking about? It seemed he was helping to set up that indictment on Rothstein for the James Cromwell character.

Archived